Content Update 1.1.2 and Checkpoints

If you can't fix the minion AI then why take utilities like Smoke Mine away? How are we supposed to handle minions in indoor maps when they don't follow you properly?

Pretty disappointing.
Last edited by babai_witch_here on Apr 7, 2014, 3:27:09 PM
I am not saying this is happening, but plugging for the future since it was mentioned in the patch.

This concept of "Newbie Friendly - Veteran Hate" seems to plague most companies over time.

Please do not fall to the way of new player whoring out of the game/company, as is with the beginning of the end for many games I have experienced with games such as Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars, WoW, Diablo3 etc.

Love the game you have going here GGG!! Thanks much!

p.s.... dying without a portal was a good lesson only needed to learn once or twice. It does seem that without having to run back now makes the game less intense. There was a penalty for dorking up and dying before.... now, game is simply less challenge even to a newb.

☩ M̢͇A̢͍͈̞ͅU̙̻͚̞̘L̖̜̱ͅͅR̮̥͖̼̟Ą̜̖̟̭G̘͍͍̞̤O̢͍̘͕̤T̪͇͖̹̟H̯̩̬͇̻'͎̝͚͍̻S̟͉͇̯͜ ̮͉̩͉̺S̝̫̙̳̗H̙̦̜̘̼O̢̗̝͕̼P! ☩ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/962273
Last edited by MAULRAGOTH on Apr 7, 2014, 3:58:27 PM
Whoever pushed the Arc change through:

MY UNDYING LOVE IS FOREVER YOURS!
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
"
MAULRAGOTH wrote:
I am not saying this is happening, but plugging for the future since it was mentioned in the patch.

This concept of "Newbie Friendly - Veteran Hate" seems to plague most companies over time.

Please do not fall to the way of new player whoring out of the game/company, as is with the beginning of the end for many games I have experienced with games such as Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars, WoW, Diablo3 etc.

Love the game you have going here GGG!! Thanks much!

p.s.... dying without a portal was a good lesson only needed to learn once or twice. It does seem that without having to run back now makes the game less intense. There was a penalty for dorking up and dying before.... now, game is simply less challenge even to a newb.

I never felt that "dorking up" because I forgot to put up a portal for something easy, made me feel like I was having a compelling and more "intense" gameplay experience.

Besides how exciting in gameplay is putting up a portal everytime? The way I see it, this checkpoint idea gets rid of unnecessary grind, it's not as if an experienced player won't use them anyhow to switch up gems in town every now and then.
"
still waiting on a retail version so we can play it offline and no issue about desync and stuff…
I would pay 60 USD easily

This, please.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
My Vaal Orb drop rate is already one of those numbers rapidly approaching zero. Guess I'll never see another one now. :-p
Are Portal Scrolls going to lose some value, then?
"
still waiting on a retail version so we can play it offline and no issue about desync and stuff…
I would pay 60 USD easily

Single player + LAN functionality would be awesome. Me and my pals never minded playing with off-line character files that were unusable on the Battle.net version, and the ability to play anytime we want without lag or desyncs would be awesome.

The game is generally supported by supporter packs, it's free to play, and the only way to play your characters on-line will be through the main version so I can't imagine piracy being an issue.

"

Get rid of it for Cruel and Merciless, and make the "Resurrect from Checkpoint" consume a portal. Show an icon next to the button that shows how many portals you have, and if you're out of portals, you have to resurrect from town.
and an other crap patch , GGG you need to reduce desync and add otpion to sort items in tab.
Great patch, thanks for the many improvements.
SSF since ~OB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info