[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

I started as a Scion way back. Here's my planned tree for 1.2

110pt
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNFSB9WyLiLOmsR0fi3Q1RTNCBW6_8xcpKpDkY204qVvpnoMM6dPEppXfXh3abtYnghTJ_K0p92eBTNeZYMHyQDUYrTpsPq5MfjX0xs21sFr9JEyP2V9g2PeaBJpVNkhvg44Sdqsu9YeLnOg5IdoJirGyMVUse8BGWtNG3de4Vf8YHHsgMoqOVLsHz8NWCHpUgj_pJUdsLaxfQ0LzqUq_AVK1Ku01qQwj0Z_zdX20ZvYKX9FcrUlP-sz1f6QLfig==

87pt (current level)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNFSB9WyzprEfdDVFMW6_KSk4qwzoppZu1ieDZ4FM15lhGK06bD6uTH21sFr9JEzY9JpXjhJ2qYeIOSHaCYqxsjFVLHvARlrTRt3XuFX_GBx7IDKKjlS7B8_DVgh6VII_6SVHbC2sX0NC86lKvwFStSrtNakMI9Gf83V9tGb2Cl_RXK1JT_rM9X-kC34rmgcu9

Played a couple hours of this already. Before patch, level 68, I'd hit a wall without quality gems and my AoE and mana regen weren't good enough to reliably continue through imperial gardens and into SoG up to Dominus. Felt like I needed a 5L +3 gems bow with empower instead of the +2 4L bow I'd found at some point. Post patch with no real changes in gear, I now melt faces, even on chaos res mobs. Maybe it's just better prioritization of skill point allocations and the changes to skill mana costs, but I could afford to level up both clarity and AA without issue. Pretty sure a huge contributor was prioritizing reaching Blast Radius for the increased AoE.

Detonate dead feels useless now though. I was never really in love with it to begin with and now if feels like a waste on a 5L. Then again, I did finally find another Conc Effect. Maybe I'll give that a go with Spell Echo and use Multiple Traps with Desecrate. I feel like the Desecrate DoT is negligible to PA, so it shouldn't be much of a loss.
Ok, an update. Projectile damage works great for increasing the damage of the cloud through traps, so Sniper should be a node that everyone takes. 100% mana regen and 74% increased mana that the tree I posted has is just enough to support a level 20 AA. Sitting at about 250 mana regen, which is a loss compared to the previous patch but still enough.
"

110pt
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAACGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNFSB9WyLiLOmsR0fi3Q1RTNCBW6_8xcpKpDkY204qVvpnoMM6dPEppXfXh3abtYnghTJ_K0p92eBTNeZYMHyQDUYrTpsPq5MfjX0xs21sFr9JEyP2V9g2PeaBJpVNkhvg44Sdqsu9YeLnOg5IdoJirGyMVUse8BGWtNG3de4Vf8YHHsgMoqOVLsHz8NWCHpUgj_pJUdsLaxfQ0LzqUq_AVK1Ku01qQwj0Z_zdX20ZvYKX9FcrUlP-sz1f6QLfig==

Post patch with no real changes in gear, I now melt faces, even on chaos res mobs...

...Detonate dead feels useless now though.

I like how you opted to just reach Witch's starting mana regen node. :P
Here's some follow-up questions, since (as far as I noticed) you're the only other Scion who posted a tree.

How do you feel about lacking Clever Construction? I'm still debating as to whether I'd willing to give it up. I cringe at seeing my traps get popped before it has a chance to activate.

Have you considering giving up those 9% damage nodes for the projectile damage node, Sniper? It's supposed to affect the DoT cloud for PA, which is a net gain.

And what would you replace Desecrate and Detonate Dead with? I still like the Des + DD combo because I have a nagging urge to bust every totem I find, but hypothetically, I would think Fire Trap is the most obvious alternative, but can't quite find anything that is as reliable for non-DoT damage.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Aug 22, 2014, 3:26:21 PM
oops double post.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Aug 22, 2014, 3:26:11 PM
"
Ok, an update. Projectile damage works great for increasing the damage of the cloud through traps, so Sniper should be a node that everyone takes. 100% mana regen and 74% increased mana that the tree I posted has is just enough to support a level 20 AA. Sitting at about 250 mana regen, which is a loss compared to the previous patch but still enough.

Good to know.

Do you think Point Blank might work? That's really wishful thinking but if proj dmg effects the cloud... :D

P.S. I'm also happy to report it's completely safe to throw Trap + MultiTrap + Desecrate after Throwing Trap + Poison Arrow. The MultiTrap+Desecrate will not disarm\disable the Trap+PA.

P.S.S. Never mind about Point Blank: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/834380
Last edited by UltraCoward on Aug 23, 2014, 7:22:48 AM
Is this build still as strong as before?

Really enjoyed it last league, and im planning on trying it again.

"
DDantee wrote:
Is this build still as strong as before?

Really enjoyed it last league, and im planning on trying it again.

Working really well for me at lvl 58 clearing fellshrine in merc fast with trap+inc aoe+poison arrow in a silverbranch. Almost 1k dps on the cloud.

Does anyone know if concentrated effect still works it doesnt show on tooltip for poison arrow but does for fire trap...???
"
Does anyone know if concentrated effect still works it doesnt show on tooltip for poison arrow but does for fire trap...???

still works!
IG: MoshHC
"
"

110pt
Spoiler

Post patch with no real changes in gear, I now melt faces, even on chaos res mobs...

...Detonate dead feels useless now though.

How do you feel about lacking Clever Construction? I'm still debating as to whether I'd willing to give it up. I cringe at seeing my traps get popped before it has a chance to activate.

Have you considering giving up those 9% damage nodes for the projectile damage node, Sniper? It's supposed to affect the DoT cloud for PA, which is a net gain.

And what would you replace Desecrate and Detonate Dead with? I still like the Des + DD combo because I have a nagging urge to bust every totem I find, but hypothetically, I would think Fire Trap is the most obvious alternative, but can't quite find anything that is as reliable for non-DoT damage.

Lacking Clever Construction is only a minor annoyance. The high mana reg and lowered mana costs of skills means I can afford to throw out an extra trap or two here or there. Just place them such that they'll go off immediately. It's either that or sack Master Sapper and thereby the trap trigger radius node, which I'd rather have.

I didn't expect projectile damage nodes to increase cloud damage. I'm pretty sure that mechanic wasn't true pre-patch, so taking Sniper is worth investigating, and it makes testing Point Blank mightily intriguing.

Detonate Dead's damage suffered pretty hard for me, since the damage was largely based on corpse life I stopped leveling it at some point (mana issues maybe?). I think changing the gem setup by adding echo, and using Multiple Traps with Desecrate will be the way to go, rather than just sacking it.
Hello RaIZQT

I came from Taiwan and follow your bulid.
and i have some question to ask you.

1).why your quiver no consider rearguard?

2.)detonate dead / Conc effect <--is useful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info