Question to the people who dont play PoE but post around here?

"
Nubatron wrote:

"
You're right !

You just don't get it ... and that's ok as well.You like to trade to progress that's your thing ... I do get it.

I'm not sure where in my message you make the assumption that I like to trade to progress. I am simply discussing the thought process of purposely gimping progress and then expecting changes to the game to mitigate the 'gimp myself' mentality.

Btw, no where in this particular post do I suggest that I do or do not trade either. You can make assumptions based upon my question(s) but for all you know...I do dislike trading but don't expect the game (read as GGG) to bend or submit to my whims.

So I would suggest you did not get 'it'...it being my commentary.

Oh I've been around long enough to sniff the scent of someone who trades.

If you didn't like to trade then you wouldn't trade and most likely be *getting it*.

I'm not going to check your post history as I'm pretty confident that you've most likely even got your own shop up and running so as not to *gimp* yourself.

The thought process of purposely gimping progress ? ...... You trade to trivialize content,take the path of less resistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve,it's no wonder you have that thought process.

You have a rather solid stance and opinion on a style of gameplay that you don't seem to have first hand knowledge of .. and *don't get* the opinion and stance of those you'd rather disagree with.

And like I said,that's fine.Because I *get* what page you're on. =P
Last edited by Temper on Apr 18, 2014, 10:52:29 AM
"
Temper wrote:
You trade to trivialize content,take the path of less rseistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve

No. It is the opposite. Trading is the intended way to play this game. The game is balanced around trading. If you refuse to trade you are not playing the game as intended and thus play a different game than the intended one.

Edit: Path of least resistance just happens to coincide with the path devs want you to play. that's actually good design, to make sure that the path of least resistance is the intended path.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Apr 18, 2014, 10:40:04 AM
"
mazul wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
You trade to trivialize content,take the path of less rseistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve

No. It is the opposite. Trading is the intended way to play this game. The game is balanced around trading. If you refuse to trade you are not playing the game as intended and thus play a different game than the intended one.

Edit: Path of least resistance just happens to coincide with the path devs want you to play. that's actually good design, to make sure that the path of least resistance is the intended path.

And it's still trade to trivialize content,take the path of less rseistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve

And that is true which is fine,it's GGGs game and their design.But still does not make it the opposite of what it actually is. =P

It's exactly what vanilla D3 offered,all other mechanics aside. =)

I get it.

=P
Last edited by Temper on Apr 18, 2014, 11:05:56 AM
"
mazul wrote:
Path of least resistance just happens to coincide with the path devs want you to play. that's actually good design, to make sure that the path of least resistance is the intended path.

If I was new here I'd think this game was cottonball-puffcore by what you just wrote.
Last edited by bluefalcon74 on Apr 18, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
"
Temper wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

And it's still trade to trivialize content,take the path of less rseistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve

And that is true which is fine,it's GGGs game and their design.But still does not make it the opposite of what it actually is. =P

It's exactly what vanilla D3 offered,all other mechanics aside. =)

I get it.

=P

GGG's CASUAL SCRUB game =P
"
The thought process of purposely gimping progress ? ...... You trade to trivialize content,take the path of less resistance,trade to progress and bypass the difficulty curve,it's no wonder you have that thought process.

Now I believe I am getting it.

You describe trivializing content as using the content in the game (last I checked, trade window is in the games content).

You call playing the game as designed as path of least resistance.

You describe the difficulty curve as being bypassed when playing the game as it was intended to be played by the developer.

Got it.

So someone who plays the game as designed is breaking your arbitrary set of guidelines for how you believe a game should be played.

Got it.

Oh, and btw...I have played many games that were self found. This is one of my favorites:

"
Nubatron wrote:
"

Now I believe I am getting it.

You describe trivializing content as using the content in the game (last I checked, trade window is in the games content).

There was a time we were playing POE without the trade window,you do remember that don't you ? At that time we were playing POE quite fine without one. =P

You call playing the game as designed as path of least resistance.

You describe the difficulty curve as being bypassed when playing the game as it was intended to be played by the developer.

Whether it's by design or not doesn't change what it is or does and how badly it's abused to trivialize the games content.Bypassing challenging content is still bypassing challenging content.

Like dodging content,being lifted and so forth,everyone does it,but it's still bypassing content. =P

Got it.

Great,fantastic,you've got it.Now that you understand that the game was originally intended to have a barter based economy,not a currency driven economy and not simply farming currency to buy progress like D3,we can now also assume that you now also understand how the current iteration of trade is a complete bypass of GGGs *hardcore* selling point,barter based economy and tough difficulty curve as advertized.

As a person who obviously enjoys trading,have you wondered how and why a game with such a heavily focused currency based economic system doesn't even supply adequate in game tools to deal with said Currency driven economic trade ?

