[inv]Elemental Crit Split Arrow build - The Potential of Windripper !

Love the build mate, any chance it would work with focusing on Pierce instead of Chain? Only swap would be using the pierce gem instead of chain and grabbing the pierce chance cluster in the passive tree. Is the chain damage superior to this set-up? Sorry if the answer is obvious, I haven't played a Ranger before.
"
demonguard wrote:
Edit: I suppose I'm also missing a sixth link, probably pretty significant. Still gonna be really hard to fix my jewelry.

Faster attacks 15/20% gives me 1.6k dps :)

I got 6.1k tooltip now without charges, 58.8% crit chance.

Got 5.5k hp , lost 300 hp for that change :(

"
GraveGiver36 wrote:
Love the build mate, any chance it would work with focusing on Pierce instead of Chain? Only swap would be using the pierce gem instead of chain and grabbing the pierce chance cluster in the passive tree. Is the chain damage superior to this set-up? Sorry if the answer is obvious, I haven't played a Ranger before.

Thanks :) I'm also pretty new to bow builds , but from what I heard , Pierce is much much much more dangerous to reflect....

I just found 1 weakness : Pack Size with Ele reflect !!! I shot pretty carelessly (also switched life nodes for more crit) and with 5.5k life I dropped pretty hard but still had 1.5k left I think... Time enough to spam jade/instant pots and I was more than fine.

Note to self: don't play careless in reflect maps and shoot 1 arrow at a time :)
Last edited by Affinity on Mar 31, 2014, 5:00:57 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, I have been asking around and although it appears that pierce should function to have a greater DPS output (it doesn't have the 50% damage penalty that chain has), the majority of players prefer chain in practical use as it permits one projectile to hit multiple targets.
Could ya post up some past broadcasts on your Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/TheAffinity ?

Thank you.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
Could ya post up some past broadcasts on your Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/TheAffinity ?

Thank you.

I'll stream some maps tonight if u want :) (around 19h00 or 20h00 Central european time).

I'm currently calculating some stuff to swap gear to try use Maligaro's Virtuosity....

CURRENT TOOLTIP SPLIT ARROW PRE-CHARGES:
6200 dps in Lab with Anger/Wrath both level 17

Tooltip with Maligaro's Virtuosity:
7500 dps split arrow in lab !!!

I just need to get new belt and boots to swap resistances around a bit and I'm fine :)

End result will be something like:

5.5k hp
7k split arrow (with auras level 17)
63.8% crit chance
420% multiplier
14.000 evasion rating

I'll update the first post whenever I'm done with swapping gears
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 2, 2014, 7:07:22 AM
To the viewers yesterday: thanks for watching my fairly short stream!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed it!

I'm gonna add a new section "pro's and con's" for this build since there's actually a few of each :)

I also got new boots and got my Maligaro's 4 offcoloured, so all I need is the belt whenever I can buy it and I'll update gear on the thread.

The stats will be pretty fucking sweet :) going for 5.5k life with 60% crit chance 429% multiplier.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID8QRlhUgFfAX2BmKGdUZ1xqPGtsj9iQ8JP0mlSepKk0s6S2DL28wfDMMNj02eznUOlg7fD7PPydJO0lRSn1KyFBCUUdVS1b6WkhabV76YeJirGegbBZte2_ycFJwu3DVfXV_K3_Gg9uHGYd2iGuMNo19jb-P-pcGnaOdqqCfoSKiLqJAoqOly6dcqn-quK_rtKO1SLjKu-O95sBRxKLOcdA5037UI9UA1orWndkT3Q3jhOdU53TrFO4O7_Dz6vT49tr5Y_sJ_Ev8q_zF_rr_3g==

Is this a good way to build it as a ranger? If not can you optimize it.
I grabbed the 3 life odes up near the critical damage cluster since it saves like 1 point and it's 2% more life I believe compared to the one left to scion tree.
Is it possible to use RoA with this by the way? If yes, what to link with it. If not, what's bad about it?
Thanks for this really fun build :)
It's pretty much the same build as Ranger..

You took the upper path with attackspeed-accuracy-projectile dmg
I would choose the lower path (18% evasion/life , and eva+life nodes).

I'm not sure how much accuracy rating you get by taking the 20% node, but be careful with going too high on that... The higher your accuracy, the more difficult reflect will become.

Also: if you don't go in the Scion life wheel, but you do take Sentinel...
If you don't need the 10% all res from Sentinel, just remove those 2 nodes and take Reflexes instead (the evasion wheel).

Instead of 24% evasion + 10 all res from Sentinel you will get 40% evasion from those 2 nodes.

I never really played Rain of Arrows, all I know is Split arrow is way better.
For Rain of Arrows I think you're better off going Lioneye's Glare bow.
Updated with new belt / boots and MALIGARO'S VIRTUOSITY !!!!
Update: bought level 20 anger and wrath

9000 DPS SPLIT ARROW PRE-CHARGES

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info