Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.1] GLADIATOR 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank + a BoR version

"
Sianist wrote:
Given the focus on Armour (for Aegis Aurora blocks, regenerating ES) and Reduced Phys Damage, would Soul of Steel fit in? ... 3 skillpoints for +52% Armour, 4% Reduced Phys, +5%AllResist (and either +6% armour or +5AllResist depending on your direction around the wheel)

I did. 3 points into this node gave me something along the lines of 4500 Armor, 10 resists to all, 6 physical DR. I just took the points out of the Iron Reflexes path from the Tree the OP provided and put those there.

This build seems interesting, I might want to try it out
Hello,

I post on the forum to thanks you!

This build is great. I make it this season and last season. I reched lv 93 this season and I've done 123 maps with bonus on 126 (the last maps are really expensive)

I just made some modifications on this build to play it my may.

Gear : I prefer use a devoto's devotion to get the 10% reduced physical damages. The main problem is you have some difficulties to keep your 6 endurance charges on bosses, so devoto is usefull to keep a high % of physical reduction.

Gems : I use shield charge + curse on hit + warlord's mark + fortify
An other curse is possible with a cursed 'The anvil' (+1 max curse) but I prefer keep fortify. Both choose are possible I think.

I don't use chaos golem, it always dies and you don't have enought intelligence to use a levelled one. So I choose a flame golem.

You can also choose to have a second curse.

The good of the build : so tanky!!! 5K6 Hp, and you block everithing. you can facetank almost everything.
The bad of the build : A little lack of damages, I actually have 56K DPS without boost, in fight something like 65K DPS, witch is not a lot for my lv.

Final stuff :
Spoiler

Traduction française :
Spoiler

Bonjour,
Je poste ici pour remercier l'auteur du build.

Ce build est super! Je l'ai fait cette saison ci et la saison dernière. J'ai atteint avec le lv 93 cette saison et j'ai fait 123 maps/126 (les dernières cartes sont super chéres).

Je présente ici quelques modifications que j'ai faite pour me faciliter la vie.

Equipement : je préfére utiliser devoto's devotion pour le 10% de reduction de dégats physique. Le gros problème par rapport au build c'est que c'est assez dur de garder les 6 endurance charges donc bon devoto et ses 10% de reduction physique me semble appréciable.

Gems : j'utilise shield charge + curse on hit + warlord's mark + fortify
Utiliser une autre malediction est possible avec une amulette 'the anvil' corrompue +1 max malédiction mais bon ça empêche d'utiliser fortify donc j'ai laissé comme ça.
Je n'utilise pas chaos golem parce que ça demande trop d'intel pour en utiliser un lv 20. Donc j'ai pris flame golem (et même avec ça il créve tout le temps)

Le choix d'une seconde malediction semble quand même très intéressant pour le build.

Les + du build : tu peux afk attraper ton gosse qui fait des conneries en pleine baston! 5K6 Hp, et ça bloque tout. On peut facetank quasiment tout.
les - du build : Pas beaucoup de dégats, j'ai 56K DPS sans boost, 65K DPS avec les boosts, ce qui n'est pas beaucoup pour le lv.

Stuff final :

Spoiler

"
Gear : I prefer use a devoto's devotion to get the 10% reduced physical damages. The main problem is you have some difficulties to keep your 6 endurance charges on bosses, so devoto is usefull to keep a high % of physical reduction.

This is 10% reduced physical damage that you deal, not damage that you take.

Last edited by jsjack2002 on Nov 7, 2017, 10:42:35 AM
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
"
ironstove wrote:
I don't know why some of the writers of these guides simply pop up a 3.0 into their title name but don't update any of the content such as videos, gem sockets of linked items and such. I guess they just like to spam the front page of the boards with their old guides to waste everyone's time.

Everything in my guide is up to date, the only obsolete thing is the videos.

But trolls will troll, so whatever.

Q: How do you achieve max block chance with this build?
Aegis Aurora - 32%
Passive tree - 23%
Ascendancy tree - 6% + 8% if you were damaged by a hit recently
Tempest Shield - 3%
The Anvil - 8%
32 + 23 + 6 + 8 + 3 + 8 = 80%

But maximum block cap is 75%+3%(from Anvil)=78%. Did i miss something?

Thx for build btw, doing something similar, based on this build now.
Last edited by Merazor on Nov 11, 2017, 7:44:38 PM
Thank you OP, fantastic build. My first char to face tank Eternal Izaro successfully :)
Hi THere,

im back after a long break and im looking desperatly for a new 1H Build.

Can i use this
instead of dorianys?

I was away for nearly 3 years and i really dont have a clue what to do now. Since this is the best weapon i got, i want to make a build arround it.

After reading your post im sure this is the build i wanna make :) I have all the other pieces, but "only" this sword.

I hope thats fine for this build and i dont gimp myself?

Thx for answer and have fun :)
Last edited by Hassbringer on Dec 4, 2017, 4:47:03 AM
"
Hassbringer wrote:
Hi THere,

im back after a long break and im looking desperatly for a new 1H Build.

Can i use this
instead of dorianys?

I was away for nearly 3 years and i really dont have a clue what to do now. Since this is the best weapon i got, i want to make a build arround it.

After reading your post im sure this is the build i wanna make :) I have all the other pieces, but "only" this sword.

I hope thats fine for this build and i dont gimp myself?

Thx for answer and have fun :)

That's an amazing sword, of course you can make your build with it. It is even better than Doryani's. You'll just have to use skills which are doable on swords.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
if i were to use this with molten strike, what supports would i use for general mapping/ single target?
I want to play this with infernal blow and want to use ancestral call with it (maybe as a swap for clear vs single target)

which support to leave out for this? FA is bad because different color... but MS, Meleephys and WED both are insane multipliers. and leaving melee slash out doesn't sound nice either...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info