[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Afura wrote:

There are no dumb questions :)

Thats no problem, I am playing this build like you in softcore and not in hardcore. In softcore you can drop some life nodes and take some damage nodes or take something else you need for it, I will probably take some resistances and damage nodes.

Ah, well thanks for the response anyways :), another question?
When do you think I should transition into grabbing IIR/IIQ gear?

Currently level 45, almost into Merc. All resists are capped and have 2k HP.
None of my gear has any iir or iiq though.
Creator
Last edited by sSasori on Aug 23, 2014, 10:17:55 PM
Hi all,

I have been working on shockwave totem in beyond and am not really liking it all that much. Maybe I'm just frustrated after ripping to normal Caliga Imperatrix who somehow hit me for 1000 damage in one attack!

I have a couple of questions and thoughts about the flame totem build:

1. With the mana cost reductions in the new patch is it still necessary to take blood magic? What about if you skip the Leather and Steel detour in favor of Shamanistic Fury etc. which takes you through Shaper?

2. Have any of you tried Herald of Ice? The added flat damage seems like it would work well with flame totem.

3. What are the advantages of a Marauder start vs. a Witch or Templar start?

Here is a version of the Marauder tree based on removing Leather and Steel. It could easily go for double curse first instead of Shamanistic Fury. I'm trying to maintain the same level of +%life. I picked up Elemental Equilibrium because this should provide a ton of extra damage along with the lightning/cold trap setup.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL57N7w6nMLyfFHEUIPjr379QR-oYGJH3MnKprKpZ8yftKhPAGvxLxPZaK5BVZp5sFjwtLKenhPrShxnGrqPyGjg26RDMtz4kquNqK7b-ChZvjEbYvfiTNZK18m6qSsg_J2SEBqD5vRRNBLOiAPAfAnFKxHhp9q5M_69sxYp-4k99gFZRYNIhah6oGPIvpKxUSWP9Bg4Dxgn2xBX56EGHKPqCx5it6-6a4FNSRZ24k9H9p5TyRTrhpldN4w==

Here is a variation based on a Templar start:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVuLjEbX7SDhc13G3fNgbbaGfVN65udq1HyCmylP5CLjajbpJKoWbxps-tLAGmaekFWnhBo4nYCDOBRNBLMCcfAfogBZ8yoTWissp6PyrKqHGWwW_Esn7Z2upwi4k9H9p5Tr7lNSRZ2a4Pnogsco-rc-QYfYvf4KNZL5vQagZIQ_J0rIbqq18pit_o9N46ZXOuHyRY9Gm6H316yYg9tVxjpY8Ww22EkbKo3sVfiTjEYrthDMxq5qQ8BUvOprF5UgLR9MswQHCPQ=

The differences between the two are as follows:

Marauder: +10% life, +2.8% life regen, +8% block, +40% armour, +2% evasion, +10% totem physical damage reduction, +2% totem cast speed, +21% totem summon speed, -20% crit multiplier received, blood magic

Templar: +95% damage, 2% fire pen, +60% mana regen, +44% mana, +6% cast speed, -7% skill cost, no blood magic

So basically you are trading some survivability for a LOT of damage and the freedom from blood magic, which should allow you to run auras.

I don't think that quite tells the whole story though. From this point, the Templar build is in a position to snap up a bunch of good stuff with little to no traveling whereas the Marauder build has to travel a bit. With the final points Marauder can grab another 103% damage along with double curse and 2% fire penetration whereas Templar can grab the 8% block, double curse, 122% damage and 6% cast speed.

Thoughts?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
swarmofseals wrote:

1.) BM is the way to go, we have been discussing that in the last couple pages. Read them. Check the build I linked, I get SF anyways.

2.) Haven't tried, don't think it's needed, also... BM is the way to go.

3.) You can get BM earlier, thus making leveling easier. Damage at mid 80's are great anyways, no need for the additional spell dmg from witch start... LvL100 build might get them with marauder start anyways. Templar is meh.

EE is just a waste imo. takes time for you to drop traps, by the time you do drop them I usually would kill that pack anyways. Haven't gotten double curse yet but I believe it will be just enough to melt bosses so getting EE is waste of points IMO.

The thing you need to understand is that you won't have enough mana and mana regen with the builds you linked. I haven't got a high q flame totem yet but they do die to some crazy beyond mobs and you need to place them back asap. Being mana based means you need more specific gear which is more expensive and it's just not good. :D Gotta believe me, BM is the way to go. Your templar tree doesn't even have Ironwood. You absolutely need all the totem nodes.

I like that you don't get Leather and Steal, as I mentioned earlier I think it's wasted points as well. You might need another dex node tho to run max lvl GMP/FP/Temp Chains, etc...

I really don't see the potential in that templar tree.

Gonna tell you one more time: marauder BM is the way to go if you wanna go MFing efficiently :-)
Can u post something like a skill tree progress? 1-30 30-60 60-80 endgame. Something like this would be really cool :)
Dont know if it has already been said but if you run herald of ice the flat damage applies to the totems adding a nice bit of free damage, by linking it to reduced mana you also only reserve around 7% hp? Since these new auras/buffs act very differently to the old ones (hatred) i am wondering if anyone knows how they interact with the gem blind. As in does it apply on the base damage it adds or only when the explosion via shatter damage is proceed.
OK, I will absolutely take your word for it about the necessity of blood magic, which indeed makes Marauder a better start.

Speaking of Blind, I wonder if The Dark Seer would be a reasonable weapon for this build. The 7% chance to blind enemies on hit should trigger a lot given how quickly the flame totems hit, and this could provide some pretty substantial survivability I'd think. The damage isn't the best, but at a top roll (50%) plus the implicit you're still looking at a respectable 65%. Sadly the mana/ES on kill doesn't benefit us at all.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
CrimPlok wrote:
Can u post something like a skill tree progress? 1-30 30-60 60-80 endgame. Something like this would be really cool :)

Check page 30, insomniacs post.
Creator
first thx for ur build but i have 1 stupid question: how do u use Divination Distillate? i am 77 now with 5100hp and my lifereg is so high.. i cant use them. first i try to spam my totem but no chance, then i dropt a few liferegen nodes but still its very hard to lose any life. and most of time i cant spam totems and hit my flask button fast enough because the flame totems kill them too fast -.-
"
Dobermann83 wrote:
first thx for ur build but i have 1 stupid question: how do u use Divination Distillate? i am 77 now with 5100hp and my lifereg is so high.. i cant use them. first i try to spam my totem but no chance, then i dropt a few liferegen nodes but still its very hard to lose any life. and most of time i cant spam totems and hit my flask button fast enough because the flame totems kill them too fast -.-

You gotta fine tune the regen but you could try to spam curses with extra added links, tho when i had divination my totems costed around 350mana, now with new patch its 230~ with 6l at max lvl gems i think.

I was at sometimes running through maps with like 80% flask uptime due to it refilling and me replacing totems and keeping myself at 90% health, tho this was quite easy with 6l 350health cost.
"
expjah wrote:
"
Dobermann83 wrote:

You gotta fine tune the regen but you could try to spam curses with extra added links, tho when i had divination my totems costed around 350mana, now with new patch its 230~ with 6l at max lvl gems i think.

I was at sometimes running through maps with like 80% flask uptime due to it refilling and me replacing totems and keeping myself at 90% health, tho this was quite easy with 6l 350health cost.

i have a six link and at lvl 17 gems it is only 189 mana and my regen is 270...
atm i need to activate an aura like vitality+reduce mana = 30% life lose
Last edited by Dobermann83 on Aug 24, 2014, 7:41:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info