Post a pic of your gaming desk!

you'll have Moon to answer to!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 30, 2014, 8:51:00 PM
I already have an upgrade itch, like I really need better than a pair of GTX 680 lightning editions (<sarcasm).

But those darn GTX 780 tis are too much, and GTX 770 reviews are dire, EVGA classy only OCing to around 1250-1280 in most reviews, while my 680 lightnings already run at 1260 / 7200, so they're quite on par.

I shall wait for 20 nm.

Oh and pro tip - Ebay makes upgrading easy, buy new, sell old.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 1, 2014, 2:33:09 AM
My GTX 650Ti Boost 2Gb is still chugging away nicely, def a 700 series upgrade in my future though. Gah I let you make me derail
Derail derail derail choo choo.

I had a 670. Then those 680 lightnings dropped in price like mad when the 770s were released, they were £100 less, so I grabbed two. Now I could still easily sell them for £200 each and get a pair of 4 Gb 770s for £300 each, since 2 Gb ones would be identical.

But there's no point because the difference when my 680s are clocked is nothing, though the Gainward phantom 4 Gb 770s look awesome too, but my 680s were the last Nvidia cards with voltage tweaking enabled.

I also found 2 Gb Asus 770s for £240 each, could easily get those now as the difference would only be £80, but the chip is identical to the 680, just faster ram.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Just wait. You're more than set for the time being. Its all just bragging rights at this point.
Normally I upgrade the GPUs every 10-12 months while my old ones are still worth something, but now the high end stuff costs way too much.

Its not about being set, its about still being able to sell what I have and minimal upgrade costs. If you wait 3 years at a time, then the cards you bought for so much are then worth nothing to sell, while annual upgrades can work out the same cost or less based on ebay luck.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 1, 2014, 2:48:58 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
Some pics of while I was building my current beast:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?36988-Air-Cooled-Gallery&p=5205096&viewfull=1#post5205096

Pics too big to post here, and cba to resize them all.

Have to copy paste the link for it to go to my post, url linking made it go to the the first page.

you cant be asked to resize, sadly, I cant be asked to cut copy paste your links.

K then, just scroll loads instead:

The image is posted on 30-08-2013, 10:41 PM at http://forums.hexus.net/chassis-mods/294093-bought-new-case-corsair-carbide-air-540-a-print.html by the user name Bhavv.

I know where you live lurk Bhavv.
I am awoo.
And how looks the GGG's desk ? ^^'
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
I don't know about their desks but this is what they keep in the closets

Spoiler
Last edited by TheWretch on May 6, 2014, 10:19:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info