Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Hardcore Elitism has nothing to do with it.

GGG guys are Hardcore player and thus, invasion was designed arround their hardcore imaginations, what a real hardcore challenge is. This is the elitism and they had to pay it bitterly (dead league, invaders had to be tuned down 3times etc.)

don't mix elitisms please

in real game you would barely notice small amount of players playing
you would 6L anything by yourself by default and only buy it if you were super unlucky
you would craft upgrades by default

one can only dream...
Astarte911 you make absolutely no sense.

You're claiming that Magnus -45% fire resist is a gear check which requires you to overstack fire res, ok you don't like it because it could oneshot (unskilled, unprepared and clumsy) players

When i point out that elemental weakness map mod does the exact same (-40%) you say it's not the same thing, are you even serious? elemental weakness is a gear check like his flammability curse, no wait not even like it, it's worst, since anticurse flasks doesnt work with it. It requires you to overstack not one, but all 3 resists to stand a chance to survive against high elemental damage mobs like shock and horror or Piety.

With an elemental weakness map you're risking the oneshot not only against a rare spawning exile, but against hypotetical high elemental damage mobs, rare and boss monsters. And you can't to nothing but overstacking resists to counter it. So elemental weakness is a worst gear check than Magnus flammability, you can't argue with that

This said, it's a player's fault if they get instakilled by him. As soon as you see a flammability curse on your head you should wake up and start preparing yourself for the fight. If a player it's not fast enough, then he deserves to die

Last edited by Mahesys on May 26, 2014, 9:06:33 AM
"
You're claiming that Magnus -45% fire resist is a gear check which requires you to overstack fire res, ok you don't like it because it could oneshot (unskilled, unprepared and clumsy) players

I guess no one can help you, at least you got the first part right.

If you think, you will never desync, allways have best connections and that you allways can kite him to the long way to lv100, then you are naiv.

"
Mahesys wrote:
Astarte911 you make absolutely no sense.

Yes, its simple, no one was talking about elemental weakness maps.

"
Mahesys wrote:

When i point out that elemental weakness map mod does the exact same (-40%) you say it's not the same thing, are you even serious? elemental weakness is a gear check like his flammability curse, no wait not even like it, it's worst, since anticurse flasks doesnt work with it. It requires you to overstack not one, but all 3 resists to stand a chance to survive against high elemental damage mobs like shock and horror or Piety.

Please quote me saying "its not the same". My words were:

"
You are aware of the fact that he is using Flammability, right ? It doesn't have to do anything with Ele Weaknes map.

Because im aware of the fact, that it does the same.

"
With an elemental weakness map you're risking the oneshot not only against a rare spawning exile, but against hypotetical high elemental damage mobs, rare and boss monsters. And you can't to nothing but overstacking resists to counter it. So elemental weakness is a worst gear check than Magnus flammability, you can't argue with that

I dont and never did.

"
This said, it's a player's fault if they get instakilled by him. As soon as you see a flammability curse on your head you should wake up and start preparing yourself for the fight. If a player it's not fast enough, then he deserves to die

No. Its prooven with the dead invasion league that one-shot mechanics can not be in PoE; they are not even acceptable for most of the "real" hardcore grinders.

Ah, btw, link us a video were you fighting him with your imba skills on a -max map and 74+. Thank you, sir.

Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on May 26, 2014, 9:33:20 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"

I guess no one can help you, at least you got the first part right.

If you think, you will never desync, allways have best connections and that you allways can kite him to the long way to lv100, then you are naiv.

We're going in another part of the game. Desync and lag affect all your gameplay experience, not only flameblasts. If we put it under this light than Vaal Smash should be nerfed because you can lag or desync with him too. same applies to touch of god ecc. ecc. don't throw in technical issues, they don't belong in this discussion

And i really don't know where and when you played invasion, but it's far from dead. At least @9:00 PM i see global and trade chats (up to TC 3) pretty full and active. Now it's probably less played because in 14 it will end. Last 2 months it was way far from dead

honestly i don't even know how to make videos or programs used (fraps? dunno), and finding this exile in high map with -max or extra damage is really hard and costly. I'll try finding him when new PC arrives in 2-3 days the most and post video here if connection resists. But shouldn't you know how to deal with him as melee? you need a video from me? do i have to share my uber-l33t tactics to take down this perfectly doable boss?
"
We're going in another part of the game. Desync and lag affect all your gameplay experience, not only flameblasts. If we put it under this light than Vaal Smash should be nerfed because you can lag or desync with him too. same applies to touch of god ecc. ecc. don't throw in technical issues, they don't belong in this discussion

