[Official] Kripp Wand Templar

"
leon1987 wrote:
would some of u guys mind to put up a solo skill tree for those, who dont play in party that often? wondering how u invest the at least 4 more skillpoints!

If you dont plan on getting conduit, i would personally get something like:
- if you need more life: the int node, then the 3 life nodes situated between throatseeker and nimbleness (between shadow and witch)
- if you need more damage: the shadow area for more crit chance nodes, projectile damage or elemental damage nodes which ever gives you higher dps at full charges.
- if you dont have much str/dex on gear i dare say you will need some points invested into Might/Agility nodes to lvl the gems all the way to lvl 20.

You would only consider this at high levels once you've gotten all the base nodes of the build covered.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Apr 17, 2013, 7:11:37 AM
Spoiler
"
carbonfiber wrote:
PoE17, thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts on those issues, I'm sure a lot other wanders out there would appreciate it as much as I do.

I solo 99% of the time since for god knows why most of my friends are still playing that blizz game (-.-), currently lvl 83 in SC and have been doing maps up to lvl 73 for quite some time (haven't gotten anything above 73). I have to say from personal experience by going more offensive in the build/gear I tend to do better.

You are absolutely right that it's not entirely the map lvl but certain map mods and monster types that are the most critical. The main reason I brought up map lvl is that the same monster type that you have trouble with in a higher lvl map would hit much harder compared to a lower lvl map.

I quite like your idea of going hybrid armor to get enough mana regen to run arctic armor to compensate for physical dmg reduction, I currently have just over 200 mana/sec so not quite sure if I can comfortably support it or not.

As to why crit chance is so important for this build, I think since it modifies the local crit chance of our weapon which is the base crit chance all of other crit chance modifiers on our gears and passives will modify, you really cannot just look at it as is, that's probably also why your wand gave you a huge boost to dps.

@carbonfiber - man you read all that lol, didn't think you would. - alot of below is about arctic armour so dont read if you're not interseted in arctic armour for wanders.

It is sad to hear your friends still haven't seen the light in PoE and fallen to the deep dark doom of D3. And also unfortunately finding ppl who won't steal your loot in mapping and finding someone who you can trust to chain high lvl maps with can be a bit difficult with this community at times. I personally only have 1 other templar buddy who i chain 70+ maps with that i trust. Also i hear you, i want MOAAARRR dps !!! :P

The only boss that kind of destroys me in maps is Piety, omg man she hurts with that lightning. If i'm decently lvled i dont bother with her, just draw and kill her ads, if i just lvled though i give her a fair crack. Some other bosses with certain mods are also bad idea, such as underground sea with twin boss mod, OMG bro so many sparks and you get shock stacked pretty easy.

Running arctic armour and lvling it depends on a few things, and you don't have to lvl it all the way for it to be good. The gem is quite damn good even if you don't have the gear to support lvling it all the way. I presonally run it at lvl 16/17, i can go higher but i sometimes chain lvl 70+ maps with a templar buddy who hits not very hard so with me lvl 16 is quite the optimum lvl for me gear as i sometimes notice a strain on mana with pack size mod maps at lvl17 artic armour mapping with him (me numbers are 4.5k mana, 3.4k reserved, 1.1k un-reserved) - 250 regen), some things to take into consideration which affects how far you can level artic armour:

- Your AoE cost, which will vary depending if you've got 6 links or not and if you're using additional accuracy, increased crit, faster attacks etc as they have different multipliers.
- Your Attacks per second on AoE (as this effects the actual amount drained per second while spamming)
- Your mana regen
- Your unreserved mana pool as this is what you have to play with to use ur attacks, ur curses and running the mana degen caused by arctic armour.
- Your damage (it does play a part for wanders because the AoE cost is high, part of the reason i can lvl it pretty high is i can kill packs fast and regen my mana between packs)

All those are important to determine whether you want to run arctic armour or not, but its fairly obvious if you have very low unreserved mana pool and mana regen compared to your mana costs per seconed from the skills used, probably not a good idea to try to support arctic armour. But if it's decent and you can spam your AoE quite a bit before it drains your mana, you just need to find your sweet spot (as in optimised arctic armour level) so you can run it all the time comfortably. But try to lvl it as high as you can as the damage reduction is really nice, otherwise just scour back a level until you find the right spot for you.

And obviously do not use on half regen maps.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Apr 17, 2013, 7:14:29 AM
Got my wander some decent gear. Only issue I have right now is 73% chance to hit. Is that normal?
"
Areys wrote:
Got my wander some decent gear. Only issue I have right now is 73% chance to hit. Is that normal?

Yes. I have like 68 or 69 and I don't see that as a problem. Of course, the higher - the better, but anything above 65% is not an "issue".
"
d3s0 wrote:
"
Areys wrote:

Yes. I have like 68 or 69 and I don't see that as a problem. Of course, the higher - the better, but anything above 65% is not an "issue".

Thanks, makes me feel better. I guess since we are the subject of what stats I should be aiming for. I currently have 1500 aoe dps when I have 4 stacks of Power Charge (in 2 more levels will have 6 max). is 1500 aoe dps / 5000ish single target dps enough to start doing maps?
"
Areys wrote:
"
d3s0 wrote:
"
Areys wrote:

Thanks, makes me feel better. I guess since we are the subject of what stats I should be aiming for. I currently have 1500 aoe dps when I have 4 stacks of Power Charge (in 2 more levels will have 6 max). is 1500 aoe dps / 5000ish single target dps enough to start doing maps?

Why only 6 charges? U missed bandit reward in merciless or...?
"
d3s0 wrote:

Why only 6 charges? U missed bandit reward in merciless or...?

Current level 64. Cant reach the Shadow passive charge for a little while. I will have 7 when I level up some more.

Also to update, AOE DPS is now 1600 using 5Link: Power Siphon + LMP + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leach.

is 1600 DPS a decent ammount to attempt level 66 maps?
Of course it is. I am doing 66 maps with just 1000 AOE DPS (lvl 4 GMP). Using a lot skeletons totem and i am careful, but it is going okay.

Just re-roll some dangerous affixes you might not survive.
Last edited by iqmaster158 on Apr 18, 2013, 3:55:30 PM
Quitting my Wander. 6l Astral, lots of 20% and stuff, feel free to take a look!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342941/page/1/3005637
Cya Guys!
IGN: BoffisBock MyShop (SC): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/307990
IGN: ThisTimeSerious MyShop (HC): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/388310
IGN: RedLipsBigBoobs (ONS): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/415014
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0CcQSzBVsHYwj0DH0QfxRNFLAXUBmFGjgc3B0UJDwkqiepJ-0yiTbpO-FG10lRTC1VxlcrV-JZ81ptXcZfKmBtZp5nvWvbbRlzU3RVd-V4unkDfM5-WX_Ggh6DOIt6i4yPRpBVkyeboZ2An3uiAKKjpwinK6dcp4SsmKyquJPAGsBUwfPGns9l0NDa3dsL3fPhc-L342rr5Ow47SDub_Pd99f60g==

Youll notice i run extra mana, elemental adaptation, & extra mana regen for arctic armor.
In order to achieve these extras i cut back on crit(thus damage) and +ES(aside from witch nodes you pretty much have to traverse). I intend to get crit nodes from this point onwards, but +ES seems less useful as 300+ int already gives 60%+.
I also always have 7 minions out (using bones), with a blinding skeletotem for rough spots. 7 auras makes minions absolute fierce. Im surprised kripp has yet to see the light of minions.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info