You are aware that GGG didn't invent the *currency* system and that it was completely player designed and driven to bypass the original barter based system ?

You are also aware that all the third party index sites and forum gold/currency sites and RMT sites were also not part of GGGs trade system vision or game design right ?

So someone who plays the game as designed is breaking your arbitrary set of guidelines for how you believe a game should be played.

There's nothing arbitrary about it.Trivializing is trivializing whether by game design or not.How I believe an ARPG should be played is irrelevant,what is relevant is that the current iteration of the economy and trade is far from what was invisioned by the developers and it's telling by the lack of in game or official infrastructure to facilitate it.

Got it.

Oh, and btw...I have played many games that were self found. This is one of my favorites:

That game looks cute,is it a ARPG and if so,where can I get it. =P

Last edited by Temper on Apr 18, 2014, 9:03:52 PM
"
kasub wrote:
There is a lot of people who played for many 100s of hours and eventually moved on from PoE. Most of them simply leave while a small bunch like dragging everyone down with them. They spread negativity and never take notice to improvements.

Of course there is also lots of great criticism but that's a minority unfortunately.

But hey, let's all pretend that PoE does not suffer from great desync, that crafting is fun and without RNG random crap, that grinding is really worth the time, and that one-shotting super rogues are not really that bad. Oh, and while you're at it, you might as well also pretend that global warming in not real either.

I'm all for giving GGG praise when there is something to praise. I really love the Ambush League strongboxes and corrupt zones. They should definitely migrate to Standard League. Now, of the players who have played PoE any length of time (such as myself at 17 months and counting) and have severely cut back on playing time but still post, the reason I haven't just quit posting and walked away permanently is that I truly believe that PoE can be made into a great arpg (deflector shields at maximum to block incoming fire from the fan boys that believe PoE is already great). If Blizzard can learn from their failure and make a better version 2.0 of D3 and now the RoS 5th act, then so to can GGG learn from it's mistakes and make PoE great. The huge elephant in the room problem of desync I have written off as unfixable (as I suspect GGG has had to do) since it comes from the core of their custom game engine and at this late stage there is so much code on top of it that it's way beyond any hope of a fix (only GGG knows how mangled the server/client simulations are in their complexity and propensity to calculate differently from each other).

I certainly hope it doesn't take 2 years for us to get a better PoE as we've had to wait on D3 but maybe GGG is lean and mean and PoE v2.0 will come sooner or maybe the very small dev team will mean that PoE is this way forever and GGG will always say "and we like it that way" all the way to their grave.

Note: Just took a quick look here (http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All) and daily PoE players is down another 1792. Eventually it will level off with only a small loyal group of super hardcore players left. I hope that the crumbs they throw GGG is enough to survive on.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
There is a lot of people who played for many 100s of hours and eventually moved on from PoE. Most of them simply leave while a small bunch like dragging everyone down with them. They spread negativity and never take notice to improvements.

Of course there is also lots of great criticism but that's a minority unfortunately.

Note: Just took a quick look here (http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All) and daily PoE players is down another 1792. Eventually it will level off with only a small loyal group of super hardcore players left. I hope that the crumbs they throw GGG is enough to survive on.

You know what's scary about that is that of those handful of hardcore hangers-on, only a fraction of them will be sending GGG money.

I'm pretty sure I'm like most people posting here, I bored to tears with the game, but still have hope for the future.
"
You know what's scary about that is that of those handful of hardcore hangers-on, only a fraction of them will be sending GGG money.

I'm pretty sure I'm like most people posting here, I bored to tears with the game, but still have hope for the future.

I concur, unfortunately it took nearly 2 years for Blizzard to turn around D3 and they had to suffer major firestorm flame wars in their forums.

One has to wonder why GGG is turning it's back on the larger world of arpg gamers to cater to a very small select group of hardcore players. I concede that since it is their creation the GGG founders can do whatever they want and if that means super hardcore forever all the way to ruin because only a few thousands of players are left and eventually their microtransaction purchases will stop then that's their choice. But without new players coming in to keep the financial gears lubricated I would think that GGG should see the handwriting on the wall before it's too late.

New players are the lifeblood for GGG survivability and making the current leagues harder and harder every 4 months without any new leagues for the new players to cut their PoE teeth on to gain enough experience and just throwing them into the deep end to sink or swim is no way to increase the player base. Nothing directly wrong with steadily increasing difficulty for the hardcore players but then GGG must offer other new leagues that don't kill new players interest in PoE before they can even get started. You now GGG, like normal, hard, expert, master, torment I, err... oh-shit, that's the new D3 and RoS way to fine tune difficulty. Since PoE has no way for us to tune the difficulty factor (sink or swim deep end is all we get), Standard and Hardcore Leagues really don't count here, then more leagues of varying difficulty is the way GGG should go with PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info