[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

"
andkamen wrote:
What are your worries about sniper? That projectile damage wont buff PA?

Right now the tree that Snakorek posted seems to me to be better if he drops Herbalism and Master sapper and all that lower right part of the tree in favour of getting the sniper and the revenge of the hunted life, %evasion node cluster.

Evasion should go well with grace/IR and its close by to STR and INT nodes if you need them before improving your gear.
Could you please post updated skill tree for this? I cant seem to find sniper and revenge of the hunted life >.<
well I'll go with that for now

link
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhGWDkgHHuOEHvCVLjY9doK3de4V8NVtbJ2qtNGP-klR53S1SGKsbIzIDNDQ6NYGI1KvIuqbJh9BrUq7TZu1MgEDHmf83V_DOtngshkWv4ngykpGK06bz3omleZYb55RTGHrYeKTH_GzrEd6U1VLSRNLV31bwOMqTT8nFSBKyCLiLOluqkfi3Q218tCBW6_8xTWSpDkY204qZ6D-j9i9dPEppYd2TeP-CoUySn2mV_JFOuE=

I dont want master sapper because +1 trap means nothing for this build.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
well I'll go with that for now

link
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0Zl_QI9FJTwFQ9X2pDvOprF5UgwfOCHqKj2wt_xhGWDkgHHuOEHvCVLjY9doK3de4V8NVtbJ2qtNGP-klR53S1SGKsbIzIDNDQ6NYGI1KvIuqbJh9BrUq7TZu1MgEDHmf83V_DOtngshkWv4ngykpGK06bz3omleZYb55RTGHrYeKTH_GzrEd6U1VLSRNLV31bwOMqTT8nFSBKyCLiLOluqkfi3Q218tCBW6_8xTWSpDkY204qZ6D-j9i9dPEppYd2TeP-CoUySn2mV_JFOuE=

I dont want master sapper because +1 trap means nothing for this build.
Looks very solid, thank you.
"
Adam320 wrote:
With Tora, you can craft 20% trap damage on bows/quivers, if its both, then 40% trap damage woot woot.

If true hyperino!!
I compiled a couple of options for level 90 builds, one using revenge of the hunted wheel and one not. I used the template for the RotH tree based on the previous build posted, and made some slight pathing improvements and some changes. I have a feeling mana regen may be an issue, so I grabbed Shaper and Soul Siphon to boost that. I got rid of Quickness (5% MS) and a couple 9% damage nodes to compensate for those points, rather than losing some life nodes. If they do not turn out to be vital, we can add those points back into damage. If we need more regen, the Influence cluster would probably be a good idea for Clarity effectiveness. The RotH tree is slightly more defensive, the build I posted and others improved on previously is slightly more offensive. I'll post differences below:

My tree:

+20% life from flasks
+20% flask recovery speed
+43% increased trap damage

andkamen's RotH tree:

+10% increased life
42% increased evasion
+20 life on kill

I have a level 91 character geared and ready to throw some points on, I will update the mana situation when I have access to a computer with PoE on it :D

EDIT: If we get 20% trap damage on bow and quiver, then hyperino indeed :D:D:D
Last edited by theDeliveryMan on Aug 20, 2014, 8:17:03 PM
"
SambaBrazil wrote:
what aura you gonna run? grace + clarity and hope you got enough mana without discipline?

Grace + Clarity is the plan. Last patch we didn't need discipline to sustain a level 20 AA, just mana regen on all jewlery. This patch we lost some mana regen but gain more increased mana %.

EDIT: when I threw my gear into PoEBuilder with my tree, I got 249 mana regen/second, enough to sustain a level 20 AA (~230 mana drain while moving). Its about 15 less than I had last patch, but still sustainable. Shaper and Soul Siphon are indeed vital. I have an average of 55% increased mana regen on my rings and ammy.
Last edited by theDeliveryMan on Aug 20, 2014, 8:39:16 PM
So, now that we're on the flip-side of the patch, can anyone confirm that Projectile Damage does in fact raise the DoT cloud's damage?

I've decided to opt into Clever Construction because AoE bosses be damned for always destroying my traps, plus I've never been too heavily invested in the scariest depths of end-game. Personal enjoyment over pure efficiency. :p

So, all that's left is for the Projectile Damage to be ascertained.

----

Regarding andkamen's build that takes Revenge of the Hunted and forgoes Master Sapper, I see the appeal, but I feel the 12% physical damage buff is dominating the value of the node, which is a detriment to the cost, especially since Detonate Dead was converted to full-fire damage (which makes me sad regarding Blood Drinker too).

Herbalism seems like a stronger bet, given they buffs to Flasks. (And a preference of mine is to play to what the devs are encouraging - Timely flask-use over relying on raw tanking)

----

Lastly - Does anyone have any thoughts on Battle Rouse?

"3% of Damage Taken is Gained as Mana when hit"

That's effectively a 3% damage reduction when coupled with Mind Over Matter. I'd like opinions on whether or not it's worth the 4 SP.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Aug 20, 2014, 8:38:05 PM
Why have you taken down the scion build? This was my main character and I don't remember exactly where to go =[
"
So, now that we're on the flip-side of the patch, can anyone confirm that Projectile Damage does in fact raise the DoT cloud's damage?

I've decided to opt into Clever Construction because AoE bosses be damned for always destroying my traps, plus I've never been too heavily invested in the scariest depths of end-game. Personal enjoyment over pure efficiency. :p

So, all that's left is for the Projectile Damage to be ascertained.

Lastly - Does anyone have any thoughts on Battle Rouse?
"3% of Damage Taken is Gained as Mana when hit"

That's effectively a 3% damage reduction when coupled with Mind Over Matter. I'd like opinions on whether or not it's worth the 4 SP.

Projectile damage definitely increased the DoT damage before the patch, I just never got confirmation that it did through traps. I'm almost positive it does, just never was able to test it. I can get back to you on that. One small node on your tree you can change is dropping the +10 dex node exiting Clever Construction and instead pick up the +10 int node to connect to the Written in Blood wheel instead. I'm concerned about the mana regen with your tree, the Scion start isn't as strong, and testing your tree on PoEBuilder with my gear has mana regen sitting at 218.3. Taking 20% mana regen you are one node away from at Witch and Coldhearted Calculation (20% more mana regen) nets you at 246.6. If you were to finish taking mana, mana regen, and the ES node to Witch start, you would be at 273.7. Just some things to keep in mind.

I saw Battle Rouse when looking for effective mana nodes, and it is intriguing. I can't tell you how effective it actually is, but just looking at it, the number of points to get there and the mana you get doesn't seem efficient enough.
"
Spawnova wrote:
Why have you taken down the scion build? This was my main character and I don't remember exactly where to go =[

Yes - where did the previous Scion build skill tree go? I was going to re-spec my lev 82 Standard League to it... but it's gone - just Witch links now?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info