PoE Unique Item Generator - Create your own unique item

xddd

what up cuzz
My previous posts: 1, 2, 3.

The items I have created tend to be centered around two builds. The first is a Summoner or Minion Master, the second a sort of Cleric (damage-dealing healer/support). Aside from those two builds, I have also created a number of one-off gimmick unique items, occasionally two or three that are meant to accent one-another.

Spoiler
Hierophant Hold is a piece of body armour with fairly decent Energy Shield (complete with Energy Shield Regeneration), lots of Mana and Mana Regeneration, and high Intelligence for those who need it. Not much else to say, though it does reserve some life and cannot be used with Chaos Inoculation. The main selling point is probably the Energy Shield Regeneration, as that can be enhanced with Zealot's Oath and Life Regeneration (plus Vitality and Regeneration Totem) for some added survivability.

Spoiler
Mystagogue is a shield with decent Energy Shield. It is an alternative to Chalice of Horrors and Wheel of the Stormsail, as a Curse shield. It has reduced Light Radius, and increases the effect/duration of Curses on you. However, this is the cost of allowing you and your allies to Blind on hit. Not only that, it allows for permanent Curses (which was removed from the Passive Skill Tree in Patch 1.2.0).

Spoiler
Pontifex Plank is a beefy Armour shield with 50 to Strength and double the life of most other high-life items (+200 as opposed to the +100 of Lioneye's Remorse, for example). It has fairly decent Block Recovery and Block Chance as well. Finally, it provides a nice +4 to Strength gems.

Spoiler
Brightshine initially started out as an Auric Mace that, you guessed it, gives you a free Aura. The idea was that it would reserve 10% of Life and provide you with a unique aura (something like Death's Oath, but more defensive than offensive). As I was creating it, this idea was lost and the mace instead became light-themed with Accuracy and Light Radius, as well as the ability to Blind on Hit. The unique effect of illuminating nearby enemies appears visually like the Inner Sight skill from Diablo II, as it makes them glow and allows you to see them easier in dark areas. I also toyed with the idea of this mace highlighting unique monsters on the minimap, but ultimately decided against it.

Spoiler
Valkyrieis a decent bow, first in a series of themed items originally intended for a potential death-avoidance build. Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Accuracy and Dexterity are all pretty basic. What makes this item unique is the ability it grants, causing you to teleport randomly upon receiving a Critical Strike. This is intended to be helpful when surrounded by a mob or taking too many hits from a unique monster. It is meant to distance you from melee attackers while you fire away at them. Unfortunately, this can be a risky bow to wield if you don't know what you're doing. The teleport distance is no further than your average Movement skill.

Spoiler
Valhalla is the second in the series, a body armour with Armour and Evasion Rating. It grants Strength and Dexterity, as well as some Life on Hit/Kill (though nowhere near Atziri's Splendour). The unique and potentially very sought-after ability to avoid death on a killing blow is mitigated by the low percentage. It is not by itself Hardcore-viable, but can be a potential life-savor, literally. I thought of reducing it from 2-3% to just 1% to nerf it, or increasing it to 5-8% (perhaps as high as 10%) to make it Hardcore-viable. I would have to see how it works ingame and determine whether it is too low or too high. It shouldn't be something you rely on in Hardcore to avoid death, but something that can potentially save you from a RIP that wasn't a fault of your own (such as loss of internet connection or desync).

Spoiler
Spakona is a Quiver, the final installment in my Norse bow-user series. It provides Stun Duration, Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold, and some minor Projectule Speed/Damage. The big mod is a 50% Chance of Culling Strike which is applied to every individual arrow. Altogether, the build focuses on theoretical increased death avoidance for yourself with the bow and armour, and heoretical reduced death avoidance for enemies with the quiver which provides Culling Strike chance.

Spoiler
Ordain Will is another item in my potential Cleric build, a healer of sorts. Intelligence and Energy Shield are pretty basic. The helmet is intended to mainly provide higher DPS against Undead of any kind. It grants a sort of Turn Undead, with 25% Chance to Cause Undead Monsters to Flee. Additionally, all strikes against Undead are Critical Strikes while wearing this helmet. It also increases Physical Damage against Undead, and mitigates some Physical Damage dealt by Undead. There was a final mod that I had on the item, which I found to be potentially too OP. It prevented Undead from being Raised or Summoned (such as by Necromancers/Reanimators or Totems/Shrines/Exiles). I ultimately decided against this mod at the last moment.

Spoiler
Devotion is a shield with Armour, Energy Shield, Life and Block Chance. It also has Spell Block and Projectile block, both at a percentage. Finally, it creates Consecrated Ground on Block. Consecrated Ground is a great asset to my Cleric build. The 40% Block Chance of the shield, combined with more Block Chance from the Passive Skill Tree, should be enough to trigger the Consecrated Ground almost as often as Zahndethus' Cassock.

