FoxTactics "Lightning Ninja" Arc build 18k+ : No update for 1.2

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Einzbern wrote:
What would be a good alternative for Empower on Arc?

Nothing. Even a Level 1 Empower inside a Geofri's is better than ANY other Support. And a Level 1 Empower isn't expensive, not really.

Please don't oversimplify things. Let's assume lvl 19 gems. If your gems hit 20, Empower should hit lvl 2 and gets superior.
Lets assume lvl 19 (->20 with Geofri's) Arc, 45–854. With level 1 Empower it's 49–938.
Now lets compare with Added Lightning lvl 19 (->20) 13–238 it's 58-1092. At least for me it's clearly more.

So if you're on a budget or fresh into the game, Added Lightning is better.

Concerning the spec, it should be noted, that +1 to gems is a possible Corruption on Chest-Armor. So 6L-LowLife-Arc is at least theoretically possible.
Leveling it 82 in few days without manage gears more than that ( except 5L cloak of defiance, moonsorrow x2 and geofri's ) and can run 76+ maps ( still skip some boss but clearspeed and survability are fine ).

Thing i really want to point for those who want to jump in too is to don't worry if the tooltip show you a " low dps ", trust me it's 7k on arc + 3k on totems is enough. Doing some crematorium in 5 min actually, the only thing you really need is a good mana pool, and resist capped + good potions management.

Even without a leveled empower it's viable for endgame, you just won't be able before have some quality gems / decent gears to run with closed eyes and kill all maps in two mins, but it's working :)

The build start to be really popular, i saw very often players running it in random party, and a lot of them have troubles with elemental reflect, for that i will quote what fox said " purity of lightning help for that ". Yes it's helping a lot, want to add, in party nothing force you to hit elemental reflect mobs, your mates can also kill them you don't have to risk your xp if you don't have enough survability at this moment, there are maximum 3 elemental reflect mobs, not a big deal to just ignore them. It's an harder deal for reflect map ofc but you can manage it with auras / topaz.

Last point, Always keep an eye on your mana, if you take a big hit just escape with your lightning warp for a few seconds, you are very weak without mana left never forgot that.

Hope my experience will help some of you, looking for 90 at the end of the week with quality gem for an additional feedback.

Thanks for this build Fox_tactics, my first witch since i'm playing PoE ( always melee char or ranger before ) and as far i remember, the best fun i had since i'm playing.

H.

Hf :)
Thanks for the great feedback guys!
Really means alot to me and my shit self esteem =).

Btw, My new righteous Arcer build just passed the "Yolo lvl78 map"

http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/c/4115540

Lvl78 Palace :
2 dominus
enfeeble
extra cold
30% extra boss dmg
So i just made this
and I'm not sure if I'd have higher dps with my arc in armor. What do you guys think?
"
Miochan wrote:
So i just made this
and I'm not sure if I'd have higher dps with my arc in armor. What do you guys think?

First of all, congratulations :)
I think adding Added Lightning Damage and Life Leech would benefit both offensive & defensive side of self-cast Arc.

And I don't understand one thing, why don't you just try it out? Unless you're just posting for attention
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
"
ta3boo wrote:
"
Miochan wrote:
So i just made this

I think adding Added Lightning Damage and Life Leech would benefit both offensive & defensive side of self-cast Arc.

And I don't understand one thing, why don't you just try it out? Unless you're just posting for attention

Mana cost, and less dps if you put selfcast in the armour.

Hi,

May I know how you can do Atziri with Arc in the "clone phase"? (when 4 of us is up and one of them has massive reflect)

I ask because I thought Arc has the risk of accidentally chaining to the reflect copy of Atziri.

Thank you.

"
LancelotBrown wrote:

Hi,

May I know how you can do Atziri with Arc in the "clone phase"? (when 4 of us is up and one of them has massive reflect)

I ask because I thought Arc has the risk of accidentally chaining to the reflect copy of Atziri.

Thank you.

Good question, and i forgot to explain how. Right before i enter the last chamber, i have Lifeleech\Stormcall\Concentrated effect in my inventory, i just swap these in my chest Spelltote\Arc\Elementalproliferation.

Since i have no use for the totem during that fight anyway. It allways got me killed untill i stopped using it.

So i only stormcall during the clone phase, otherwise its arc all the way.
"
ta3boo wrote:
"
Miochan wrote:
So i just made this

Because i thought some people might have experiment on this already :)

"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
ta3boo wrote:
"
Miochan wrote:
So i just made this

Mana cost, and less dps if you put selfcast in the armour.

I guess ill stick to geofris then.

i put to my 6l totem added lightning damage
Hi!

I'm currently doing this build (but, cheaper for now, since i'm really poor) and i have to say, for now it's amazing !

I'm r*ping everything with arc, but i had some issues with armor since i have like 20% physical damage reduction, i change the links with arc like this :
Arc - Lightning pen. - Faster Casting - Life leech
With life leech i'm way more tanky!

For now i'm 4L and i don't know if i'm ever gonna be 5 or 6..

Anyway, this is my current tree lvl 59 : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelCPQMfRB_E54ZhRpsHNwfAiQ8JKomlSepKPosnC0fLUcxiDbFNulEq0WdSVFJslBCVUtVrlXGVytabWe9bRlte3NTdhF5A3qqfll-r3_GghCCHoLHjDaPRo-mmuCboZ2uoqOkkacIp1y4k8BUwbTB88aez2XQ0Ngk2t3bC9-w42rk7Ovu7m_z3fno

So i can say it's awesome, and since i didn't have fun on PoE recently this is pretty cool!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info