Coral Amulet, % life regen?

"
Spysong192 wrote:
I still don´t see one single argument with a good example of why 1% regen on an amy should be considered OP.

White coral amulet with 1% base regen BIS for all rf/hp/bm/zealots/whatever builds.

/thread
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Apr 5, 2014, 6:59:07 AM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
I still don´t see one single argument with a good example of why 1% regen on an amy should be considered OP.

Not exactly OP, but terribly convenient for some builds and availability of the stat should be taken into consideration, as it is regen is limited to passive tree and uniques and some would have to be reworked as the bonus would be imbalanced.

See this

Everything considered, coral amulet could have percentage regen, but 0,5% at most at the current state of the game, maybe in 0,4 to 0,6% range, it wouldn't be useless at high level but it wouldn't be too good either.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
"
Spysong192 wrote:

White coral amulet with 1% base regen BIS for all rf/hp/bm/zealots/whatever builds.

/thread

RF = only thing i´m not sure how much nodes a generic build would really safe
HP/BM = will mostly take carnage, if block build = anvil, lazhwar
Zealots = I don´t know a single build right now that uses this node but i would guess it would be a CI build so = Chayula
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
raics wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:

Not exactly OP, but terribly convenient for some builds and availability of the stat should be taken into consideration, as it is regen is limited to passive tree and uniques and some would have to be reworked as the bonus would be imbalanced.

See this

Everything considered, coral amulet could have percentage regen, but 0,5% at most at the current state of the game, maybe in 0,4 to 0,6% range, it wouldn't be useless at high level but it wouldn't be too good either.

I think rebalancing this unique wouldn´t be a bad thing to start with but you´re right about convenience and that´s what this is all about. Making the coral amy something more worth than it is now. And i´m not convinced yet that coral would be BIS considering that the stat requirement for future acts on items will rise so that stat requirements will matter more making you decide if you need stats on an amy or the 1%.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Apr 5, 2014, 7:32:26 AM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
"
Spysong192 wrote:

/thread

RF = only thing i´m not sure how much nodes a generic build would really safe
HP/BM = will mostly take carnage, if block build = anvil, lazhwar
Zealots = I don´t know a single build right now that uses this node but i would guess it would be a CI build so = Chayula

I'm just naming afew. But you get the idea. Even any casual builds who uses rare amulets/dont need specific unique amulets. Who wouldn't want something implicit they cant roll in the explicit mods on amulets. we have mana regen/flat hp regen/attributes/rarity all rollable on rare amulets. but not %regen. see what I mean by availability. Even i play an RF build and i think that 1% is OP lol.
Build:
"

Basically, attributes on the tree are almost in abundance. Whereas %regen nodes are scattered throughout the whole tree, they do not congregate at one specific class starting spot. What makes players travel the tree to get those %regen nodes? Because they are OP. Doesn't that explain enough. :/ And furthermore, %Regen scales with your hp, its not a flat value. How is that not op? slap on your GG gear with 70-100 hp and get just 3-4% regen node and you can see the difference yourself. Just equipping a
from 219 to 274 on my 11% pure regen build.

Do you even know what the word OP means? Saying that regen nodes are OP puts a serious doubt at your understanding of OP word.

Attributes are almost in abundance? Is that why I as a Duelist/Marauder have a hard time getting my INT to 150? Or with Marauder to get DEX over 150?
"Base" attributes are in abundance, such as STR for Marauders, etc.
Other attributes are in the same (or worse) position than regen nodes on the tree, meaning that there are more regen nodes than INT nodes in Marauder/Duelist area.

Let me get to this... 1% on amulet is OP, but 3-4% regen nodes are "just". Meaning, if 4% is just and 1% on amulet is OP, one would increase his regen by 25%. In 5k life build, regen would increase from 200 to 250.
Where in the hell is that OP?

OP = overpowered.
Just to clarify.

"

Like Spysong replied to that, this is nothing but a false claim.

