[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

"
Invalesco wrote:
stand by for RF + PA + Incinerate build modification!

edit: after testing out incinerate, I think I still prefer Freezing Pulse :/

Did you spend like 5000 chroms on that?
"
Namenemas wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
stand by for RF + PA + Incinerate build modification!

edit: after testing out incinerate, I think I still prefer Freezing Pulse :/

Did you spend like 5000 chroms on that?

Just 80. I actually wanted 2B2R2G, but once I got those colours (above) I knew I had to keep them haha
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I've put a lot more work into my shadow guide so that all skill levels of players should be able to use it, understand it and succeed with it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/234920

I know you guys over at GGG are very busy but I hope to see some more BotW videos soon :)
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Mar 19, 2013, 9:01:35 PM
MasonKnight The Highly Immune Templar

caution, words...

Strengths
When used properly, mostly immune to bosses, physical damage, chaos attacks, spells...
Passive dueling. Enemy does most of the work.
Ironic combat. Typically dangerous enemies generally harmless and kill themselves, like voidbearers at the docks and tentacle miscreations in the Lunaris Temple.
My current style using ethereal knives is immune to reflect mobs.
Fun? Toolbar is full and all skills are regularly used.

Weaknesses
I sometimes forget how to use it properly.
Damage over time effects including damage fields.
Either a 20+ passive point respec will happen at level 60-70 or it will be a painful leveling experience.
Only become fully realized at level 68, the level requirement of the Rathpith Globe.
Low life pool can cause massive amount of spell casting disruptions from stun and block recovery. If this continues to be an issue I might alter the tree to include the unwavering stance keystone later on.
Because of the random nature of blocking and low life pool, death can occur to seemingly harmless enemies.
Very difficult to use properly. Endurance charge management, mana management, situation management.
Does not do group play very effectively. Generally much lower damage output when monsters aren't all focusing on me. Enduring cry doesn't seem very effective at preventing this.

Abstract:
The character utilizes very high block chance, coupled with 7 endurance charges and the immortal call skill gem to fully prevent a wide array of physical, spell and attack damage. The Rathpith Globe and The Stone of Lazhwar uniques along with a +12% block chance applied to spells passive node are used to allow a maxed out block rate for spells regardless of the quality of the Rathpith Globe. As the build focuses on the idea of 'efficient' hit points rather than simply more of them, passive life regeneration has been entirely overlooked despite being a build that focuses on tanking lots of damage.

Damage from the build can be accomplished in a variety of ways and is fully dependent on the availability of proper gear and/or choice of spell. The two main styles of doing damage with the build are elemental weaponry and spells. Spells can be used as the 2 build defining uniques used have a rather large spell damage and cast speed mod. The passive tree also includes some elemental damage nodes which enhance elemental spells like Tempest Shield but also any weaponry that might be used. The tree also exists next to the Catalyse weapon elemental damage nodes which can be taken to greatly enhance elemental weapons. Tempest Shield and Molten Shell are used in both cases to enhance survivability and do damage.

As damage is rarely taken, the commonly used life leech support on the primary attack skill is dropped in favor of more damage. Life recovery is generally accomplished through Resolute Technique and a separate projectile attack skill like lightning strike or power siphon linked to life on hit and your choice of hit multiplier gems like Chain, Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles, Fork and the less obvious Faster Attacks. Mana capacity and regeneration rate will be the main limiting factor in choice. Rejuvenation totem can be used, but I prefer the burst heal nature of life on hit when used in this way. It also demonstrates a very unique way of healing.

Because the build utilizes 7 endurance charges, 2 10% ele resist nodes, and 2 15% ele resist when carrying a shield nodes, resistances on gear are less important and can mostly be overlooked in favor of more armor that will stack on the 35% damage reduction from the charges. If further resists are needed, the purity aura can be used to become mostly gear independent at around a gearless base of 120% elemental resist. Because of the 75% block chance, chaos damage attacks are also mostly avoided, mitigating the need for chaos resistance.

As health is very low, it's not wise to use it for auras or skills. Instead all 4 5% reduced reservation nodes are taken to allow extremely expensive aura combinations to be used while still maintaining a usable mana pool. A high level clarity is common between all build choice.

From here on I'll describe only how I use my current spell damage set up instead of the possible 3 types. Elemental melee, elemental wands and spells.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecEswVbBjkMfQz3EH8S4RNbFCAUTRkuGjIaOBpVHRQn7SjFLdIyiTboNuk62DwtRtdMNU3YT31QR1FgVdZXDVfiWK9Z813GXhNgbWEhZKNk52aeZ-Jwu3KpdO15wHzZgFaDOITvhymLjIx2j0aQVZHOm4OdgJ7NoLSiAKLqpwinMKeEqZWsqqyvtoa4k8Aaw4bE9sae0iHZYdrd3fPhc-Nq55Hp1ew47SDu2fMG877z3fba-tL7qg==

There are currently 3 detritus nodes in my passive tree. 2 weapon elemental damage nodes and 1 +20 dexterity node required for equipping boots.

