[inv]Elemental Crit Split Arrow build - The Potential of Windripper !

Hey I got one and only one question is this build atziri viable?
with this build i'll probably get oneshot xD

theres not so many builds able to do atziri other than the heavy tank types , heavy block builds , or just some mediocre not so tanky builds but on softcore leagues.

but no, atziri is not for this build sadly
Last edited by Affinity on May 3, 2014, 7:42:39 PM
you should really get yourself an atziri promise flask. Theyre cheap ands gikve you 15% increase damage + leech.
I thought about it.

Havent been mapping much lately but if i do i run either solo or with 2-3 people.
My dps really shines there even without flask, i also use vaal haste with increased duration.

I really really like my topaz flask tho... I could maybe replace my quicksilver flask and just leapslam for movement.
i tried atziri with a slightly different variant of this build, using

(replace iir gem with incr crit dmg)
my tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSBGWFfAWvxmKGdUZ1xqPGtsj9iQ8JP0mlSepLYMvbzBxMHwzDDY9Nns51DpCOlg-z0k7SVFKfUt4UEJRR1VLVvpaSFptXvph4mKsY0NnoG17b_JwUnC7fXV_K3_GhxmHdofbiGuMNo19jb-P-pcGm42do52qoJ-hIqGkoi6iQKXLp1yqf6q4r-u0OLSjtUi7473mwFHEosai037UI9UA1orWndkT3ajh2-OE5RnnVOsU7g7veu_w8-r0-Pba-WP7Cfv1_Kv8xf66_sj_3g==

Double vaal was easy, as I had a skelebrotem which diverted attention very easily.
The 2nd set of three bosses that follow after that, not so much.
The cycloner and cleaver I could offscreen/kite, but the archer dude was pretty hard (and could almost 1shot me if I stood for even a split second in the rain of arrows).
I probably could have finished those 3 bosses but I dc'd on one of my portals and this was also my first time doing atziri so I didn't know the mechanics (so died to stupid things for the rest). Also didn't swap to my 6L for single target dps, so I was doing less damage as well. (I get about 39k deeps with frenzy if I put it on my 6L, versus only like 25k with a 5l) (SA is 15.7k with 6L, 9.7K with a 5L)

It is almost definitely possible to get to atziri though, you just need max movespeed on your boots (30%) and a bit more hp, and if you know the mechanics of the fight you can drop those 3 bosses (I managed to get 2 to <30% HP and killed one). As for atziri herself, probably possible too, but again would need a lot of movespeed (quicksilvers with surgeon's help!), fire res flasks for those situations, and a lot of skill.

Will be trying later, will update progress later.
Last edited by Aerthas on May 6, 2014, 7:47:12 PM
Good job.

I'm mainly answering question thinking with invasion in my mind. So to be honest my answer still stands that this build is not for atziri.

6linked my windripper some days ago and repecced out of the previous pyhscial build (LG).

Current build at Level 89:

Some observations:

1.) Getting additional Crit beyond the "easy" nodes is not worth it.
2.) Weapon elemental damage is slightly more effective than crit damage.
3.) 8% projectile nodes are very effective, at least the ones that do not need a detour. 10% WED > 8% projectile > 8% WED. At least with my current build.
4.) As usual: does not make sense to spec/gear too much damage. 76+ Maps require, 50%+ Evasion, 30% dodge, 5.5k+ life, resis capped, when playing mainly solo.
5.) Elemental reflect maps are no problem with 4.) + Blooddance. Just stack 6 frency and off you go.
6.) Currently running 8.5k SA damage. Anger, SA and WED still need 3 level-ups. I estimate to be at 10-11k SA damage with level 93, 5.6k life.
7.) Currently running 1500 Accuracy rating, seems more than enough, consider to drop one 20% node, but not yet sure. 84% hit rate in the stats seems to be misleading, as I do not fight level 89 mobs.

Windripper is clearly an upgrade to LG, but damage-wise not as much as some people may think. However it removes one big problem of LG and that is the reflect (at least with my set-up).
IGN: MyrcellaMartell
fully respecced out of windripper so no more updates coming, sorry guys ;'( hope i helped some of you and that some of you are still enjoying it very much!
Just tried atziri first time with the build (or atleast something similar, I've taken phase acro aswell). Only died once during the map and that was to atziri herself, and I feel like that could've easily been avoided, I just didn't start running away early enough. The double vaals are really easy, just make sure you kill em at the same time.
For the triplets, I just used enduring cry+immortal call to basically be immune whole fight, so those were a cake walk.
Atziri herself was a bit tougher since I basically only have a 5L frenzy, so I only reached around 40k dps, once I get correct colours on chest though I'll reach 60k+ and I don't think atziri will be any trouble at all.

gear
Spoiler

My tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4FtQzyDkgPxBGWFSAV8BmKGdUZ1xqPGtsj9iQ8JP0mlSepKk0s6S2DL28wcTB8Mww2PTnUOkI6WDt8Ps8_J0lRSn1KyEt4UEJRR1VLVvpaSFpSWm1e-mHiYqxnoG17b_JwUnC7cNV9dX8rf8aD24cZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5AKlwabXZ2jnaqgn6IuoqOly6dcqJqqf6q4tUi4yrvjvebAUcSixqLTftQj1QDWitad2RPdDd2o44TlGedU53TuDu967_Dyl_Pq9tr5Y_sJ_Ev8q_zF_rr_3g==

All in all I'd say it's possible to do her, but you need pretty good gear, and a lot of practice, so wouldn't recommend this build for atziri really. This build is godlike for maps though, oneshot offscreen, don't have to worry about reflect thanks to ondars and at 5.3k hp currently
IGN = Mullgubben
#1 Offensive MF ring! /view-thread/964785
My Grandmaster submission /view-thread/1798190
Last edited by mull_gubben on May 17, 2014, 10:45:54 AM
i'm fairly surprised/disappointed that you aren't using rearguard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info