[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

"
nbacx wrote:
How you got +2 and +1 mod?!
Alt / Regal / Scour
Or
Chaos ?!

I tried alt regaling, did nothing. I tried chaos spamming. Did nothing. wasted 10 ex worth of currency :) I recommend just buying a +3. But who knows, you might get lucky ;D
IGN - RaizQT
"
shdwknght wrote:
Interesting build but its pretty freaking horrible to deal with fast mobs and half the mobs you find when leveling up.. im constantly getting charged and taking freaking tons of damage without being able to leech any life this is a really fragile build, you must have farmed fellshrine like crazy to get above the leveling curve

gotta be picky about the maps you choose too..

I could not disagree more im sorry. If youre having these issues youre doing something wrong. Fast mobs shouldnt be a problem EVER because you can face tank them completely if you build/play the character properly :) It is also the only character in the game (to my knowledge) that can do ANY map mod with ease.
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on May 26, 2014, 3:49:47 PM
"
RXXQ wrote:
Do you think this build can do Uber Atziri?

Doing regular atziri is all about simply not getting hit. So uber atziri should be the exact same :) Having done this on hc i can assure you this build can do uber atziri and i will probably attempt it this league.
IGN - RaizQT
"
Raiz2 wrote:
"
RXXQ wrote:
Do you think this build can do Uber Atziri?

Doing regular atziri is all about simply not getting hit. So uber atziri should be the exact same :) Having done this on hc i can assure you this build can do uber atziri and i will probably attempt it this league.

YESSSS, let's see you do it Raiz :DDD or no balls.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Leveled to 47 with Spectral Throw so the Poison Arrow gem would be level 12 (13 with Silverbranch.) Set up the 4L on Silverbranch PA/IncAoE/Conc/Trap. Set up Desecrate on Deerstalker Boots Desecrate/IncAoE/Conc. Set up DD/FirePen/Leech/IncAoE. Have all of the damage nodes except Master Sapper (two points away.)

The damage is not impressive at all. I had to dance around a Unique boss for four minutes throwing a trap down every time it went away, each trap rotation was only taking his health down 8-9%.

Is this normal, or am I missing something?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Just died to Chaska at level 67 with 3k2 Hp and 45% damage reduction but my mistake was no immortal call :(
But anyway the build is a blast to play and i've been using PA since level 44 with a 4L silverbranch and switched to a 5L +2 Bow at level 54 and the damage was totally fine with vulnerability.
Chaos resist mob at docks tend to resist a little but detonate dead solved this problem easily.
Going to remake one and this time i won't forget a CWDT with immortal call :D

"
Nick9090 wrote:
"
Does my character's IIR/IIQ work when my traps kill mobs trough the AOE dot?

I'm aware that a linked Item Rarity gem won't do anything for the AOE, but what about IIR from equipment?

GGG answer
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650913/page/25#p5681772
"
IIQ/IIR on gear have always worked with DoT. The gems will work with DoT in this patch(1.0.2), but this is unrelated to the changes to damage scaling - it's a completely separate change involving special handling for those supports that I put in to go through at the same time, not a consequence of the changes.

Thanks, I was searching information like this forever until I decided to ask. I'm still leveling my Enhance Gem, so does this mean I can utilize a 5l or even a 6l poison arrow trap for an IIR gem?

I'm asking because I read way back then that the IIR gem doesn't work with skills that you don't use directly to deal damage.
Hey RaizQT,
I tried your build and have another question;-)
at the momemnt i am lvl89 (ranger)
i experience big mana reg issue have not such high life and not very high mana.
i can not run arctic armour regarding my low mana reg. (with Clarity 110.8 mana reg)

My gear is not perfect cause base items are most evasion and not armour/ES.
I hope i can fix this soon. you might can help me with which item to start.

i think mana will increase alot, when i have armour/ES gear.
Resis are caped -> so here no problem.
i am wondering a bit why my life is so low and how to fix the mana reg issue.
armour is at 4643 -> is this enough!?

Would be cool, if you can help me a bit.
(btw. I bought the bow (6ex) like you recommeded and had insane fusing luck ;-)))

greetz nbac
(sorry for my bad english)

Gear:

IGN: nbac
Shop ID: 508240
#1 Life/ ES Belt Race Reward Design: 594591
#1 ES Chest | ilvl80 | 6x TT | 1037 ES: 830699
Last edited by nbacx on May 27, 2014, 6:38:30 AM
nbacx: It looks like Mana Geyser is your only mana regen node. It might be worth sacrificing a couple of nodes on the scion life wheel to grab "Shaper" (40% regen, 1% life regen). Your gear seems pretty good to me, apart from the lack of energy shield to fuel eldritch battery. What is your current mana / life?

I've been levelling my own poison trapper using Raiz's witch build. Switched to trapping at level 31 (when the trap became usable). Damage really took off with Vulnerability and an extra level or two on Poison Arrow. Around level 43 now. Normal mobs are just melting. Magic monsters die pretty quickly. Magic monsters seems to take a bit longer.

Biggest observation while levelling through the 30s... very glass cannon. No life leech, no life regen, no block, pretty poor defences. Felt like I was chugging health potions non-stop. Mana regen isn't high enough to sustain Arctic Armour, and I could only start using Grace (which helped a lot) when I picked up Mana Geyser.
"
Duskcaller wrote:
Spoiler
nbacx: It looks like Mana Geyser is your only mana regen node. It might be worth sacrificing a couple of nodes on the scion life wheel to grab "Shaper" (40% regen, 1% life regen). Your gear seems pretty good to me, apart from the lack of energy shield to fuel eldritch battery. What is your current mana / life?

I've been levelling my own poison trapper using Raiz's witch build. Switched to trapping at level 31 (when the trap became usable). Damage really took off with Vulnerability and an extra level or two on Poison Arrow. Around level 43 now. Normal mobs are just melting. Magic monsters die pretty quickly. Magic monsters seems to take a bit longer.

Biggest observation while levelling through the 30s... very glass cannon. No life leech, no life regen, no block, pretty poor defences. Felt like I was chugging health potions non-stop. Mana regen isn't high enough to sustain Arctic Armour, and I could only start using Grace (which helped a lot) when I picked up Mana Geyser.

My Life is about 6k
My Mana is about 1.3k
Mana Reg is about 110.8k

(maybe is should not level arctic armour more than lvl15/16, so that it not consumes so many mana per second)
IGN: nbac
Shop ID: 508240
#1 Life/ ES Belt Race Reward Design: 594591
#1 ES Chest | ilvl80 | 6x TT | 1037 ES: 830699
Last edited by nbacx on May 27, 2014, 6:34:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info