Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

Nice
My constructive criticism,

I have been playing since launch and love the game. I started as SC played through once then got hooked on HC my true love. Due to dumb deaths (mostly my bad internet and rubber banding) I have recently switched back to SC. WHY?! I realized I have never risked doing maps past tier 8! Every time dying and rerolling just to die before I hit real juicy end game content. I have no problem with this, as dying makes me think and plan more efficiently. Although it usually came down to farming (Ledge, Sarn, Dock, Acqua, and Lakes over and over then getting a rush and out leveling content). I can finally put on my MTX and not worry about extra lag killing me.

This has been a problem for most HC games I have played, Diablo, D2lod, (D3 So crazy before they nerfed it) If the drop rate for HC League was increased would make quality of life and player retention so much better!

downside? But wait if the drop rate is improved for 1 league what’s to stop people from flooding standard SC with loot? Well who cares SC is mainly for new players and testing builds in-between leagues?

I foresee two things happening, I’ll make some uber strong toon in SC and finish all game content then get bored. Or I’ll go back to HC once again and never quite see the end of the game grinding and grinding over all playing it “safe and slow”

TlDNR: Improve retention among HC League players by offer an incentive over SC. Something like increased drop rate. Something to make playing HC more interesting/rewarding.
How bad arce would it be if loot in HC was turned up 2x.
GGG design philosophies are not known to many players. Especially new players. Would be nice if had those listed in one place? I think it would help clear a lot of misunderstanding.
"
Sidad wrote:
GGG design philosophies are not known to many players. Especially new players. Would be nice if had those listed in one place? I think it would help clear a lot of misunderstanding.

"GGG's design philosophies are not known to many players"

Have you ever seen this forum?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/dev-manifesto
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Feb 12, 2017, 6:33:38 PM
I feel that the Hideouts decorations are rather neglected. I was really enjoying Hideout of the week series, which is discontinued. Please, release some additions for hideout part of the game.
Would be great to see customizable buff/debuff panel. What i mean is you can drag/move/resize the icons of buffs/debuffs over the game screen, to make tracking of some buffs/debuffs easier without need to jump your eyes on the top.
"
AnvilSocks wrote:
My constructive criticism,

I have been playing since launch and love the game. I started as SC played through once then got hooked on HC my true love. Due to dumb deaths (mostly my bad internet and rubber banding) I have recently switched back to SC. WHY?! I realized I have never risked doing maps past tier 8! Every time dying and rerolling just to die before I hit real juicy end game content. I have no problem with this, as dying makes me think and plan more efficiently. Although it usually came down to farming (Ledge, Sarn, Dock, Acqua, and Lakes over and over then getting a rush and out leveling content). I can finally put on my MTX and not worry about extra lag killing me.

This has been a problem for most HC games I have played, Diablo, D2lod, (D3 So crazy before they nerfed it) If the drop rate for HC League was increased would make quality of life and player retention so much better!

downside? But wait if the drop rate is improved for 1 league what’s to stop people from flooding standard SC with loot? Well who cares SC is mainly for new players and testing builds in-between leagues?

I foresee two things happening, I’ll make some uber strong toon in SC and finish all game content then get bored. Or I’ll go back to HC once again and never quite see the end of the game grinding and grinding over all playing it “safe and slow”

TlDNR: Improve retention among HC League players by offer an incentive over SC. Something like increased drop rate. Something to make playing HC more interesting/rewarding.
How bad arce would it be if loot in HC was turned up 2x.

Highly doubtful that increasing drop rates in HC (or anywhere) would have any impact on player retention at all, especially considering that only very few people even make it to tier 8 maps to begin with. Higher drop rates would also contribute to the game getting stale more quickly.

HC is supposed to be optional, there is no need to give people an incentive to play it. If you enjoy HC, go and play it. If it is not for you, play SC, nothing wrong with that.
If you don't want to take it safe and slow, maybe HC isn't for you.
Chain needs to have its damage reduction reduced to be in line with other damage multipliers.

Movement skills all need to be brought into parity - i.e. utility of use and acting speed. Right now Whirling Blades is the de-facto movement ability because if its very brief cooldown time which acts at the end of the animation rather than beginning. Phase run, flame dash, and lightning warp are pretty crap because of their cooldown timers and cast time.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
The OP is a lie. That's why they banned people from the game for posting stuff on the forums. Yet they let the elitist troll everyone else. I find it 100% laughable that they think anyone would believe this.
About trading, is it 100% fine and intended to have 120 chaos+ for 1 ex? Are you ok with it GGG?

Maybe you start doing something? Right now this killing trading and make players leave faster then anything else.

Problem with bots also must be more important to you, not 5/10 but maybe 9/10.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info