[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
nakieon wrote:
Hey, I've been doing this build in Beyond and am up to 68. I'm just about to switch over to Flame Totems after leveling all of the appropriate gems etc. I was wondering...for the culling totem why doesn't OP go FT+Cull+IIR+IIQ? I'm assuming GMP is way too good to pass up, but it is quite an expensive gem so I was wondering if it's really worth it to go FT+Cull+IIR+GMP. Maybe LMP would work as a cheaper alternative? But still, how can you pass up IIQ?

you can't get iiq anymore.
"
buks wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
Hey, I've been doing this build in Beyond and am up to 68. I'm just about to switch over to Flame Totems after leveling all of the appropriate gems etc. I was wondering...for the culling totem why doesn't OP go FT+Cull+IIR+IIQ? I'm assuming GMP is way too good to pass up, but it is quite an expensive gem so I was wondering if it's really worth it to go FT+Cull+IIR+GMP. Maybe LMP would work as a cheaper alternative? But still, how can you pass up IIQ?

you can't get iiq anymore.

Whoops... I have not been up to date on the game :) Thanks!
"
expjah wrote:
"
Dobermann83 wrote:
first thx for ur build but i have 1 stupid question: how do u use Divination Distillate? i am 77 now with 5100hp and my lifereg is so high.. i cant use them. first i try to spam my totem but no chance, then i dropt a few liferegen nodes but still its very hard to lose any life. and most of time i cant spam totems and hit my flask button fast enough because the flame totems kill them too fast -.-

You gotta fine tune the regen but you could try to spam curses with extra added links, tho when i had divination my totems costed around 350mana, now with new patch its 230~ with 6l at max lvl gems i think.

I was at sometimes running through maps with like 80% flask uptime due to it refilling and me replacing totems and keeping myself at 90% health, tho this was quite easy with 6l 350health cost.

after removing some lifereg nodes my reg is only 200 but it was still imossible to lose hp with totems.
but with my flamabillity+ inc aoe+inc duration + lvl 1 bm it cost me 293mp and i can use my potion :) thx
I'm having a blast with this build on my Templar on Standard, just made it yesterday. I have about 5.2k 3hp with 105% IIR and can do like 84% IIQ maps. I did a bunch of 71 maps yesterday with 80+ IIQ, and it was so much easier than my Shockwave Totem build in Rampage because I can take a lot of hits with this build, also no mob desync. I did the Temple map and got 2 uniques, which was also pretty cool. My totems do 2.2k dmg atm, and I have 28% Phys reduction, 58% with Granite Flask. I was also running Herald of Ice, which I think could be good with Mortal Conviction.

Gear

We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Last edited by Constraint on Aug 26, 2014, 2:40:44 PM
Hey I wonder what mods you run on your flasks? I saw the video, 2x health, 1x granite, 1x quicksilver and 1x divination distillate, but I'm curious what mods you run.
I decided on Marauder and have been enjoying this so far in Beyond. I'm up to Merciless and getting ready to swap to flame totems.... soon.

One question:

Is it completely insane to run RF with this in hardcore? I have never played a RF build before but I'd think that it could work well with flame totems. The More Spell Damage would be huge, and the passive damage aura can't hurt either.

It would obviously require some gear -- you'd need Rise of the Phoenix and Alpha's Howl along with purity of fire which you'd likely run off Mortal Conviction. It should cost 11% with MC, Reduced Mana and Alpha's.

Since we get Barbarism anyway, we can count on 88% fire resist with the above mentioned setup (89% with empower or level 21 purity). It'd be difficult to get enough life regen without Vitality as well, but it's doable in theory.

I imagine though as someone with no experience with RF that there are pitfalls that I'm not considering.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Can confirm now that The Dark Seer is pretty damn sweet for this build. It keeps rares and magic mobs blinded very consistently!
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Im currently following this guide for rampage league.
Im level 51, here is my feed back if interested:

Leveling up I was using leap slap + life gain on hit till level 31 or so.
I then got a flame totem gem and started using that on the side with my leap slap till about level 40.
At around that level I found a 4link armour and I put flame totem + gmp + faster projectiles + faster casting. My dps is (I think off the top of my head) around 400 or 500 for flame totem. Im up to the ledge in merciless and im level 51. ive pretty much solod the game easily to this point.

Most of my items have been self found, only things I look for on items are +life and +res. My weapon has +51% spell damage.
At level 51 I have 3k hp and 30+ fire lightning 75 cold res in merciless...this is with crap gear. Ive died about 3 times due to either lagging while running through an area or doms blood rain attack thing.

Pros:
You dont die, survivability of this build is amazing.
Flame totem (at my level so far) with the 4 links I have clears out everything for me. Its amazing.

Cons:
Damage sucks in big parties. Well at least it feels like it does.

When I get to higher level/gwt better gear/more links ill post more feedback.
Awesome guide,

I am looking for the skill tree paths, does anyone have a low level one say to 20 or 30? thanks!
"
terferi wrote:
Awesome guide,

I am looking for the skill tree paths, does anyone have a low level one say to 20 or 30? thanks!

Well at level 31 i started using flame totem so you should be able to get the ancestral bond by then.

Just follow the 1.2 preview to the ancestral bond and you will do fine!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info