Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

For anyone respeccing to this build, I'm selling my bow.

Fire leech + max rolls on everything except the crit chance, which is only 0.35% off. Currently listed for the price of a comparable 5-link.
Dam I want that bow. How much are you after
i wish they didn't cost so much or i would have one along time ago

but anywho nice bow
Why arent you using Ice Spear for the extra crit hit? Is the damage too low compared to Arctic Breath?
Hi Space, first of all thanks for the guide, and second i have 2 questions

1) why barrage lvl 10?

2) Why you didnt take the Deadly Draw Nodes for more crit?
are you going to make an update for 1.2? :O
Hi guys, i killed Atziri with the wand variation of this build.

Here is my itens/stats/tree

Stats:

Defensive:

Offensive: (Used Fireball + Arc on mobs, Fireball + Artic Breath on boss fights)

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAv4EfgW1DkgRlhXwFr8X2BmGGtsc3CP2JDwk_SaVJ6kqCypNMHEwfDZ7OkI6WD8nQsNGcUk7SVFKfUrIS3hRR1O4VUtW-lpIWm1d8l76YeJirGNDZ6BoDmo_bXtvnnBScNVyw3RBd9d_K3_GgwmFVYcThxmHdofbidOMNo19jb-P-pMnnKSdo52qpMKnXKp_qrirC6xHtAy0OLSjtMW1SMBRwuzGospKzAbQOdN-1CPVANVP1orWnd0N3ajed9-E44TlGedU6yzuDu967_Dy4fPq-WP79fyr_MU=

Killed the first boss without problems, used a diferent combination of itens/pots to kill the 3 boss fight, died some times since this was my second try.

I've made and updated version of this build for 1.2.0 but can suffer changes due to more diversity and options:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2Av5VS9-EYeJCwyaVXfIWvw5IcNX_k-OEEZaJ07CSNj1_xnBSUdmdquywwcUqC2KsbIyMC4hC8-q0xbl8gh7C7B6BFLAFtUuNmmGNv9Qj6Nb_HMfKUUf66zBxIurJROdU3vgwfJLz3aibtb7uJP2keH8rjX1eRUt4wzo_c8HV1op31yP2OkLKSmznVvpNkm-eCaAUdfzFgwmcpPGzznCkwmeg3Q2HE0tXh3Ys6asLdwfA40p9FSBywyLiKk3MBkfiPyfQgUrIpDluqrXyqW41kngNbEYqONi96GZybD_8MgkIsf_e
Last edited by Havocz on Aug 20, 2014, 11:59:02 AM
Hey Space, youre build is my favorite, but i do not know what to do with the new tree. I am sure that not only I have the problem with it. Are you going to update the guide? GL HF
Hello I like your build if you update for new skill tree I will be really glad. Have a good day =)
Hey guys, I've been using this build for a couple months now, it's been a ton of fun pre-patch and honestly i was a bit worried about the new tree. I've played with this tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXz79ZeXjDblGbQ4YeJVSxa_JpUfQQMe34QC_l3yQsNwUonTcNUGIw-rbWzndOjW6xQFtTpCS3jdqDBx1CPWin8rMHxRR42__94k_edUOdR31zH6dvegn90N_MVW-pAKwTOGziF2W6853UPn5LEY25smBfmXBsSiAdGiQPT4oSL-urvj0359dWJaJJ0ILu2DGY4AXpuNTZIj9o19Sn2HdmegykrDOpu1UzXA40tX8bNvnncHhxOcpIMJuXyMC-ywNj1sjJ2qYqxv8rDYelNh6896shkyAc3q
a bit now and i personally think the build has gotten stronger with the new patch.

1. I've lost about 500 life, but with life on hit and life on kill I've gained quite a bit more survivability.
2. Mana on hit + Mana on kill are now enough to spam both Split/lmp/Powerchargeoncrit/fasterattacks and the CoC setup infinitly, as long as you are hitting something.
It also enables me to run Grace + Any of the purity Auras + Herald of Ice (great synergy with the crazy speed you are spitting projectiles out and the amount of freezing you do with this build) with 57 mana left, which for now seems to be enough.
3. There's so many crit nodes on the tree that I'm currently only going for 4 power charges, I don't know if it would be more effective to pick up the fifth and spec out of some crit nodes. Also the higher base crit chance is great for building up power charges more quickly.
On a side note, the knockback on crit needs a bit of getting used to and might not suit everyone, it makes it harder to shotgun tanky mobs, but helps keeping melees away from you.

The CoC nerf is certainly noticeable, but since the individual spells do more damage now I don't think the overall damage went down.

Hope this helped a bit with getting into the new patch, and hoping for more experienced players to give me some ideas for improvement etc.!
IGN: BenTheBuilder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info