Spoiler
Faith Indoctrine are a pair of gloves with Energy Shield and Mana as basic mods. Part of my Cleric build, the gloves provide Global Critical Strike chance in order to trigger its two primary mods: the ability to Convert monsters on Critical Hit and Dominate monsters on kill (more crits = more DPS = more/faster kills = more Dominate).

Spoiler
Sycophant Cage is my latest Summoner item. It is reminiscent of Ancestral Bond, in that while wearing it you cannot deal damage with your skills yourself. The upside is that you gain +1 to maximum number of all minions (Zombies, Skeletons, Vaal Skeletons, Spectres, Animated Guardians). Yes, you read that right, +1 maximum Animated Guardians! It should also add +1 to maximum Raging Spirits, thoguh the limit for that is pretty high already (50). Dominated and Animated Weapons have no limit. Minions also have +1 to Unarmed and Weapon range. Finally, the armour causes a small percentage of damage to be taken from Minion Life (dispersed among all of your minions) before your Life. If you have the max roll for the mod (3%) and 1 Zombie, that zombie takes 3% of the damage dealt to you instead. If you have 10 Zombies, each takes .3% of the damage dealt to you instead. The more minions you have out does not affect how much damage is dealt to you, but dispersing the damage among more minions allows for greater survivability of the minions themselves whiel still benefitting you.
Last edited by pioruneks on Oct 15, 2014, 5:53:27 PM
"
sparkatus wrote:
"
warpod wrote:

The winner :)
best by far
"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
"
sparkatus wrote:
"
warpod wrote:

The winner :)
best by far

it does have an effect

"Can be vendored for 2 alteration shards."
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
My first one.
Flavour text not entirely by me.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Oct 16, 2014, 3:59:01 AM
"

Spoiler
Slave Hold is another Minion-boosting item. In this case, rather than the focus on Zombies that Mon'tregul's Grasp has, or my previous concoction Skeleton Secret and its focus on Skeletons... this one focuses on Spectres. It grants a large (4 to 6) increase in Spectres, but prevents you from using Zombies (when you try to raise a Zombie, you raise a Spectre instead). I imagine GGG could possibly tweak it so that your Spectres gain the bonuses your Zombies would have had, if you combine it with Mon'tregul's Grasp. If not, then Slave Hold would render Mon'tregul's Grasp mostly useless. The best part about Slave Hold, and what makes up for the lack of Zombies, is that you can raise Magic and Rare monsters as Spectres. This means your Spectres can have the mods of the Magic or Rare monsters you raise them from. I toyed with the idea of it working on Uniques as well, but ultimately decided that would make it super OP.

This item by itself will make your summoner into the meaning of invincibility. And here's why:
1. Roll a map with Nemesis mod.
2. Go inside map and kill some rares while not equipping the gloves.
3. Wear gloves and summon Proximity Shield, Storm Herald, Soul Eater, Haste Aura, Energy Shield Aura, Life Regen Aura.
4. !!!!!
5. ROFLSTOMP EVERYTHING.

You can wear leveling gears and still do Uber easily. Namely Tabula, Skullhead, Matua, and Ullr. End game slap on Midnight and Vis.

But then the gloves will cost like 999 mirrors or sth.
"
naMgnihguaLwrote:
My previous posts: 1, 2, 3.

The items I have created tend to be centered around two builds. The first is a Summoner or Minion Master, the second a sort of Cleric (damage-dealing healer/support). Aside from those two builds, I have also created a number of one-off gimmick unique items, occasionally two or three that are meant to accent one-another.

I followed your Posts and thought about them. There are quiet good. I like the most (almost all!!!) of your ideas and that you "take pains" to write a large description. Keep it Going!
One of my favourite set is the "surviving-set" with "Valkyrie" an "Valhalla"!
"
Do not let yourself be compromised.
I love maps, so I went and made something that I don't think has been touched before... I could be wrong

I personally think the amount of danger is worth the amount of loot you get from this.

1000-1500% rarity is more than enough to satisfy the fact you're literally walking in blind
The quantity is small because Quantity is OP. But the amount of danger in the map makes up for it.

The traps are to justify having so many large chests
Traps can be any of the following:
Puncture
Bear
Fire
Tar
Poison Cloud
Ice Nova
LMP Freezing Pulse
Boulder (Those rocks that fall during Vaal/Vagan fights) Just one rock of course, easily avoidable
Arctic Breath

This map is meant to be stupidly dangerous, but stupidly rewarding

The elemental and physical damage modifiers also affects traps

Thoughts?
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Oct 18, 2014, 3:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info