[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

Hi, I have made a Eldritch Battery Shadow Archer (he was my one week race character-didnt get to be EB during the race though). I have around 2.5k mana and nearly 2.6k hp with a 38 eva chance whilst running 5 auras; soon to be 6 auras when I have 5 socket my new lionseye =) The auras I run are; clarity, discipline, wrath, grace and then either vitality or haste depending on the situation. I also intend on running anger as well. I have a 5link on my chest and it is lifeleech, lightening arrow, chain, lmp and faster attacks. My aps with haste is 3.11. I have 75 67 75 res and 11 chaos i think, but I can raise safely the chaos res to pretty much max without sacrificing too much other resistance (although I switch out to handcrafted (in the race) chaos res bow and chaos res quiver). I would like to note; I suicided my character at level 70 after the race to play with real life friends. I died twice on a nasty 68 map earlier though; completely filled with puncture snakes. I would have retreated on HC. And this was before my respec. I have run a couple of maps and seem powerful and survivable. Thankyou for your time

Edit: I am also level 71
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Last edited by ckay27 on Apr 4, 2013, 8:05:21 PM
Elemental melee witch(with some spells)

I have a level 69 Witch. This char is the first one i made and i have great fun with it.
Very early on i decided to not play like a typical caster, so i focused on elemental melee damage in combination with some spells.

Infernal blow is my main attack. Support gems +extra elemental dmg, bonus fire dmg, item rarity and attack speed.(might replace item rarity with fire penetration or increased area of effect)
Since almost all physical dmg is converted to fire I deal alot of dmg since i got alot bonuses that boosts elemental dmg.
Once i found the unique axe Kaoms Primacy my char is really shredding enemies. I got around 7k in dps with that thing on top of that the axe has culling strike. which means any most that gets down to 10% dies automatically which works great with the corpse explosion effect from the infernal blow.

Firetrap. Love this thing, with all the elemental and burn dmg these things are great for softening up hard opponants before going in close. Support gems: Chance to ignite, Iron Will and fire penetration.

Molten shell.
Great because of all the extra armor and when it detonates for about 6k most stuff dies.
When i was around 55 i used this skill alot i combination with warlords mark to AOE grind the monkeys on act 2 Merciles.

fireball.
I have kept this skill since the start. I don't use it that often since i mostly go melee but from time to time it comes in handy when the firetraps are on cooldown. Support gems lesser multiple projetile and Iron Will.

Flame totem.
This thing can come quite in handy just because it can many times take alot of dmg.
Its dmg is kinda shitty but with the blind support gem its pretty neat when it keeps blinding hordes of monsters.

Flameabilty
This is the curse i mostly use. Its really important to have when there are enemies with alot of fire resistance.

Enduring cry I use this from time to time when im fighting hugh packs of enemies. It definatly helps me surivive a bit better.

Auras Determination and Anger My mana pool isn't great but with reduced mana cost support gem and alot of mana reg its no issue really, So its no problem to use both auras.

Gear
My char use Armor to reduce dmg. In combination with Determination aura I have about 5k and 9k with Molten Shell. My life and mana pots also increase armor but about 2k.I also got a granit potion when going up against harder opponants. This mean i can usually go right into clusters and molten shell explosions in combination with infernal blow or firetraps will murder stuff very fast.
Other stats i use is. Elemental dmg with weapons, fire dmg, physical dmg bonuses, strength, intellect, mana reg, attack speed, life, resistances etc.
Im also forced to have atleast some Dex just so that i can use attack speed, trap, multiprojectile gems.

Talents
Most of my talents are in the templar tree. But i also use some in the witch tree like bonus fire dmg and burn dmg. Also use some increased mana reg and maxiumum mana.
Most important skill i got is the one that makes it impossible for me to miss(can't remember whats it called). With that skill i dont have to worry about missing or farming dex equipment.
Other passive skills are bonuses to elemetnal dmg, elemetnal dmg with weapons, axe dmgs bonuses, life and armor.
In the future im planning on getting the increased max resistance skill, some more life and maybe an extra endurance charge.

Pros:
1. Really fun to play
2. Great damage for example brutus dies in 5-10 seconds and my DPS can still be greatly increased.
3. Im quite versitile since i can both go melee and ranged, If something deals hugh amount of dmg i can always rely on traps totems and fireball to soften him up.

Cons:
1. I can take more beating then most casters and archers but im still quite squishy compared to pure melee chars. Right now my HP is far from great, I only got around 2k and im starting to run out on close health nodes in the talent tree. However my gear could easily be upgraded to buff my HP.
2. I would not recomend this style for Hardcore characters, since i do die from time to time.
3. I rely alot on fast kills so fire resistance mobs can cause trouble on some maps, especially if they are immune to curses. Still its very rarely a big issue. Even with resistance most hostiles dies really fast.

