FoxTactics "Lightning Ninja" Arc build 18k+ : No update for 1.2

"
nefczi wrote:
"
ElwëThingol wrote:

Hi! Thanks for your advises.

Yeah i know but i feel so weak against most of the ranged foes.. And i don't have yet a Cloak Of Defiance.. (actually i never trade, i don't know the prices and all so it's tricky i don't want to be scammed or something.
Anyway, i'm gonna remove TS as i said yesterday and i'll see if i take Discipline!
Oh yeah god! I didn't see the 40% regen in the Templar area... Well, i'll see what i can do for improving my build!
Thanks a lot!

Speccing into few armour nodes wont help you. In order to get effective damage reduction from armour you would have to spec into it heavily, and have high armour on all your gear pieces which is not an option in this build since you need quite a lot of Energy shield on your gear in order to get high enough mana regen to sustain Arctic Armour and Arc spamming. So as I said earlier those few points in armour that you picked are simply a waste of skill points in this build.

As for Cloak of Defiance, its ihmo a "must have" item in this build. It basically gives you 40% of damage reduction from ALL sources(in opouse to armour stat that only works on physical damage).

You can buy it for around 10-15 chaos(without links) on Ambush. I actually got mine 2 days ago for 5 chaos. Not sure how it looks on Invasion, I guess its more expensive.

But I encourage you to check out poe.xyz site and try to buy it. Cloak of defiance will make your life much easier. The diference in survivalablity is very noticable with it. Oh and it gives you additional 40-50% of mana regen and a lot of mana!

I did respec as you advised !
Here is my actual tree : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFWwdjB6UI9Ax9EH8TnhmFGmwc3B6UHwIkPCSqJpUnqSj6LJwtHy1HMYg2xTbpRKtFnUbXSVFJslBCVUtVrlXGVytabV3GYG1nvW0ZbXtzU3YReQN6qn5Zfq9_xoIQgh6Cx4uMjDaPRo-mkyea4Juhna6fe6KjpJGnCKdcrD-1BLiTwFTBtMHzxp7PZdDQ2CTa3dsL3Ffd89-w4XPjauQi5Ozr7u0g7m_z3fno

I bought a Cloak Of Defiance yesterday, so yeah i think i'll be ok now!

I have around 240 regen mana, 3000 hp, 2800 mana, and 2300 dps with Arc ! I think it's cool, i mean, enough!
I'm lvling a little (i'm 68) and around 70, i'll go against Dominus !

Also, i got a CWDT gem linked with Molten Shell/Life Leech/Mana Leech so i'll have a little more armour, little damage and life/mana leech

I'm gonna see how i manage myself and if i got problems i'll come back here and ask some questions !

Thanks again for your advises
Last edited by ElwëThingol on Apr 29, 2014, 7:23:21 AM
Hard to find gears upgrade in ambush :/ People jump on them too fast :D
Hf :)
Hello again fox, I am trying to do a CI/block version of your build using tempest shield
for varius stuff aswell as damage. Could you take a look at the tree and tell me if you think
this is gonna be viable. Gonna use rathpith and rainbowstride for ~66% block/spell block but
i have some doubts that 2% leech from catalyst + invitation wont be enought, thoughts? :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAuMFWwW1BukHpQkhEHsTnhXXFecW8xcvGYoaMhpsGo8c3B0UHoEfAiLqJjwnYSjFKwosnCy_LR8tRy-dNsVDY0SrRtdHBkmyS41MNVBCUWBVrlXWVmNY9V3GX2pgbWTnZp5tGXB9cU1zs3YRfq9_xoCkghCGrouMjDaNGY9Gj6aP-prPm7Wdrp3EoqOkkacIqZW0xbUEtzG-OsEAwbTBxcHzwuzDbc3q1U_Xhtgk2j3bGtvn3Yzd89533vbfsOAS4XPkIuTs6NbsGO0g8GvzvvPd9Uv22vrS-wn_HA==
IGN: Asphyxir
can you post your defense stats?

I get eaten alive.

I like my DPS, but i also take so much damage (i even use life leech)
Anyone has any tips on how to deal with survivability before a Cloak of Defiance? I'm currently not leveled high enough yet for a Cloak and yet I'm having troubles with staying alive when leaping / charging mobs just chunk my hp out before I can warp away.

If Arctic Armour is the only source of damage mitigation before a Cloak with MoM what is a comfortable level for AA from the level 50 - 60 stage?
"
eferalinx wrote:
Anyone has any tips on how to deal with survivability before a Cloak of Defiance? I'm currently not leveled high enough yet for a Cloak and yet I'm having troubles with staying alive when leaping / charging mobs just chunk my hp out before I can warp away.

If Arctic Armour is the only source of damage mitigation before a Cloak with MoM what is a comfortable level for AA from the level 50 - 60 stage?

for leveling, (95% of builds) you should be doing a safe leveling method.

like using flame totem, spec throw, etc etc.

this build is definitely not used for leveling.
"
IMKR wrote:
"
eferalinx wrote:

o.0 I actually used this to level and I did quite well till the 50s where things started to really hurt... If so what would be the ideal level for someone to spec into this build (or any other endgame builds for the matter)?
"
eferalinx wrote:
"
IMKR wrote:
"
eferalinx wrote:

o.0 I actually used this to level and I did quite well till the 50s where things started to really hurt... If so what would be the ideal level for someone to spec into this build (or any other endgame builds for the matter)?

How can you say that this build is DEFINITELY not used for leveling? Sure it is, i leveled it all the way up to 89, without much trouble and think it is awesome to level (if you have a CoD available as soon as you meet the requirements)and I think many more did level with it. Sure you have to play defensive at first, but I did not had any problems leveling this character with the concept.
I'm highly enjoying this build and I started to use Arc as soon as I was permitted and it's not hard to use for levelleing up.

You have to remember what class you're playing. Until you get level 60+ and decent gear you play the witch class slightly defensively. The keys are Eldrich Battery, good mana regen, Life Leech and a good spell totem (which you can get at level 31) with Arc and supporting skills.

The Arc totem is great additional firepower and shouldn't be underestimated when you level up. Use it to draw hostile aggro while you're a few steps behind vaporizing them. Witches aren't supposed to be used as the Marauder class anyway and run head first facetanking.

I'm using my char in Hardcore to much enjoyment.
Last edited by Shadowbringer on May 2, 2014, 9:32:21 AM
level 90 now, still not so much gears management except quality on gems now ( THATS A BIG BOOST ), still using moonsorrow since it appears people don't want to sell good scepters in ambush.

List of actual map running troubles:

- Map with no mana / life regen
- Elemental reflect maps ( not possible to deal with i suppose until the tree change you made in second post )

List of actual bosses fight troubles ( in solo map running ):

- Palace dominus
- Jungle valley spider boss
- Fire fury crematorium
- Academy boss ( may i could solve that with some flask management ? )

Additional feedback:

You won't have problems in any party ( except with dead brain map runners ) to deal enough damage and have enough survability.

I'm not agree with the fact you can replace doryani's belt for an other one except for leveling phase, this is the huge surva boost with 1% life leech for tricky endgame maps, you can afford one without scam for few ex.

Gears upgrades:

First time i've troubles to get rings / weapons upgrades with a build, seriously don't know if it's due to the fact there are less players ( and then less trade ) in ambush than domination or what but it's a real pain.

Crafting solution: Not worth it except if you are ready to have a lot of bad days ( and if you have enough currencies for it x) ).
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info