Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

"
EnerJ wrote:
"
MiasmicDoctor wrote:
Right, I worked on the build, used all points, and got enough intel to get all gems in build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4DHgW1BfkGIwceCIkOSA-rEZYUdRa_GNsfQSF2Iuoj9iT9JT8mlSzpMHEwfDH6MgEylDY9OdQ53TpCQsND50lRSn1LeE2SUUdR2VM1VUtW-luvXWhd8mHiYetirGSdZ6BqQ2sXbIxv8nBScNVxoXb3d9d6U311fwJ_K3_Ghs6HdonTjAuMNo19jb-PT4_6lQWVIJUulwaa8Zsmm7WdqqCfoqOi2abgq9KwkrDYsTCyGbUIuXy747zqwFTBM8HzwuzEosqpz3rTftQj1orZxtqN3Q3dqN-E44TksedU6Nbr9eyw8NXyHfzF_rr_k__e

Do as you wish with it.

That skill tree makes no sense for this build, that's a crit/phys bow build, not a CoC/elemental/spell build. Also if you use all points you should probably pick up that power charge. Not to mention the points simply wasted (East of Shadow and next to Point blank).

Again, for newer players, this build needs absolutely ZERO physical damage, the bow attacks are simply there to trigger the linked spells which then do all the damage. All we need from the tree is Life, Evasion, Lots of crit chance, crit multipliers, attack speed, possibly Mana generation.

Righty ho, how's this?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUHHgqbDkgRgRGWE54WvxzcI_Yk_SoLMHEwfDH6Nj051DpCRA1FfEZxSVFKfUt4TZJRR1HZVvpd8l5FYqxjp2SdZ6BsjG-eb_JwUnDVcbB293cHd9d4634zfyt_xoMJhxOHdonTjAuMNo19jb-P-pAKkvOTJ5Uul5ecpJ2qoJ-i2aR4pJGnNKiiqviwkrDYtAy0OLTFuXy5k8CcwdXB2MLswwnI8NN-1CPWit0N3UbdqN7444TlGecK51Tr9eyw73rw1fId8-r66_v1_MX_k__e

I've tried to be as conservative as possible while still making it a potent char.
Last edited by MiasmicDoctor on Sep 1, 2014, 2:37:07 PM
Can someone update skill tree, please?
{Deleted}
Last edited by MiasmicDoctor on Sep 1, 2014, 2:34:58 PM
"
EnerJ wrote:
Hey guys, I've been using this build for a couple months now, it's been a ton of fun pre-patch and honestly i was a bit worried about the new tree. I've played with this tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXz79ZeXjDblGbQ4YeJVSxa_JpUfQQMe34QC_l3yQsNwUonTcNUGIw-rbWzndOjW6xQFtTpCS3jdqDBx1CPWin8rMHxRR42__94k_edUOdR31zH6dvegn90N_MVW-pAKwTOGziF2W6853UPn5LEY25smBfmXBsSiAdGiQPT4oSL-urvj0359dWJaJJ0ILu2DGY4AXpuNTZIj9o19Sn2HdmegykrDOpu1UzXA40tX8bNvnncHhxOcpIMJuXyMC-ywNj1sjJ2qYqxv8rDYelNh6896shkyAc3q
a bit now and i personally think the build has gotten stronger with the new patch.

1. I've lost about 500 life, but with life on hit and life on kill I've gained quite a bit more survivability.
2. Mana on hit + Mana on kill are now enough to spam both Split/lmp/Powerchargeoncrit/fasterattacks and the CoC setup infinitly, as long as you are hitting something.
It also enables me to run Grace + Any of the purity Auras + Herald of Ice (great synergy with the crazy speed you are spitting projectiles out and the amount of freezing you do with this build) with 57 mana left, which for now seems to be enough.
3. There's so many crit nodes on the tree that I'm currently only going for 4 power charges, I don't know if it would be more effective to pick up the fifth and spec out of some crit nodes. Also the higher base crit chance is great for building up power charges more quickly.
On a side note, the knockback on crit needs a bit of getting used to and might not suit everyone, it makes it harder to shotgun tanky mobs, but helps keeping melees away from you.

The CoC nerf is certainly noticeable, but since the individual spells do more damage now I don't think the overall damage went down.

Hope this helped a bit with getting into the new patch, and hoping for more experienced players to give me some ideas for improvement etc.!

Thanks for updated skill tree.
Could you post your gear/gem setup please?

My current setup:

I know that I need to improve my ring/amulet/quiver.
It's going great so far but I'm having problems culling rare monsters because they die too fast. Any advice on that?
I'm using the following gear:

It's far from perfect, but it works, I have 4.1k life and I'm overcapped on resists, so even with elemental weakness i have capped resists. The CWDT/IC setup is not all that great, but it prevents you getting two-shotted and gives you time to pop flasks.
IGN: BenTheBuilder
SPACE,

can update your skill tree please!
"
EnerJ wrote:

It's far from perfect, but it works, I have 4.1k life and I'm overcapped on resists, so even with elemental weakness i have capped resists. The CWDT/IC setup is not all that great, but it prevents you getting two-shotted and gives you time to pop flasks.

Your build doesn't have enough int to run some of the spells also SWDT and IC is pointless if you can't 20/20 it
Last edited by MiasmicDoctor on Sep 2, 2014, 2:23:50 PM
Hey guys thanks for the great discussion going on in this thread, im really glad to see people still enjoying the core of my build even if it has changed for 1.2. I updated the main post with EnerJ's tree, since it most closely resembles the 1.1 tree.

Ultimately I think 1.2 is about break even in terms of nerf/buff to COC. The 20% chance to proc nerf sucks, but the tree can now be more optimized to account for that. Obviously you guys are still having a blast playing the build, which is what its all about!

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to the thread, couldn't do it without you guys.

I am not playing the build anymore - I'm doing a very effective Ice Spear Crit build in Rampage (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1033558) if anyone is curious. I'll still be checking in on the thread though.
"
MiasmicDoctor wrote:
"
EnerJ wrote:

Your build doesn't have enough int to run some of the spells also SWDT and IC is pointless if you can't 20/20 it

I made some small adjustments to the tree to get the Int needed, and as i said, the SWDT-setup helps not getting twoshotted, not much else.

In total I've made three minor adjustments to the tree, I think, currently I'm using this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4B0QL-Ax4FtQX5CC4Pqxa_GNsZihmOH0EhdiP2JJ0k_SaVKgstgzBxMHwyATY9OdQ53TpCQsND50V8Sn1LV0t4TZJRR1M1VUtW-luvXfJh4mHrYlpirGegbIxtbG-eb_JwUnDVdwd313pTfXV_K4MJhs6HE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5AKlwaXl5smm42btZyknaqgn6EiokCv67IZtDi5fLvjwOPBM8M6xKLKSs3qz3rTftQj1ordDd2o34TkseUZ51To1usU7LDtg_Gz8-r0-Pv1_MX-uv_e

Also, thank you Space for pointing out my tree in particular! Was fun translating your ideas to the new tree.
IGN: BenTheBuilder
Last edited by EnerJ on Sep 2, 2014, 4:54:49 PM
I'm really interested in trying this build, but I'm worried that I'll never be able to get my hands on a windripper. How effective is the build without it? Would a ST CoC build be a better budget option?

Also, how have people leveled this build? Something simple like lightning arrow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info