I want the old, tougher Rogues back

I used to love fights against Minara, Antalie, Igna. (Not Magnus.) Now they've been wussified. I was even keeping a tally of my Igna kills, but now that she's such a pushover it doesn't even seem worth it anymore.

What we had with Rogues right after introducing the Vaal skills was a glorious thing. I loved the Anarchic affix on maps, which not only gave some delicious quantity for a prefix, but also led to this cool on-your-toes gameplay. You'd never know exactly where you'd find the Rogues, and when you did you often had to manage relatively safe fights against normal mobs simultaneously with attacks from a dangerous foe. It made for a divergence from the standard "tank everything" style and gave a greater emphasis on tactical, positional play.

In other words, something like what GGG was trying to do with Invasion. Invasion fails at it; Anarchic succeeded.

It was a hell of a lot of fun. Anarchic was my favorite map affix by far, kind of like Temporal Chains in reverse: instead of making the map less fun and giving you quantity, it made it more fun and gave you quantity. It's too bad I have to use the past tense here.

We deserve more map affixes like that. And we deserve more challenges with transcend typical overgearing and instead focus on tactics.

We deserve the old Rogues, not the new weak ones. Maybe with slightly toned down Vaal skill spam, but in terms of changing their core stats (damage, overall EHP) the recent changes feel like a mistake to me.

Except Magnus. That old Flameblast was insane.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2014, 2:40:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I want the old Anarchy Exiles, slightly balanced because they now spawn in HC too.
I DO NOT want the Vaal-Skill-no-cooldown-spamming Exiles.
There a difference between "tough and fun", and "BAM! You dead!".

You want to be one-shot by Antalie Napora despite overcapped fire res and good armor, and get screen-frozen and gang-raped by Minara's horde?
Good luck with that.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
I want the old Anarchy Exiles, slightly balanced because they now spawn in HC too.
I DO NOT want the Vaal-Skill-no-cooldown-spamming Exiles.
There a difference between "tough and fun", and "BAM! You dead!".

You want to be one-shot by Antalie Napora despite overcapped fire res and good armor, and get screen-frozen and gang-raped by Minara's horde?
Good luck with that.

i had the 'pleasure' to meet extra projectiles Vaal Burning Arrow Exile on my evasion character.

not fun, not at all
They should have kept them mostly the way they were (minus vaal spam) on maps and strongboxes because you always know that they're coming unless you are risky enough to unid them.

I can understand making them a bit less dangerous in non-map areas, however again GGG has overdone it with the nerfbat. I do like the reduced HP, but the numbers could use looking at.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 21, 2014, 3:48:03 AM
I asked in another thread, i didn't get a good answer:

How should GGG "fix" the Vaal-skill Charges for Rogue exiles? Considering that the exiles works together with the mobs they can't charge it.

Should it be removed completely or 1-time use?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Cergic wrote:
Fully charged on spawn, gains 1 Soul whenever the player(s) gain(s) 1 Soul.

Which means: one-time use if they're fought directly (or three-time, for V Burning Arrow), but if you run away and kill monsters to recharge your own Vaal skills, when you re-engage the Rogue they might have their Vaal skills back as well.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Just fight them in 100+ quantity maps. Still a decent challenge.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:
Fully charged on spawn, gains 1 Soul whenever the player(s) gain(s) 1 Soul.

Which means: one-time use if they're fought directly (or three-time, for V Burning Arrow), but if you run away and kill monsters to recharge your own Vaal skills, when you re-engage the Rogue they might have their Vaal skills back as well.

That's a really good suggestion. You should send a PM/Mail about that!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
kasub wrote:
Just fight them in 100+ quantity maps. Still a decent challenge.
It's their challenge relative to normal mobs which is relevant here. It's a contrast thing.
I rather callously berated a high-end player in guild chat for bitching that the Exiles were too easy now, but having encountered a few on various playthrough and on various characters, I do agree they've been unfairly stripped of their appropriate challenge level. The Vaal skill thing was one issue -- and its removal likely would have been sufficient, if not a SLIGHT reduction in Exile health.

I'm not getting a sense of facing another player anymore. Now they're just rare mobs who have a few different skills.

This is coming from a player who is 'average' to 'below average' for the amount of hours put in.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info