New rogue exile MAGNUS STONETHORN

Imo its fine, you shouldn't facetank everything, invest one gem slot for leap slam... oooh desync, well deaden
Last edited by Goguser on Apr 10, 2014, 5:24:00 AM
Ran into this guy on Exiles Everywhere. Killed about 7 or so Exiles on the Coast so I had pretty good gear, around 30% fire resistance, wandering into the Mud Flats. I took exactly one Flameblast hit. I died.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Ran into this guy on Exiles Everywhere. Killed about 7 or so Exiles on the Coast so I had pretty good gear, around 30% fire resistance, wandering into the Mud Flats. I took exactly one Flameblast hit. I died.

You forgot to add "i want more GGG" at the end of your sentence?. . .
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ambush can at least temporarily feel Invasion pain!
"
Boem wrote:
"
No. I like a tough fight. Actually, "love" is the more appropriate word. But it wasn't a tough fight. It was a massacre.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
No. I like a tough fight. Actually, "love" is the more appropriate word. But it wasn't a tough fight. It was a massacre.

Tough and massacre are dependent on acquired loot + build.

How is one suppose to change massacre to tough when you are unable to leave town to loot new gear or get rekt?

I see you constantly saying stuff when it comes to these new patches like

"yes my build can handle it fine, it was a rough fight but its certainly possible"

I am always left wondering if that character is already geared sufficiently to tackle content and is still getting wrecked?

Just saying, that fight on normal mud flats gave you an idea of how a fight would look like for somebody entering act 3 mercilles city of sarn and encountering an exile.

Balance is out of whack yo!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"

I think this is the issue currently plaguing balance, GGG also loves tough fights. Wants them to be tough all the time.

Your encounter in the mud flats would've been a tough fight if you'd managed to get 50% fire resistance or more. Would've probably been a good challenge that way.

Likewise for everything else in the game. Everything is a tough but manageable fight to a certain specific build. I mean sure, others get massacred but that's the only way to ensure the fight remains tough or worse for everyone.

I think maybe people need to accept that fights being easy sometimes isn't actually a bad thing as long as it doesn't happen all the time.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
I think this is the issue currently plaguing balance, GGG also loves tough fights. Wants them to be tough all the time.

Your encounter in the mud flats would've been a tough fight if you'd managed to get 50% fire resistance or more. Would've probably been a good challenge that way.

Likewise for everything else in the game. Everything is a tough but manageable fight to a certain specific build. I mean sure, others get massacred but that's the only way to ensure the fight remains tough or worse for everyone.

I think maybe people need to accept that fights being easy sometimes isn't actually a bad thing as long as it doesn't happen all the time.

I consider it to be a Russian roulette.

Atm all fights seems to be balanced around 75 resist and more. What does this mean in reality for players?

You play Russian roulette in every instance you go before that minimum of 75% resist is acquired.(and even that 75% is barely enough for certain fights and conditions)

And Russian roulette doesn't look like a fun game to me to play in ones leisure time.

GGG should realize that tank builds are just that "tanks" and that there game on hardcore actively provokes players to create tank builds. However when you start balancing the game around killing these tank builds, everybody else gets a middle finger and shit hit's the fang.
Just wear a ruby flask and you will survive unless you play a glasscannon build, my 86 Scion with 82% fire resistance (92% with ruby) could tank the flameblast in Invasion.
Also, it's ridiculosly easy to avoid it unless he is hasted.

Personally I like this exile.
"
jeppesu wrote:
Just wear a ruby flask and you will survive unless you play a glasscannon build, my 86 Scion with 82% fire resistance (92% with ruby) could tank the flameblast in Invasion.
Also, it's ridiculosly easy to avoid it unless he is hasted.

Personally I like this exile.

See! Perfectly balanced.

As long as you have 7% increased maximum resistances and a ruby flask ready it'll provide a tough but challenging fight.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info