New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

Whenever I get killed by a rogue exile it was pretty much my own mistake. Apart from this one. Got killed by an invisible flameblast with 80% fire res.
"
zhirek wrote:
Whenever I get killed by a rogue exile it was pretty much my own mistake. Apart from this one. Got killed by an invisible flameblast with 80% fire res.

Magnus bought the invisible flameblast MTX for about 300$ np
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Icelane wrote:
He just killed my 89 ranger on beyond with an offscreen flameblast where I didnt even notice the flameblast untill I was dead

75% fire res
5080 hp (100%-0 in 0.1 sec)

is this for real? I can solo everything but an exile in a map without mods oneshots me? rip

I am really sorry man. Great looking gear set though. Standard, I hope you enjoy that bow.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Oct 11, 2014, 10:00:49 AM
I've also been caught out by this guy a couple of times after copping the full blast.

Both times I thought it was a Warlord's Mark curse, (until too late), because he wasn't on the screen.

I think changing the graphic for Warlord's Mark or making Flameblast more easily identifiable would help.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
How about making it so he can't cast on you from off screen or just shorten his max stacks by half, something.

He should be tri-totem based.

That way he does 50% less dps and 30% reduced cast speed.

you can kill the totems to make the flameblast proq and they also grow a lot slower.

And he would have a lot of searing bond action and be mobile.

Nothing but upsides.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Met him two days before in docks with my lvl66 cold caster. I tried to use a Skeleton Totem to distract and approach him, got scorched by his Righteous Fire :( Later I used off-screened Ice Spear to take him down.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
My level 85 Bor woe Duelist (73% Spell block) Just RIP'd to him today (beyond)
Level 77 shrine map.
Cleared this map plenty of times including piety, was on another standard run through, Rare lockbox, ID'd it guarded by +1 rogue exile, no other "danger" mod, sure np. Check all my pots are up.
Open lockbox, seering totem immediately at my feet and a flameblast IMMEDIATELY channeling under me, as soon as I seen the graphic I Leapslam south, on my screen I'm outside of the AOE.
RIP midair of the leapslam 1shot 5120hp 79% fire 73% spellblock.
No +damage map mods

Hardcore leagues are a huge aspect of the game, this is not a blanaced exile, for those arguing it is need an ego check.
Not every char made can stack 85% + fire res
Not every char is a ranged character
Not every exile encountered is on a map, sometimes they are spawned onto you

any other exile spawn out of that box I would literally not bat an eylid at, the character was solid.

And his flameblast does charge extremely fast, any latency issues or desync and you got a real problem. Not to mention invisible rain.
"
Goguser wrote:
13 pages of "qq i died to magnus pls nerf"

It's still a valid feedback.

Besides, "qq, I died to Magnus while being more than reasonably protected against his damage type and unable to do much about it, pls nerf", sums it up better.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Apparently, devs do too, he's still at large.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info