Season Seven, Event 70: 1 Hour Exiles Everywhere

I've never played it before. too bad I had only 30 minutes remaining when I saw it on the forum. launched the game, made a ranger, mr blooddrinker took it down at the town's door.

then with 15 min or so remaining, I made a scion, pushed it to kill a couple of exiles, then mr blooddrinker again. only this time I took the way around, killed several mobs to reach level 3, then it was over. I couldn't budge (nor drink potions) and mr blooddrinker come at me with his multistrike ground slam ... luckily it didn't kill me.

here I am, 15 minutes in the race and 995th position.

I never thought this race would be so unforgiving.

I'll try to do more next time :)
Everytime I yank a jawbone from a skull, then ram it in an eyesocket, I know I'm buildin' a better future !
Carried by Goldrim, but have some info to help those out that don't have that kind of luck.

First of all, flameblast needs a nerf early on, obviously. But I never got hit by it until coves. It seems to be that the flameblaster just autotargets, and when you walk behind a wall, it will attempt to keep autotargeting, causing it to move instead of continue to charge on the same spot. Or whatever makes him move to set off the flameblast.

Secondly, shield+evasion is great.

Third, you want to kill a few exiles in Lower Submerged. Don't bother in coast or mud flats, get through that, make sure you're using a skill you can kite with - fire trap, spec throw, etc. Should be level 3 entering lower, preferrably level 4. You should be able to single out at the start. Sell those blues for transmutes then sell the transmutes for wisdoms to ID the shit you want.

Any of the attack based exiles should be fairly easy using evasion+shield.

If you have a bunch of wisdoms spare early on, use the vendor to buy some resistance or life gear. You should be able to get it on everything by level 5-6.

Fire resistance is the most important for obvious reasons, followed by cold. Don't need lightning much. You're not gonna fight Highdove or the Summoner because those explosions are nuts. Highdove is just annoying.

So did I get carried by Goldrim? Yes.

Could I do this without Goldrim? For sure.

But flameblast shouldn't be 2 stack 1 shotting in Coast, same with Searing Bond. I feel bad for the people with worse computers that have issues with the skeletons as well. Fix those issues and I think it's fine.

Anyways, look forward to the race on Monday to see if I can do it again..

Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Apr 13, 2014, 2:59:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info