The only build that would find 1% the best implicit would be RF, and that can be taken care of.

So no, you still have absolutely no argument(s) on why 1% would be OP.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 5, 2014, 8:02:21 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"

Basically, attributes on the tree are almost in abundance. Whereas %regen nodes are scattered throughout the whole tree, they do not congregate at one specific class starting spot. What makes players travel the tree to get those %regen nodes? Because they are OP. Doesn't that explain enough. :/ And furthermore, %Regen scales with your hp, its not a flat value. How is that not op? slap on your GG gear with 70-100 hp and get just 3-4% regen node and you can see the difference yourself. Just equipping a
from 219 to 274 on my 11% pure regen build.

Do you even know what the word OP means? Saying that regen nodes are OP puts a serious doubt at your understanding of OP word.

Attributes are almost in abundance? Is that why I as a Duelist/Marauder have a hard time getting my INT to 150? Or with Marauder to get DEX over 150?
"Base" attributes are in abundance, such as STR for Marauders, etc.
Other attributes are in the same (or worse) position than regen nodes on the tree, meaning that there are more regen nodes than INT nodes in Marauder/Duelist area.

Let me get to this... 1% on amulet is OP, but 3-4% regen nodes are "just". Meaning, if 4% is just and 1% on amulet is OP, one would increase his regen by 25%. In 5k life build, regen would increase from 200 to 250.
Where in the hell is that OP?

OP = overpowered.
Just to clarify.

"

Like Spysong replied to that, this is nothing but a false claim.

The only build that would find 1% the best implicit would be RF, and that can be taken care of.

So no, you still have absolutely no argument(s) on why 1% would be OP.

Lol, am done. 50 hp compared to 4 hp. Go figure. and that is with only 5k hp builds. gg builds hitting 7-9k hp, what now? :/ The thing is, % regen stacks with your max life, while flat regen does not. tell me anything that doesn't scale well is not op. :/ just because only you are able to find a general and not so effective way to use something, does not mean its not op. You gotta think of the majority of people min/maxing their stuffs.
Build:
"

Lol, am done. 50 hp compared to 4 hp. Go figure. and that is with only 5k hp builds. gg builds hitting 7-9k hp, what now? :/ The thing is, % regen stacks with your max life, while flat regen does not. tell me anything that doesn't scale well is not op. :/ just because only you are able to find a general and not so effective way to use something, does not mean its not op. You gotta think of the majority of people min/maxing their stuffs.

So you're saying that 4 life/sec regen is fine? Because, in order for 50 to be OP compared to 4, 4 has to be fine.

Nothing now, the life/sec goes up accordingly, as it should.

I will tell you that anything that scales well is not OP, it's good.
With your logic, life nodes are OP, damage nodes are OP, etc.
This is actually pointless, because you have no idea what OP means, even though I've said what it means.

You're done, I'll wait for the next one who'll argue that 1% regen is OP.
I wont argue that it would be OP... it would be 1% MORE and that's the problem. The reason you want it on the amulet is because it's an expensive and limited resource. You're comparing it to mods that aren't expensive nor limited.

Your argument isn't valid.

There are already too many ways to get health regen. Leech, elemental leech, life on hit, health regen, potions...

Making it easier to regen health isn't going to make the game more interesting.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I wont argue that it would be OP... it would be 1% MORE and that's the problem. The reason you want it on the amulet is because it's an expensive and limited resource. You're comparing it to mods that aren't expensive nor limited.

Your argument isn't valid.

There are already too many ways to get health regen. Leech, elemental leech, life on hit, health regen, potions...

Making it easier to regen health isn't going to make the game more interesting.

Wrong, I never said I want that 1%. I've said why it wouldn't be OP.
If life regen is a limited resource, then what isn't? Life is a limited resource, attributes are, etc.
Tell me how exactly is life regen limited and crit chance isn't?

And junk, useless mods are making the game more interesting, noted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info