Defense and Auras:
Rathpith Globe has a 30% block rate, exactly 40% of block rate nodes are taken. The last 5% block of block rate is derived from the skill Tempest Shield modified by the Inner Force passive for a 75% spell and attack block rate. The shield also provides a healthy energy shield pool to tank some initial burst damage from mobs.

As the build has naturally extremely high defense, the choice of auras is mostly gear dependent. Because of the high armor already provided by my gear I use Determination to enhance it further, and because of some lacking resists, Purity. (I recently changed my gear around and didn't realize until a bajillion words in that I actually have pretty good reists so I might swap out purity) I prefer to keep my resistances maxed without endurance charges as I found relying on endurance charges kind of difficult when first initiating fights with some kinds of dangerous elemental mobs. If I had lower armor I would use Grace and Discipline or Haste in place of Determination. If I had higher resists, I'd increase the level of Clarity.

Gear I use:
Spoiler

The important stat to note on most of the gear is mana and mana regeneration because running flat percent auras leaves the available pool very small and skills are actually pretty expensive to use. Intelligence is also important as my passive tree doesn't have enough intelligence in it to use imbued wands. Besides the rather ridiculous ES amount on the chest, it's pretty much what I expected to find and use.

Skills Used
Purity, Determination, Clarity, Tempest Shield supported by reduced mana
Enduring Cry, Enduring Cry on faster casting
Molten Shell supported by life leech
Conversion Trap, 6% quality Immortal Call supported by increased duration
lvl 1 Power Siphon supported by Life on Hit, LMP and Chain. Resolute Techniques makes the charges useless but it still has culling strike. Frenzy would be a better choice but I only learned today that power siphon isn't the only skill wands can use.
Ethereal Knives supported by Faster Casting, Iron Will and Reduced Mana. The Added Fire Damage support gem and Hatred aura aren't used to keep Ethereal Knives producing only physical damage, which is important to avoid the damage done by elemental reflect mobs. No projectile modifiers are used because getting the proper socket colours on an armour/ES piece of gear is expensive.

I use conversion trap in place of a curse simply because it's fun to use and this is a game, have some fun. Potentially it's also still a curse and an aura and a friend! ohh wait, he's an enemy again. Lightning warp is also equipped because it's really useful. Can be swapped for vulnerability in boring areas, enfeeble in hard areas and not swapped in weird maze areas.

2300 life, 1500 energy shield
1.1-1.6k Ethereal Knives, 3-5k Molten Shell, 300-500 Tempest Shield. This is damage, not DPS.

Gameplay:
This build doesn't play like any others I've used. Energy shield will recharge while spamming molten shell and standing in the middle of large mobs. Kiting bosses is ignored instead focus is put into acquiring endurance charges for Immortal Call and simply becoming immune to their attacks. Healing is an entirely separate skill. Healing potions stay relatively strong late game because of the small and very efficient life pool. It plays very differently.

Generally a fresh round of combat starts by maxing out endurance charges with the 2 equipped Enduring Crys. Once that's done I stand basically in the middle of enemy packs ignoring all sense of self preservation casting Molten Shell when it's down and Ethereal Knives when it's up. If there are a ton of enemies around, I still have endurance charges and Enduring Cry is off cooldown I cast Immortal Call followed by 2 Enduring Crys to preserve the elemental protection they grant. If the charges are about to expire, I try to cast Immortal Call anyways, no sense letting them go to waste. Currently 7 charges gives me around 8 seconds of physical immunity, long enough to recharge most of my energy shield if no elemental attacks hit me. There are 2 more passives I'll soon take to extend this to around 10 seconds. If for some reason I don't have endurance charges, can't cast spells and need extra physical resist, a granite flask is used in place of Immortal Call. With a few endurance charges a granite will provide 90% physical reduction.

For healing I use power siphon if there are lots of monsters around. With its staggering 25-50 damage and inability to miss it will kill all the monsters in the area (granted they're near dead already) giving me powerful (useless) power charges and generally heal between 200 and 450 life instantly. I have enough available mana and regen to use it about 3 times in a row which will heal me more than half of my life pool in under 2 seconds. If it's just one enemy and I need health I might convert him and have a health potion.

Spoiler

Bosses are interesting to fight. The high block rate means most of their attacks fail outright. Bosses like Kole mostly involve accumulating 7 endurance charges, going invincible and hopefully getting 7 more before it wears off. If it does, it's time to use the granite if my energy shield isn't recovered. When ES is up I can take statistically take 12 hits. If I believe statistics like this, I'll probably die.

