[inv]Elemental Crit Split Arrow build - The Potential of Windripper !

In invasion the Ek spider does hurt because EK is a spell with physical damage, still, i can easily run or logout if i meet that boss.
Not gonna spent 5 nodes to have a chance to dodge an attack :)

I like split arrow more, for LA u need LMP, split is already multiple projectiles.
"
In invasion the Ek spider does hurt because EK is a spell with physical damage, still, i can easily run or logout if i meet that boss.
Not gonna spent 5 nodes to have a chance to dodge an attack :)

I like split arrow more, for LA u need LMP, split is already multiple projectiles.

Yes, the split arrow set-up does not require LMP, but on the other hand LA has an built-in "three targets hit". When playing it the LAs really hit everything on the whole screen going forth and back between targets, with SA I do not see this behaviour, but maybe this is just animation.
IGN: MyrcellaMartell
Hello,

really gratz on your build. I tried a similar build at the start of the league (Invasion), but I finally died. Anyway I was undergeared, and very squishy, so I deserved to die :s

I was wondering if a build without BM gem would be viable / in short I'd like a crit elem archer using mana. The idea would be to use EB coupled with some mana regen, mana nodes.

If I'm not mistaken SA is a low mana attack (12 mana at level 20), with a base of 5 link:
- SA 1*
- LGOH .5*
- Chain 1*
- WEAP .5*
- Faster Attack .15*
It should be 37.8 per cast. Assuming a .25 attack speed it is a multipied by 4, with a .2 by 5.
37.8*5= 189 mana per second.

Basically this is a kind of mana regen I'm used to have on my MoM characters, 250mana/sec is achievable with nice jewellery.

A high mana regen also allows to run a max lvl arctic armor. Last but not least, we should be able to use MoM to complete our defense. Basically with MoM we couldn't use Grace or any % aura more than our 2* elemental aura. In short, we would run Anger+Wrath+Clarity.

The tricky part with EB/MoM archer is we can't use a shield, nor acrobatics (cause it cut in half the mana/es gain), also Alpha seems to be mandatory for the aura, same goes for maligaro crit wise.
Overall it leaves us with the body armor and boots to get ES/MANA. Cloak of Defiance chest would save use several passive points, though I'm not convienced it would be a wise choice given the fact Cloak of Defiance provides a relatively low ES. I was thinking of using a solid hybrid armor with 400-500ish es. Unfortunatly with my witch archer build MoM is way too far, so Cloak of Defiance would become 100% mandatory.

I would like to know if my build seems viable for you. The basic is saving 1 gem (BM) by using mana regen, getting enough mana regen to sustain the cost, using MoM as an additional defense.
Of course all this supposes to drop acrobatics and the high evasion aspect.

I have 2* very different passives tree ideas:
Spoiler

Witch.
I'd struggle with dex and accuracy, but I takes all power charges to get a total of 7; thus as the 5th link I'd use Power Charge on Crit (+350% with a 10% crit weap means +35% crit chance).
This build is way too high level, though I'm not sure what passive I should drop.

edit: The central power charge I grab requires 3 points, 50/3 = 16.67. In short, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I prefer this build over the ranger one because the life/unreserved mana would be way higher. But as I haven't ever played this kind of character I don't really know how bad would be the dex/accuracy problem. Anyway I like the idea of playing a archer witch :D

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFR5Awj0MYiLeqcr4vc74W0ZLR_B80yzoqOCHlAwf8YPxNsLHNwnqX5ZEZY7fJMn8XZabZ2jDkhwu7jKtAzcVyQ8_KvjhJ2qoi7ZE0Zx6roelKdcXvrAUWNDYqxQQi9v4YiDCTyOrD9JUY_68-pw1dadjDYdqlfJSTtwUha_VUvlGf5JKPo2eyaVbXu0OOvutKO1SPv1uJN6qqcImuDa3Z2uj0ZFnRps0NCBSeQiGYXz3c9lsjgpTySqVcZmT4V97DiCmzbpFm8aOFfi42qnhHflMomQVQSzFE3wHwJxogA=

As for now this is pure theorycrafting, I can't afford to get the required items. I would be able to buy Windripper with my currency, but that's it. I need to kill piety 100000* times more. I have seen 3* alpha drop from her so far, so maybe next time it is for me ^^

edit: I forgot to say that I'm playing in Invasion. My build ideas may seem overtanky for solfcore guys.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 9, 2014, 6:00:24 AM
While the idea will probably work, till some point, there's a few major factors from my build you're missing:

- no acrobatics, no grace, you're gonna take a whole lot of damage.
With my build I get hit once in 3 to 5 strikes which gives me plenty time to heal because of LGoH , or because of using a potion. Arctic armour will just reduce the damage you take (which will still be A LOT because of low armour/evasion) and you will probably take almost every hit instead of evading most.

