[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Has anyone written up a guide about how to get MF gear going?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Great guide. So far I made it to level 68.I have about 180 rarity right now, and have been farming tidal island.I have few questions. At about what level should I start farming Piety? Do I need a five link to farm Piety? What would be the best place to farm for gear/levels/masters at lvl 68? I'm still running searing bond. I figured I would switch to flame totems when my gem hits level 17.
"
CaptainKirk wrote:
Great guide. So far I made it to level 68.I have about 180 rarity right now, and have been farming tidal island.I have few questions. At about what level should I start farming Piety? Do I need a five link to farm Piety? What would be the best place to farm for gear/levels/masters at lvl 68? I'm still running searing bond. I figured I would switch to flame totems when my gem hits level 17.

If you have like 700+ dps on your totem u can farm vaal now.
But its so SCARY, im ripped yesterday. Disynq + smash = Standart.
"
CaptainKirk wrote:

I am lvl 69 with flame totem lvl 16.
Farming Piety is not a problem.
This build is working much better than the low life witch I first tried to 60 (lack of currency to buy ES gear hurts).

How are you fellas handling the stat gear requirements? I feel like I might have to make a beeline to the int nodes in the north to be able to equip scepters soon (currently 49) and this is with Perandus.
There is another flame totem build that I saw that makes a few significant changes that I think would be beneficial to a lot of players.

Currently, we leave the starting area like this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of8i-krLyfVEnSIWoeqBg=

This variation instead chooses to do this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-OfvJ_BBA==

Ultimately that saves you four points.

I have found that this along with some other changes opens up a variety of options including pushing all the way down into the witch starting area:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABAcGoBDMFCAUcRZvGGoYkRo4HRQfAiSqJbwnLyftKhMqjSu2LKc1kjbYNuk6WDrhPC09_D8nSRtKxErITeNPfVBHUWBVtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2SEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfOV-4oBWg9uHGYxGjM-PRpBVm6GezaPyplenMKeErJisqrXytz68n8AawQTE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7FXvDvFs8kX2SPau9zL31_iT-Ov5vfrS_Ev-Cv6PMjSvt4dlEFgsnFWughCPpkSr37A=

This build would put you at level 84. I've opted for a lot of life rather than extra block, but you could easily trade some life nodes for block nodes if you wanted.

Once you commit to going all the way with it, the Witch starting area offers so much damage. It's much more efficient than either Arsonist or Totemic Fury.

Now, I will admit that this may not be a good move if you actually have double Andvarius. While I agree that this should be an end goal of the build, Andvarius is really expensive now. It's 2-3 ex on rampage and 3.5-4 ex on beyond for a low roll. Most users of this build probably don't have the funds for that at the moment (and tbh I question the wisdom of spending that much on magic find items).

Without the huge hit of andvarius it's extremely easy to cap your resists. The master system makes it so easy to patch any holes in your stats and resists that getting so much resist on the tree seems to me like even more of a waste.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
swarmofseals wrote:
There is another flame totem build that I saw that makes a few significant changes that I think would be beneficial to a lot of players.

Currently, we leave the starting area like this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-Of8i-krLyfVEnSIWoeqBg=

This variation instead chooses to do this:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_7w4nL-OfvJ_BBA==

Ultimately that saves you four points.

I have found that this along with some other changes opens up a variety of options including pushing all the way down into the witch starting area:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABAcGoBDMFCAUcRZvGGoYkRo4HRQfAiSqJbwnLyftKhMqjSu2LKc1kjbYNuk6WDrhPC09_D8nSRtKxErITeNPfVBHUWBVtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2SEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfOV-4oBWg9uHGYxGjM-PRpBVm6GezaPyplenMKeErJisqrXytz68n8AawQTE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7FXvDvFs8kX2SPau9zL31_iT-Ov5vfrS_Ev-Cv6PMjSvt4dlEFgsnFWughCPpkSr37A=

This build would put you at level 84. I've opted for a lot of life rather than extra block, but you could easily trade some life nodes for block nodes if you wanted.

Once you commit to going all the way with it, the Witch starting area offers so much damage. It's much more efficient than either Arsonist or Totemic Fury.

Now, I will admit that this may not be a good move if you actually have double Andvarius. While I agree that this should be an end goal of the build, Andvarius is really expensive now. It's 2-3 ex on rampage and 3.5-4 ex on beyond for a low roll. Most users of this build probably don't have the funds for that at the moment (and tbh I question the wisdom of spending that much on magic find items).

Without the huge hit of andvarius it's extremely easy to cap your resists. The master system makes it so easy to patch any holes in your stats and resists that getting so much resist on the tree seems to me like even more of a waste.

looks good but one bad thing is dex. i think u need ~115dex for gems and 90 is a lot for rings/neck
and no hp regen. with ~5500 hp u will have only 60-70 hp/s and totems cost 230 + 2x curse. not fun to play
Last edited by Dobermann83 on Aug 31, 2014, 11:32:03 PM
"
Dobermann83 wrote:

looks good but one bad thing is dex. i think u need ~115dex for gems and 90 is a lot for rings/neck

It's really not that bad. I have 30 on my helm, 33 on a ring and I added 19 to the other ring with a cheap crafting mod. I'll need a bit more eventually but it shouldn't be a big problem.

I don't use Perandus Blazon but that can have up to 30 on it right there.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Love the build, lvl 53 and just killing stuff with 5L dps for crap and 4L with rarity...Beyond and yawning :)
thanks for the build - Would never ever go BM if not for this guide :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info