I have no idea how my char will do later on harder maps. But so far its qoing quite well.
'The Voll's Protector unique item has been changed so that it grants a power charge per target critically struck. This does affect items generated in previous patches.'

Enjoy one of the most overpowered builds in the game now with my Cold Snap guide. Glad they made this change.
Last edited by Plastic_Cup on Apr 7, 2013, 1:30:01 PM
/bump

coz i wanna see more weird build even if GGG is to busy now for videos

they made me addicted to this game...man how i miss them *sadface :/
<3ggg
The Character i would like to show is Polar_Flare.

A witch that makes use of the under rated freeze mine skill, combined with elemental proliferation, increased aoe, and temporal chains.

This build effectively allows me to crowd control entire mobs and even freeze bosses or rares for long periods. I then throw down a fire trap (and i recently added searing bond) for burning damage.

Effectively the massive aoe and freezing allows me to easily kite an enemy temporarily then freeze entire mobs to prevent any damage. Temporal chains in combination with increased freeze duration and Breath of Rime, easily allows me to contain any enemies and prevent sudden unfreezing (sort of like a warning, when they slowly start moving, plant another mine).

Pro's:

1. I can crowd control mobs and any random enemy that decides to charge at me.
2. I can avoid most damage from enemies, and slow bosses to prevent rapid death.
3. Enemies that are Curse immune can still be frozen in place by enemies that arent immune and are frozen.
4. Bosses or rares with nearby enemies can be frozen in place and slowly killed with little risk if done correctly (example, i killed oak on merciless by keeping a single white alive and frozen while i burned him to death).
5. Slow moving and attacking enemies cannot rapidly damage players, meaning lagg spike or desync, isnt always deadly.
6. Essentially i can avoid bosses that cannot be frozen altogether by tossing a fire trap with its massive aoe burning the target while i hide.
7. Rapid fire enemies lose alot of attack speed, so are no longer dealing nearly as much as they previously were.
8. Once a single enemy is frozen essentially the entire mob is then easily controlled.

Con's (only slight downside really):

1. Fire resistant enemies take slightly longer to kill.
2. If an enemy has high resist and regenerates health, i may have to avoid them altogether (rarely happens but has occured).
3. Until really high levels, it takes time to plant then detonate, so if enemies are curse immune and move fast, kiting is needed (unless i had decided to take faster trap laying first instead of increased aoe).
4. If i am not careful and do not maintain frozen enemies, i can easily and quickly be surrounded by enemies and stunned to death.
5. A certain range must be met to freeze at least 1 enemy to begin the process.

Seeing as i have never seen many people use builds aside from classical (and irritating) multiple projectile builds as ranged, i figured id make something interesting and fun.

Spoiler
Polar_Flare , the original and first of its kind. With a flash of fire and ice it burns the insides of glaciers with sea's of flames beneath its feet.

Spoiler

Spoiler

State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Last edited by Raghin on Apr 23, 2013, 9:13:13 AM
Detonate Dead/Fire Trap

Hey, I've been working on this build for a long time now and I'm pretty confident to release it to the public after getting to lvl 85 and destroying 70+ maps.

Overview of the build

This build relies on using fire trap to kill few monsters then use those corpses to kill the rest of the monsters alive. The build focus on getting all the burning damage in the tree and the fire damage to do maximum damage and then uses vaal pact to counter reflect damage.

Key For the build:

- Chaos Innoculation
- Vaal Pact
- Ghost Reaver
- Burning Damage

Pros:

- Really high burst damage
- Incredible Aoe Damage
- Based on the monsters life to do damage(so higher base hp monsters gets destroyed as fast lower base hp monsters)
- Kills as fast in a 6 player group because of the damage based on the monster life to do damage
- Uses leech
- Counters Necro
- High ES
- Can do any map but blood magic

Cons:

- Vulnerable to status element
- Cannot group up with someone that freezes monsters(because it destroys the corpses)
- No constant damage (sucks against fire resist, Immune to curses, Regen monsters)
- Limited amount of traps
- Leapers and arc casters can destroy ur trap pretty easily
@BoobSloop

are you SURE that detonate dead scales with the increased HP mobs have in groups? I (and i don't have the link to the post...)
remember reading in the Detonate Dead skill gem thread, that a dev posted that DD didn't scale with mobs HP increase due to party members intentionally so that mechanics like that couldn't get exploited, or something along those lines.

either way, love the build. How much %increased ES do you have from passive at level 80? And does that include all burning damage nodes, or only some damage?
"
FleepQc wrote:
Detonate Dead/Fire Trap

Hey, I've been working on this build for a long time now and I'm pretty confident to release it to the public after getting to lvl 85 and destroying 70+ maps.

Overview of the build

This build relies on using fire trap to kill few monsters then use those corpses to kill the rest of the monsters alive. The build focus on getting all the burning damage in the tree and the fire damage to do maximum damage and then uses vaal pact to counter reflect damage.

