[inv]Elemental Crit Split Arrow build - The Potential of Windripper !

update:

saw a flaw I had in the tree!

i took a 30int node for my level 20 wrath, but i only needed 10 int, so i swapped those nodes and that 10 int node led to a triple 8% life nodes (above shadow).

so basically i did:

remove:
3x 6% life node from scion wheel
30 int node

took:
10int node
2x 8% life
1x 15% crit chance

stats atm:
62.4% crit chance without charges
9.4k split arrow (with auras / without charges)

when i hit 94 i might actually take the last 15% crit chance node remaining..
I'm at 5.5k hp and I feel it's enough, ofcourse higher is always better, so after the last crit chance node i only have life nodes left all the way to 100 (unless I take ele dmg nodes from shadow tree :P I would really like to get 10k split arrow)
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 5, 2014, 9:01:00 PM
Hey, cool build.

Hopefully I'm not coming off as a COMPLETE dick (only a slight one), but I think I found another inefficiency in the build.

You could take the extra point in the crit chance wheel near Pain Attunement (Bloodthirst wheel if I recall) and get the 15% crit, 3% attack speed node near Aspect of the Eagle. Pretty much a free 3% attack speed.
"
Xethik wrote:
Hey, cool build.

Hopefully I'm not coming off as a COMPLETE dick (only a slight one), but I think I found another inefficiency in the build.

You could take the extra point in the crit chance wheel near Pain Attunement (Bloodthirst wheel if I recall) and get the 15% crit, 3% attack speed node near Aspect of the Eagle. Pretty much a free 3% attack speed.

Nice catch !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot man!

That node gave me 140 dps upgrade ;)

9517 split arrow in lab atm ;)
Gotta give you props for realizing you could swap a +30 int node for a more influential +10 int node. Something I NEVER would have caught myself. Adding it to my trick of passive tree optimizations. ;)
Last edited by Xethik on Apr 6, 2014, 2:28:05 PM
Well I'm still trying to balance and perfect this build as much as I can...

Since I'm probably one of the few players (or probably only one) at this level on Invasion atm using it.

Atm it's so crazy but I'm so tempted to keep dropping life to take more dmg nodes :)

I really shouldn't, I promised myself to not go below 5.5k life, hope I can keep that :P
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 6, 2014, 4:36:11 PM
Just starting this off as a Shadow and loving it so far,

figured Id post this before I RIP in invasion again :P

Any tips for low level leveling gear for this set up?

Got Quil Rain and blackgleam is sitting in a chest for when i hit 22... I know goldrim is always helpful but I cant afford it
Goldrim is only 2 chaos i think?

Originally i levelled as spectral throw, then went dual strike, and then did a full respec to crit split.

But i also leveled a ranger as crit split so it's possible, but a bit harder than ST imo.

I used goldrim on it and death's harp bow.
Early 4link: split - chain - faster attacks - bm (or u could try on mana) , worm's molt is also a nice belt for the life/mana leech.
Hello TheAffinity,

did you consider to take improvded Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics to partly compensate the main weakness of this build ? Or do you believe it is too expensive ?

Cheers
IGN: MyrcellaMartell
Heya,

Phase acrobatics is a complete waste.

It's 5 points to get there which are much better spent for damage or life.

Ele dmg is not a weakness of this build. I always have a topaz flask with me for annoying sporkers or dischargers.

Spells are also easily dodged by moving (if needed), deffinately not an issue.
Most spells don't really hurt much either because u should have capped resists.
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 8, 2014, 7:16:45 AM
"
Heya,

Phase acrobatics is a complete waste.

It's 5 points to get there which are much better spent for damage or life.

Ele dmg is not a weakness of this build. I always have a topaz flask with me for annoying sporkers or dischargers.

Spells are also easily dodged by moving (if needed), deffinately not an issue.
Most spells don't really hurt much either because u should have capped resists.

I am not an expert in game mechanics (yet), but I have heard about spells, that deal significant physical damage. 30% dodge via Phase Acrobatics is a gamble, but maybe it could avoid a 2nd or 3rd hard hit from time to time. I agree, it is a tough investment, that is why I am looking for other opinios.

I am currently playing an LA build with the LG Bow, that is not too far away from your proposed build, obviously it has a dozen physical bow damage nodes (and hatred instead of anger), that needs to be removed with a build around Windripper. I use a Split Arrow set-up on certain maps as a back-up, but have to say, that in principle I like the mechanics of LA more than SA, maybe with Windripper this is different. Currently saving orbs for a Windripper as I like the bow. Maybe I am lucky with chancing an imperial bow, but I am not counting on it.

Just as background, my ranger is level 87, first char and I am not really rich (overall equipment worth maybe 50 exa of which the bow alone is 30), but I can clear almost any map up to 78, just some unique bosses give me a headache from time to time.
IGN: MyrcellaMartell
Last edited by DonGod on Apr 8, 2014, 7:33:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info