REFLECT MOBS
If it's physical reflect, either go invincible when using EK or only use molten shell and tempest shield. If it's elemental reflect don't use molten shell. If I need health, that attack doesn't do damage anyways.

My nemesis enemy is actually the cinder elemental. Rolly poly damage field spreading stones they are.

Possible build choice to consider
Elemental Equilibrium. I regularly block attacks and reflect lightning damage. Molten shell can then be used for a powerful strike.
Unwavering Stance. I'd rather block than dodge anyways and immunity to stun is important for the low life pool.
Golem Blood. Just enough life regeneration to counter strong chaos damage maps.
Arcane Efficiency. Might give enough mana to actually use 5-link.

If you want some gameplay footage just tell me and I'll throw it on my youtube channel or something.
Last edited by Ghudda on Mar 22, 2013, 7:37:02 PM
Bilbro_Swagginz - Infernal Blow/Cyclone Facebreaker Build
Currently lvl 67 on HC

Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0OrRR1FSAY2xmKGbQhYCLqI_YkpSfVKLUppSzpMHwyCTWGNZI6s0CgQ5xHfkp9TLFOyFFHVvpaSFs9YEtgiGFSZU1noGqTbBZuaXRBdO108XfXeu9_K4PbhNmHGYd2jb-SzZkrm7Wdqp65nyefy6p_qrirxaxHt-K5zb2BvqfAD8M6xFjEuMrTy4LOSM5x0k3TftXt1fjdDeKA6NbrFO4O707v8PxL_MU=

Build Strengths
-Build is able to deal moderately impressive solo and aoe damage
-High life, life regen, and armor
-Able to handle both physical and elemental reflect mobs
-Can kite bosses that cannot be tanked
-Can scale really well with minor improvements in gear

Build Weaknesses
-Extremely gear dependent
-May have a hard time with ranged mobs
-Struggles in late Mid-Game

Current Gear Used
Spoiler

Flasks Used
Spoiler

Gameplay
-Infernal Blow for single target mobs and elemental damage
-Should be linked with added fire, faster attacks, melee physical damage, life leech, and life on hit
-Cyclone for Aoe and physical damage
-Should be linked with concentrated effect, melee physical damage, and life on hit
-Hatred, Grace, and Clarity to have added dps, armor, and regen
-Should be linked with reduced mana
-Bear Traps to handle mobs that can't be tanked
-Enduring Cry for added survivability

Improvements
-Needs to find rings and amulets with higher resists, life, and added physical damage
-Needs to link more sockets on gear
-Could swap out foxshade for higher survivability

"
ampdecay wrote:
Cyclone Evasion 2H Axe Duelist

So this is an Evasion based melee duelist build.

The only key stone you'll be picking up is Arrow Dodging, can't have pesky projectile attacks while you're cycloning the melee enemies!

The build mostly relies on stacking as much evasion and health as you can and getting as high damage ax as you can.

The beauty of this build is cyclone provides stun immunity allowing you to go evasion and pick up arrow dodging.

Other skills include:Grace, Hatred, Dual Strike, Leap Slam, and Decoy totem.

What makes this build really stand out is its emphasis on an evasion melee duelist. I play solo and am clearing act 2 merciless no problem, I dont suspect act 3 to be much of a problem either.

Here is my tree at level 61: skill tree

and my items if anyone is interested

Spoiler

Dude, get a 5-link and throw blind on your cyclone. You'll never need defenses again.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Hey Chris I miss your voice ... please make a new BotW video
and try my witch, she is such a blast :D

Maara_the_immortal

the super tank

Skills used:

- Whirlding Blades
- Elemental Weakness
- Incinerate (or Freezing Pulse)
- Molten Shell
- Enduring Cry (2x)
- Immortal Call
- Blood Rage

Main aspect, defenses:
- I'm utiliseing quality Immortal call + quality Increased Duration + 75% increased buff duration from passives with 6 endurance charges to get 13 seconds (even 15 seconds when fully leveled) invulnerable to physical damage

- I took Chaos Inoculation so I'm immune to chaos damage
- Immune to stuns by using the Eye of Chayula onyx amulet. Can not be frozen by using the Dream Fragments unique ring.
- I have currently 88% resistance to all elements, by haven taken the Elemental Adaptation passive, using the unique shield Saffell's Frame and Purity with the Inner Force passives (purity is currently lv19, so i will have 90% when it's fully leveled), i use all three kinds of resistance flasks to boost my resistances to 100% for up to 5 seconds, because of the unique mod of the Perandus Blazon cloth belt granting 20% increased flask effect duration.