Key For the build:

- Chaos Innoculation
- Vaal Pact
- Ghost Reaver
- Burning Damage

Pros:

- Really high burst damage
- Incredible Aoe Damage
- Based on the monsters life to do damage(so higher base hp monsters gets destroyed as fast lower base hp monsters)
- Kills as fast in a 6 player group because of the damage based on the monster life to do damage
- Uses leech
- Counters Necro
- High ES
- Can do any map but blood magic

Cons:

- Vulnerable to status element
- Cannot group up with someone that freezes monsters(because it destroys the corpses)
- No constant damage (sucks against fire resist, Immune to curses, Regen monsters)
- Limited amount of traps
- Leapers and arc casters can destroy ur trap pretty easily

Why don't you start with the class and a proper name for it?
Unplayed - CI + ghost reaver + zealoth's oath + cyclone marauder

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361475
IGN Rampage = Petral_Throw
IGN Beyond = Petraso_mental
Righteous fire Incinerate templar

Offenses

Incinerate—added chaos dmg—gmp--- mana leech—life leech

2000dps that has a shotgun effect if you are in front of the target
The 1.8 multiplier up to 3.4 on last stage

clarified modifier
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/233640/page/44#p2483028

2000x1.8=3600 after 1 seconds of constant casting

2000x2.6=5200 after 2 seconds of constant casting

2000x3.4=6800 after 3 seconds of constant casting

(shotgun effect still applies if target is close and all 5 projectiles hit the same target)
That would be 34k dmg and you may ask why they allow it to be that high, and there are 3 reasons for this,

1 is the mana cost, I use 4 nodes that reduce mana cost per cast that add up to 22% and this skill upkeep to me is at 280 mana per second

2 incinerate range is short, you need to invest into projectile speed in order to make its range decent.

3 while using other skills you can either kite with long range skills or freeze ur enemies with ice skills, with incinerate you are either tanky or not able to deal damage.
You need a 20%q righteous fire, extremely high es items, a shavrone with 5 or 6 links, either the covenant to pay life on some auras or a prism guardian.

The passive three:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbBbUMfQ6tEHsQfxRNFHUZLhoyHNwdFCftKPoppSsKMHwy0UNjRUdGcUbXRwZN2E99UUdRYFRJVw1Y9VnzW_Rdxl6fXz9famBtZp5qHnB9cU10QXfXeLp713xLfyt_xoBWgW-DOIuMjHaNv49Gj_qTJ5Ugms-dgJ3Enjyfe6C0pwioGKmVrKq0DLTFtQS3MbiTud2-OsAawQDBxcHYwuzDbcT2xp7ZYdsa2-fd8-Fz51Lr7uwY7BntIO8O8i_z3fVL98H60vuq

wont get into much details but ill mention the keystones

body and soulx2
inner force
elemental adaptation
troll´s blood
pain attunement ghost reaver
zealot oath

iron reflexes
this one is very important, people QQ about me being one of the few casters that sacrifice 12+ passives in order to get this when I could be getting 100% es instead. The thing people ignore is the synergy of Grace +Determination+ Inner Force + Iron reflexes + having 100%es/100%armor nodes

My auras:
Lvl 20 purity, grace, clarity, haste discipline,
lvl 18determination
all linked to lvl 20 reduced mana gems or else they won’t work

my defenses:

689 hp/6474 es

10,544 armor

85%elemental resists

-10% chaos dmg

It’s a must for this build to have 100% freeze and stun avoidance

49% chance to block attacks (using tempest shield)

16% chance to block spells

Arctic armor lvl 11 up at all times giving 65/65*1.3(inner force) phys and fire dmg reduction

The -10% chaos dmg might seem like a flaw and I had the choice to get gear and passives that would increase that number but chaos damage doesn´t actually hurt this build, chaos damage is mostly damage over time, even mobs that say “deals chaos damage” like wharf or thicket boss, actually does pathetic amount of chaos dmg, yet I don´t see the need to increase this

Actives Skills I use

Molten shell /RF / tempest shield/incinerate/elemental weakness/ arctic armor

Inner force bumps molten shell , righteous fire, arctic armor and tempest shield that’s why I picked them.

Note:

-this build cannot be duplicated without having that much ES or mana regen as the amount you see on the gear, you may end up not being able to pay the upkeep mana cost, or burning urself due to Righteous fire.

- both eye of chayula and dream fragments are a must

-This build´s kryptonite is called Lightning thorn buff. As soon as I see this I change from incinerate to freezing pulse, launching 50 projectiles per second and getting lightning damage per every projectile can kill yourself.

- this is not a casual build, it is expensive and uses what we could call an exploit that is the covenant to pay auras with life or being forced to use prism guardian

- avoid by all means hp affixes, it just add burning damage to urself.

-pay the 3x percentage auras with life
IGN: RFFP
Last edited by benkeia on May 19, 2013, 1:52:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info