[3.1] GLADIATOR 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank + a BoR version

"
Kiszh wrote:
I changed increased aoe for WED, the increased AOE is really nice for mapping but for bosses WED just wrecks it, and since my 6l doesn't have a white socket..

My buddy is running this build too and he also swapped increased AOE for WEP. He gets quite a bit more dps with that setup. AOE still seems ok.
IGN: Sweethart
Yea your DPS goes up, but to be fair you don't really feel it on trash since you oneshot it with increased AOE aswell, but WED helps where it counts if you use this build to run harder content.

Quick question. How safe is it to run abyssus? The 40-60 damage on it is huge, but the 40-50% increased damage taken negates a pretty big chunk of our armor.
"
sirdec wrote:
nice sutff Haenic,

guys what do u prefer bettwen this main attack and why?

Earrthquake

or

Static Strike

or

Infernal Blow

or

Sunder

I use Infernal blow. I am not a fan of skill which have delayed effect.
"
sirdec wrote:
nice sutff Haenic,

guys what do u prefer bettwen this main attack and why?

Earrthquake

or

Static Strike

or

Infernal Blow

or

Sunder

I personally use sunder. The dps against bosses that spawn packs(like jungle valley) is insane, its good for kiting, and I also just usually don't go for the most popular choice. I've been running tier 13-14 maps with no issues with it.

Earthquake might be, and probably is better, but I really like sunder.
Great build, fantastic work!

One question,I use earthquake with doryanis. Can someone explain to me, why I should use concentrated effect+increased aoe and not wed+phys. to light? Especially in combination with hatred and added fire, wed seems to be just to good to not use it, but i guess there is some thought process behind. Is 59% more area damage really worth 2 links?
"
traax87 wrote:
Great build, fantastic work!

One question,I use earthquake with doryanis. Can someone explain to me, why I should use concentrated effect+increased aoe and not wed+phys. to light? Especially in combination with hatred and added fire, wed seems to be just to good to not use it, but i guess there is some thought process behind. Is 59% more area damage really worth 2 links?

The whole point of Earthquake is the aftereffect which is a great AoE skill. You dont take phys + wed simple because you are limited to 6L "only". That being said, if you prefer skills boosted with pure damage support gems ( like me ) and not utility, Earthquake is not for you. I dont use it either. Earthquake is not the meta. You dont have to play it. Its just a new skill, thats why most of the people are playing with it atm. It will fade away faster than it came. You have really so many skills to choose from for this build... especially with Varunastra.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Mar 28, 2016, 6:51:18 AM
talking about ur belt?

What do u use? is Meginord still the best for this build?

what bout     Doryani's Invitation, Heavy Belt??

IGN:Sirdec
"
Kiszh wrote:
would it be worth it to run windscream and curse both vulnerability and enfeeble/temp chains with CoH on tempest shield? the downside being I won't be able to get chaos resist on boots and no life on boots either. I run blood dance for maps for the free frenzy charges but I plan on skipping on frenzy charges and running more survival when I finally run atziri, but dual cursing may be worth it instead.

The other alternative (and what I aim at) is getting a 1+ curse corrupted mod on an anvil, but then wouldn't 3 curses be sick?

I think 3 curses would be neat, but there's no reasonable way to get them out. The set up would probably be a 4L tempest shield - CoH - 2 curses + a 4L reckoning - endurance charge on melee stun - CoH - 1 curse.

Kind of overkill IMO but you could probably run it if you want. Would remove the convenience of getting free endurance charges frequently and cause you to have to cast enduring cry more often. Adds more problems capping res/finding stats from gear too, and if you want to run curse immunity maps, it becomes more annoying.

Better option would probably be Doedre's Damning, then you'd look for high int + armor/res/life/movespeed boots (Depending on build I guess, varunastra doesn't really need movespeed. It's nice though). If searching for low or no movespeed they instantly become cheap.

Though I think 2 curses are pretty viable, not that I think you should get the 2 curses from anywhere other than a +1 curse The Anvil. You could try it and post your findings though, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts about it after trying.
Hey guys! First of, thanks for the great build, having a blast! I am running earthquake as my main skill and have played around a little with other skills. Has anybody tried running abyssal cry with earthquake?

I am trying it out now and loving it so far. Thing with earthquake is that it's the tougher yellows and bosses that take time, trash mobs autodie. So casting abyssal really boosts clear speed because of the boss taking extra damage from all trash deaths. Now I am only level 78 and haven't gotten to tougher mariposa, so wondering if anybody else tried this set up? What supports would you use for abyssal, Inc aoe?

My other links are:
Eq - conc - less dur - melee physical - added fire
Leap slam - faster attack - fortify - BM
Blasphemy - Warlords - Determination
CWDT - molten shell - golem - minion life
Abyssal - Tempest shield - Inc dur
Reckoning - Melee physical - ECOS - Inc aoe
Last edited by The_Gurk on Mar 29, 2016, 1:59:45 AM
Hi, I've used this build for a while but I'm getting pretty confused right now seeing how high some people dps is. I'm running 6L, Soul Taker and decent gear, and even when using ToH (For testing purpouses)+ Atziri's Promise + Hatred, my dps gets only as high as 25k or so (With Conc Effect). (Earthquake).

It may be because of Soul Taker, which weapon is the most appropiate for this build right now?

To clarify: I'm not having trouble clearing maps, it's really hard to die with this build, but my clear speed is pretty slow. I haven't gotten to red tier maps yet as they won't ever drop, but I've tanked crazy things so they shouldn't be a problem until the later ones.
Last edited by Biowned on Mar 29, 2016, 10:52:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info