[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

what's better: 8% Inreased Projectile Damage or 9% Increased Trap Damage?
All increased (note not more) damage that is applicable to a skill is additive. So you are actually asking, what's better 8% or 9%? Fairly obvious XD. Also the increased projectile damage will only help with PA (cloud included), it will not help with Desecrate or any other skill that is generally used with this build.
"
AgentKay wrote:
All increased (note not more) damage that is applicable to a skill is additive. So you are actually asking, what's better 8% or 9%? Fairly obvious XD. Also the increased projectile damage will only help with PA (cloud included), it will not help with Desecrate or any other skill that is generally used with this build.

Thank you :)
"
Tiaro wrote:
I am running an evasion version of this build with high level Arctic Armor on Rampage and it's working very well.

I am at a bit of a quandary over what to do with skills other than Poison Arrow (and the CODT and Aura Links). I am currently running the standard Desecrate 4 link along with a 2 link Searing Bond and while both give a tiny bit more DPS they could quite easily be dropped.

Things I have thought about trying:
Split Arrow with Blind / Life on Hit / Something else - Can spam this between throwing traps for extra defense/heals.
Increased Duration with Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste (maybe Vaal Summon Skeletons too for fodder?) - Vaal haste doesn't help us much but can help party members a lot, should have good uptime.
Searing Bond with Increased Burning Damage and Empower, can add Arctic Armor to this link - Decent damage with the DoT nodes we have, can kill totems, gives mobs something to hit.

Anyone have some other suggestions on what would work well?

I did the same thing by going all Evasion (w/ Ondar's Guile). I didn't activate AA yet (CWDT + Smoke Mine for Vagan or boxes work great). I feel the sixth gem that works the best for me is Increased Duration (no need more DPS w/ Slower Projectiles nor AoE w/ Enhance). I bought a +2 b/c it's far cheaper and it's ok as my Empower gem is leveled.

Main gear

I got almost +80 to Maximum Life on my other equipment and I will soon reach 4k w/o going in the scion's wheel.

I guess I won't reach the Olmec's Sanctum boss challenge with this character. For totem, my only strategy is to play with a friend :) but I will probably use a second set with a Searing Touch with Searing Bond + Remote Mine + Increased Burning Damage. You need to wait that your PA trap is triggered, so that you can switch to a second set but it should be ok.
I was thinking about trying this tree.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4HHgj0DkgPqxGWFSAWvxvgHvAfQSaVKaUqTSzpMbM1kjY9PV8_J0kTSVFKfUrITipOm1FMUlNTNVb6VytX2FuvYeJirGegakNrF2yMbRltbG6qdoJ3131bfyt_xoIeh3aJ4JANkx-VIJUul_SbtZ2qoqOsR7TRtfK3dbzqvYLAVMHzwzrIDMpK2L3Z4NsL3Q3fiuOE5ljpAvDV_MX-Cv6zj_rQ0FKvrUpn_N1fu00i4kfi0IGkOTB8jX0j9k2S-ehBh7c-CGeTOr0nGDwaj_ba-wkZii9v2RNwu-wY

Go with Flameblast + Searing Totem Scion/Witch until I get to the good bits. Scion looks harder but we do get Searing and Increased Burning Damage gems. When it comes down to it, I just don't care for the season of the Witch.
"
Darksunne wrote:
I was thinking about trying this tree.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4HHgj0DkgPqxGWFSAWvxvgHvAfQSaVKaUqTSzpMbM1kjY9PV8_J0kTSVFKfUrITipOm1FMUlNTNVb6VytX2FuvYeJirGegakNrF2yMbRltbG6qdoJ3131bfyt_xoIeh3aJ4JANkx-VIJUul_SbtZ2qoqOsR7TRtfK3dbzqvYLAVMHzwzrIDMpK2L3Z4NsL3Q3fiuOE5ljpAvDV_MX-Cv6zj_rQ0FKvrUpn_N1fu00i4kfi0IGkOTB8jX0j9k2S-ehBh7c-CGeTOr0nGDwaj_ba-wkZii9v2RNwu-wY

Go with Flameblast + Searing Totem Scion/Witch until I get to the good bits. Scion looks harder but we do get Searing and Increased Burning Damage gems. When it comes down to it, I just don't care for the season of the Witch.

IMO, it looks ok too. The path is a bit long vs my version (same mana regen with Coldhearted Calculation + Primal Spirit vs Shaper, more mana and EV boost for me, better life recovery from flask with you). I started from a witch and I also used Flameblast + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting and SB + Increased Burning Damage for leveling (great combo). Try not to play with PA before level 15 at the beginning of Act 3 Merciless.

Influence is not that useful. I got it first, then I respecced because the boost for Grace, Clarity (& Discipline before getting mana regen from gear) doesn't worth it. It's great for any offensive elemental auras. Nodes like Reflexes, Celerity or Sentinel are more important.

My last advice: Decoy Totem is the best gem with this build, it ensures survivability vs the ranged mobs and guidance of the melee ones in the middle of the cloud, so check for Strength on your equipment (only +80 on my tree, you'll need near that much on your equipment).

Good luck with the scion.
if two players use poison traps, does damage from their traps stack?
"
Snakorek wrote:

no

But i got a question myself. I recall Desecrate stacking with poison trap. is that the case? If not i might get splitArrow+Chain+CullingStrike+IIR instead.

Already got rid of DD. Desecrate is still there.
Last edited by zidkun on Sep 3, 2014, 10:13:33 AM
"
zidkun wrote:
"
Snakorek wrote:

no

But i got a question myself. I recall Desecrate stacking with poison trap. is that the case? If not i might get splitArrow+Chain+CullingStrike+IIR instead.

Already got rid of DD. Desecrate is still there.

Desecrate does stack with the pa-trap, but you can still go for a "culling strike"-setup.
i feel moderately confident that desecrate and PA stack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info