Especially the Sapphire flask is very useful against elemental reflect mobs or against being perma-chilled by cold damage.
- I took a lot Increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery passives and will take even more. So my Energy Shield can recover during the flask's 5 seconds duration.
- Using Clarity and Disipline which also benefit from the Inner Force Passives.

Passive skill tree:
My passive tree with level 72

My passive tree with level 82

I took almost no damage note on the tree so it takes me a little longer to kill enemies. But due to my high defenses it's time i have. I focused on getting as many high Energy Shield notes as possible, resistances, mana regeneration, frenzy/endurance charges and the buff notes. I took two 8% increased maximum life and +20str / 10% increased maximum life mainly because it is the shortest way but it also shortens the shock/chill/burn status effect durations on me (ralely last longer then 1 second now because i only take 12% damage if at all).

Playstyle:
Spoiler
- I use two Enduring Cry (+ Increased AoE + Faster Casting) to taunt all near by enemies, which grands me endurance charges so i can use immortal call. I then switch on Molten Shell (+ Fire penetration + AoE + Concentrated Effect) curse everything with elemental weakness (which is linked to the immortal call/increased duration combo, and benefits from the increased buff duration passives making it last 32 seconds). I then start usings Freezing Pulse (+ GMP + Mana Leech + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Iron Will) ...

(edit:
I changed my build kind of to Incinarate as main damage skill. The skill gems where in my alternative weapon slot and can be changed back any time if needed. Simply change GMP, Cold penetration and Freezing Pulse for LMP Faster Projectiles and Incinerate. Then change Fire Penetration from Molten Shell for Iron Will. The build works with both skills. But Incinarate does so much more damage and well it's the perfect match for my build. I'm standing, taking all the hits and melt everything down with 3 times increase in damage ;)

... on stronger enemies till Molten Shell breaks. Freezing Pulse is my weapon of choice because "it has the greatest effect on enemies that are right up next to the caster" and i can stand for a long time right next to strong enemies.
I recast enduring cry after Molten Shell breaks or when i need to refresh Immortal Call.
Note that i use the unique Sin Trak stealth boots so enemies can't leech life from me. This comes in handy when i get surrounded by leeching mobs and is also very nice in PvP.

i use the unique Heartbreaker dagger because it has the perfect mods for this build. It has Energy shield, and increased cool down recovery and Culling Strike which is amazing by it self.
But it is also a dagger and not a wand so i can use Whirlding Blades. I use it with faster attacks to escape if something goes wrong. Like hitting the Immortal Call bottom twice, which would be a auto death while surrounded without Whirlding Blades.

Last skill i use is of cause Blood Rage. No downside with Chaos Inoculation grating more cast speed and also attack speed which is pretty useful with Whirlding Blades.
Blood Rage like Molten Shell is a buff so it benefits from the increased buff duration.

The down sides are:
- Using a lot of necessary uniques, quality gems and off color sockets, so it's quite expansive to gear (you need at least Saffell's Frame and Eye of Chayula, but they are not the most expansive uniques).
- It is a very weak build until the endgame when all defenses are maxed out.
- Not as fast with clearing maps like some high dps builds are.

Conclusion:
This build is incredibly fun to play, especially in parties. I'm like an undieing decoy totem keeping enemies attracted to me. Freezing Pulse is chilling and freezing enemies all the time for even more save play. I took the Conduit keystone. It was on my way through the passive tree and so I'm giving endurance and frenzy charges to everyone all the time.
It also looks so very epic just not giving a shizzle while surrounded by a hole screen of enemies :D
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on May 12, 2013, 7:48:49 PM
ups double post xD
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Mar 25, 2013, 2:46:11 PM
Do you even need stun immunity, frozen immunity, and leech immunity when you're already immune to all forms of damage? :>
"
0nin wrote:
Do you even need stun immunity, frozen immunity, and leech immunity when you're already immune to all forms of damage? :>

Status ailments and stunnes are all based on life
and "For a player with Chaos Inoculation, their defender_effective_max_life is whatever their maximum life would be if they did not have Chaos Inoculation."
Idk my would-be-maximum-life but it should be something between 500-700 i guess...

so yes stun immunity!
it's the most important thing not to get interruped while casting immortal call or i die
and a CI user gets stunned very easy ;)

and yes frozen immunity!
even 10% of cold damage would ne enough to get me permafrozen in some cases

the leech immunity.... hmm not that necessary to be honest
but i love the boots, they fit in the immunity theme

well and I can't get leeched even while i'm not immune ;)

edit:
tested the leech in PvP
casters can't even leech mana when they penetrate elemental spell damage :D
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Mar 31, 2013, 5:10:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info