Reflect will also become an issue since you won't have any evasion.

People need to realize the essence of the high evasion that I go for.
To make it more clear: I'd rather have 5k hp with 15K evasion rating, than 12k hp and 4k evasion rating.

Even now in party's with 12k split arrow I'm still shooting carelessly into reflect packs.

I think mana based you're better of going Phys Crit Split with a harbinger. It's easier to run on mana because you can take the mind drinker (mana leech) node on the tree and maybe even get some on gear.
"
While the idea will probably work, till some point, there's a few major factors from my build you're missing:

- no acrobatics, no grace, you're gonna take a whole lot of damage.
With my build I get hit once in 3 to 5 strikes which gives me plenty time to heal because of LGoH , or because of using a potion. Arctic armour will just reduce the damage you take (which will still be A LOT because of low armour/evasion) and you will probably take almost every hit instead of evading most.

Reflect will also become an issue since you won't have any evasion.

People need to realize the essence of the high evasion that I go for.
To make it more clear: I'd rather have 5k hp with 15K evasion rating, than 12k hp and 4k evasion rating.

Even now in party's with 12k split arrow I'm still shooting carelessly into reflect packs.

I think mana based you're better of going Phys Crit Split with a harbinger. It's easier to run on mana because you can take the mind drinker (mana leech) node on the tree and maybe even get some on gear.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid you are right about the defense, especially about elem reflect.
I wanted to make something different than BM gem because I'm sick of this gem, so many build use it.

Actually I do want to make a character with the new bow, an elem crit archer (I don't like CoC builds, it isn't esthetic and tends to destroy my fps). At the end of nemesis I have leveled a phys crit archer, she was pretty strong for the level, but I stopped playing her as the league ended and had no wish to play a character with stupid legacy items. But overall it was the scariest build I had ever played, any phys reflect was very very dangerous, and I don't want to make the same character anyway.

I will wait to have more currency/items before I give a shot to this build. I'm still looking for my "perfect" build, may take long^^

I'm wondering, if you use Inc Crit dmg instead of Faster Attack, wouldn't you gain more dps ?

Also what is your attack speed with SA (6l) ? What about the mana/life cost of you SA and frenzy ?

Last point, why do you prefer frenzy over elemental hit ? Have you tried elemental hit with your character yet ? Elemental hit quality provides crit chance, which isn't negligible with a crit build. Also the base attack speed of Windripper is more than decent, that's why I consider not to use Faster Attacks, nor frenzy.

Last edited by Oracle87 on Apr 9, 2014, 11:27:12 AM
"
Alea wrote:
the potential of the 30 ex bow gz rly xD

Enjoy your softcore league.

"
Alea wrote:
the potential of the 30 ex bow gz rly xD

They started at 8 exalts when everyone underestimated them.
Hello I am using this build exactly as you(currently lvl79), but why do I feel so squishy and its so hard to solo? Please give me tips on what im supposed to be doing. Also i found out that with level 20reduced mana you only need to get Charisma aura nodes and still cast all 3 auras

My Gear
Spoiler
Ign - Jeebie
Whats ur life / split arrow dps in lab and evasion rating in lab? That might give me a better idea...

You're squishy for the 1 hit you take, like a rhoa charge can hit for 2.5k easily, but the point is if u get charged by 3 at the same time, only 1 will hit u, or maybe even none.

Hard to solo is probably because u lack dps.
If u cant kill packs before they all surround u, try placing a decoy totem more often (preferably 20% quality, they dont die fast).

I should upgrade my stats but atm im over 10k split in lab with 67% crit chance :P
5.4k hp.
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 14, 2014, 6:36:49 AM
I made a ranger lvl 81 now

In lab 14436 EV goes to 15.5k with 6frenzys
2594 SA dps goes to 3600 with power/fenzy charges
5252 Life 75all res ofcourse

I do use a 20% lvl 18decoy i have to place it infront everywhere i go

my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgW1CC4M8g5IEZYV8BmKGY4ajyP2JDwk_SaVJ6ktgzB8MgEzDDY9Nns51DpYPs9JO0lRSn1QQlFHVUtW-lpIWm1e-mHiYqxjQ2egbXtv8nBScNV9dX8rf8aHGYd2iGuMNo19jb-P-pcGmyabjZ2jnaqgn6Gkoi6ly6dcp9Sqf6q4shm0o7VIu-O95sBRxKLN6s96037UI9UA1orWndwV4dvjhOdU53To1usU7YPuDu967_D22vlj-wn8q_zF_rr-yA==

also the new exiles have vaal skills that cant be dodged and the fire arrow guy nearly 1 shot me yesterday :/
Ign - Jeebie
Last edited by Jeebie on Apr 14, 2014, 9:07:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info