Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

individual spells do more dmg? arctic breath and arc were nerfed
from the tree i got a total of 165% dmg increase, pre-patch i had 110%. I don't know the exact numbers of how much dmg they do though.
IGN: BenTheBuilder
Can anyone please post which gems are used in this build? And what combinations are used? I cant see the items with the gems in anymore :(
I was wondering whether it would make sense to take the spell crit nodes north of the shadow start to boost spell dmg? in the fasion of less CoC but more Crit per Spell cast

@EnerJ thx 4 the updated tree - had something very similar in mind :)
Last edited by LoStarr on Aug 21, 2014, 7:23:41 PM
Hey EnerJ, you have very good eyes and very good idea, but let me show my version of your tree.
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXz79ZeXjDblGbQ4YeJVSxa_JpUfQQMe34QC_l3yQsNwUonTcNUGI-jWBbU6Qkt43agwcdQj1op_KzB8UUeNv__eJP3nVDnUd9cx-nb3oJ_dDfzFVvrBM4bOIXZbr5smBfmXBsSiAdGiQPT4oSL-urvj0359dWJaJJ0ILu2DGY4AXpuNTZIj9o19Sn2HdmegykrDOpu1wONLV_Gzb553B4cTnKSDCbl8jAvssDY9bIydqmKsb_J6U2Hrz3qyGTIBr-uhpOHb_sj6615FkvMqC_PqY0MOSKxHUUxMMuKAIJwZhiLqUzUPq7VI44Q=

for 118 points... Most importantly, the build is still great.
Last edited by RubensVance on Aug 21, 2014, 9:45:30 PM
I'm very intereted to know why you guys use points on proj damage, and crit multiplier, when the main idea is to make the spells popup and cause as much damage as possible..

i don't think crit multiplier is effective since the chance to crit with the spells is very very low unless we take crit spell nodes... many of them.

and proj damage and all this physical bow damage is useless as well as it seems .. more hp / regen/ elemental damage would be far more effective especially when its easily accessed near the shadow .

Another thing, I'm able to sit on 78% crit chance without any power charge and without the king of the hill tree .. so i don't have this pushback problem and i think its enough crit chance.
Last edited by soweird1989 on Aug 22, 2014, 5:05:03 AM
@RubensVance The way I'm playing right now (2 Auras+Herald) you wouldn't be able to sustain your barrage at all with that tree. Also if you're going for the 5th power charge you don't need to pick up every single crit node on the tree - except of course if you're not using windripper and therefore have a lower crit chance. The last points I would use on the life/energyshield nodes + spell crit chance north of the shadow tree, like soweird1989 suggested.

@soweird1989 You have very good points, I'm very interested in how your tree looks like, I can't imagine you having a lot of life if you have that high of a base crit chance.
Last edited by EnerJ on Aug 22, 2014, 5:48:37 AM
I'm actually playing maradur and have same percent of life + regen so im regening around 140 per sec.

ill post it soon as im playing around with tree to find a good match for the crit spell idea. atm my spells have 40-45% crit chance

Also i have seen you added some nice mana gains to keep mana high as long as you actually hit.

I've given up those points to not go at all to the king of the hill notes and im using the new curse that gives me mana+life on hit and frenzy charges. ATM i dont have mana problems as long as i hit something.

This is an updated tree i'm currently using on my maradur.

Dropped the bow critical tree in order to gain critical strike so the spell would benefits as well. so the bow crit is lower, but the crit is actually very high, Also got a bit more points to spell crit , the crit is now lower than 78% but i still didn't finish building it..

Took some int nodes so i can use double gifts from above because i like item rarity . and it also adds me even more crit. As maradur i have 2 resists nodes of +15% so it's easier to cap it.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQog8u_18_wQR5aHgNC2GpbrXy2L01km6qSsg_J31bKk2sR1FMykpvnpykdweHE8M6m7UZii2DlwbEorvj_roF-TIBmyayGc966NYFtdQjjb9RRyT951QwfI19I_ZNkn8r1oqgn2_yOdR31zBx3ahLeDpCD6tTNRa_JpVVS2HijDYC_t-EQsNd8nDVidNwUm1sNj3ssLl8jAudqmyM458nL-8O8i-krLyf6xR9ddN-JJ1iWgBeGY7tgwgu_94qC_PqDkgRlvDVlS4HHo_66_VknfId
Last edited by soweird1989 on Aug 22, 2014, 6:57:18 AM
I picked up the mana on hit because i honeslty don't want to rely on a curse for being able to spam my attacks and especially if you onehit everything, having to curse every pack is both annoying and i imagine a noticeable drop in cleartime - or do you have mana on kill somewhere and use the curse only for tankier packs? This also allows me to use another defensive or offensive curse.

Also i just checked, i have about 27% crit chance on arctic breath and arc and 37% with power charges up; my crit multiplier is 255%.

Regarding King of the Hill: I would not call the knockback a problem. Space_janitor explained in his original post that the knockback helps keeping mobs off of you. Now of course you don't have the choice who you want to knock back and who not with the knockback being passive and not part of a curse, but also the knockback only applies to projectiles from the attacks, not the projectiles and therefore is not as powerful.

Starting with the marauder sounds interesting, there's not much life and only 1% regen in the shadow/ranger area, and if you get it to work it surely would be more tanky. For now, though, flasks (+ the flask effectiveness nodes) and life on hit and kill seem to be enough.
Regarding the mana on kill issue, for maps i think the Atziri Splendour is more than enought to sustain with 100 mana on kill, but for the Atziri fight doesn´t work very well, idk the amount of mana/life on hit with the poacher´s mark maxed out but i'm thinking in use warlord's mark + elemental weakness for this fight.

I'm still struggling to define my set of skills, I'm a wand user and now i'm using arc + arctic breath + Power Charge on crit but arc had 15% and arctic 20% nerf... i'm leveling ball lightning to test only arc + Ball lightining, or back to Arc + fireball, idk...

I think the build is better now, we just need to adapt for the new changes, after my first atziri kill i noticed the urgent need for life leech and they gave us warlord's mark and poacher's mark :)

Sry for my bad english since it's not my native langague =/

Last edited by Havocz on Aug 23, 2014, 8:19:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info