Of course they do man. If we wouldn't have desync issue, i personally would be fine with his damage. All other forms of desync are fine, but not in case of 1 shot mechanics. Also, Vaal is allways a free choice, while this Exile can spawn everywhere; even if you want to skip him it costs you so much time

"
And i really don't know where and when you played invasion, but it's far from dead. At least @9:00 PM i see global and trade chats (up to TC 3) pretty full and active. Now it's probably less played because in 14 it will end. Last 2 months it was way far from dead

You are a white knight, i see :)
If i compare my item progression this league with Onslaught/Nemesis then clearly invasion is dead compared to these (I had a six link top rolled Glorius after 1,5 Month in Nemesis).
And we didnt had xyz.is at some point. So im running arround with this junk:

Like i said, i had to 6Link (and roll it!) an item first time by mysyself. Wasn't even needed in OB. It's so annoying, that i cannot even be happy about an exhalt drop, because i cannot save my currency for upgrades, since there are none available.

"
honestly i don't even know how to make videos or programs used (fraps? dunno), and finding this exile in high map with -max or extra damage is really hard and costly. I'll try finding him when new PC arrives in 2-3 days the most and post video here if connection resists. But shouldn't you know how to deal with him as melee? you need a video from me? do i have to share my uber-l33t tactics to take down this perfectly doable boss?

I stated that i did kill him allready several times. I told you, we are not the reference frame GGG should use to make their monsters. I can handle him, he wont kill me. But there are tons of player that have problems with this mob and are paying customers as well. And honestly, i can understand these players.

Thus, there is a downtuning necessary.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on May 26, 2014, 11:44:58 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
But there are tons of player that have problems with this mob and are paying customers as well. And honestly, i can understand these players.

I actually enjoy getting killed (if I deserve it).

The last thing I want in a game like this is if I never have to skip content, never have to run away, dodge and hide, if I'm always superior and have all the answers all the time.
What a boring game would that be?

Magnus is great.

1. You see a Flammability Curse.
"Is this a fire Necromancer? Hmmm... There hasn't been any on this map..."

2. Then you see a Flameblast quickly expanding.
"Oh Shiiiiit!" *jump* *whirlblade* *quicksilver*

3. Then you make a decision:
a) I can fight him with my current gears.
-> I pass the gear check.
b) I have to tp out and get a fire pot and a remove curse pot and a purity of fire gem.
-> I adapt to pass the gear check.
c) I circle around him and ignore him, clear the rest of the map.
-> I'm not interested in any gear check and don't want the challenge.
d) I do neither of this, I'm super elite, I dodge his stuff and beat him to death.
-> Skill is greater than gear checks.

If you're doing it right, all four of these options are perfectly viable.
If not, you're probably going to pay the price.

I think that's cool. More of this please.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I was lucky and only encountered him (I think it was a him) on the cruel difficulty.
Didn't even know who he was, until I was dead.

Seems like he is suited to multi-party group with some ranged attackers, than a solo player.

Had to use hit and run tactics to even survive. Staying where he could 'see' me meant I would loose half my HP or more (2.3k at the time). Didn't find him impossible to kill but of course it was only cruel. Died 7 times in a row which was odd as I had only died once before due to my own fault. (Was at level 54 at the time)

Personally if I see him appear in merciless I will run away (unless he one shots me first).

Mind you I think it was a nice addition to my night, I understand how other people could be frustrated with him appearing. Personally I liked that fact that some bad-arsed dude can appear at random times and mix it up !

You don't have to kill everything you find, and just like real life there will always somethings you just can't do. Look no one likes to loose but having said that winning all the time is also boring.

I look forward to when I get my current hero up to 70+ and encounter him. I know I will die but at least it will be a challenge. Of course there is always the option to run away.

Kind of reminds me of Monty Python's Holy Grail and the killer rabbit !
I just don't like this PoE random one hit mechanics. This exile isn't too hard to kill when you know that you will encounter him (killed him easily last night). But, in 6ppl pt with many mobs around and lots of lag/desync you can't really notice his curse or him at all and than resurrect...
That's exactly why I stopped playing invasion (in fact its 94% due to desynch) but I never skip content and always come back until il kill everything.

I saw that exiled in vaal corrupted area have to die twice to undergand whats killed me..he was hidden in a pack of monster.
He is also a pain when you get oneshot in the mud flat (merc)

One good thing would bea change in the ambiant game sound or music when nearing a exiled...that would be cool and add a touch of epic.. and then a little jingle or sfx when you kill it (it, nog him.. rogue doesnt deserve the title of people)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info