1.1.1c Patch Deployed and Content Update 1.1.2 Information

"
sidtherat wrote:

It's not that CWDT is op, but it's strong enough and there's basicly no alternative. like i said, CWDT is used by just about every build there is because of the enduring cry/immortal call synergy. In that combination the reduced damage is not affecting it in any way. I don't think any skill should be so important that every build uses it especially when it's a supportive/defensive thing. Imagine if say, for every slot there was an essential item that enables you in some way. Like in d2x every half decent player was running around with a call to arms in their switch and enigma for the teleport. Maybe CWDT doesn't need a nerf, but a few alternatives which enable the same kind of things so it isn't compulsory. Maybe the whole buff section of the game requires a good hard re-evaluation.

EK alone isn't that powerful, but the way it can be adapted to different settings is insane cause it's a spell and deals physical damage (note how armor works. Enemies have basically physical reduction after a certain amount of damage). EK needs to be balanced after cast on critical.

Flicker done even half-assed gives you such clearing speed of maps that it's completely bonkers. Infernal blow with splash+multistrike also trivializes way too much of the actual content.

If you noticed most of what i suggested were buffs and the nerfs are to things that are completely overused. Even forgot to mention the obvious; searing bond needs a nerf.

You know, constant buffing of underwhelming skills without nerfing leads to power creeping. Would you want to play a game that is easily hacked thru with any skill there is without any tinkering and thought? And i'm not even suggesting skill breaking nerfs, keep the good there is, but just tone it down a little.

You are right that there should not be a skillcombo that is mandatory to use.
It shows something is not rightly done.
I dont use CWDT combo but i probably should do and will do when i start doing higher lvl maps.
A few alternatives with similar function as you mentioned would be very good.

I use EK without it linked to CoC and it isn't overpowered when used like this.
I know that when you for example have a Quill rain, use CoC and EK it get VERY effective against mobpacks. Not so good for single target/bossfights though.
But that build is very fun to play and there is always going to be certain builds/skill combos that work better than others.

Flicker strike is sure a fast clering skill but it comes with a prizetag that you have not so good control and sometimes end up in to much trouble, more than you can handle.
Its not a skill i would use in HC at endgame.

I also don't want a game that is easily finished to the end with any skill fast and easily.
Maybe some popular skills need tuning a bit and some other definitely needs an upgrade so they can be used at all.
Searing Bond had a nerf but is still quite powerful. However, it is at least in my opinion a quite boring playstyle kind of skill and clearing speed is always going to be slow to moderate.
So i have no problem with it beeing as powerful as it is today.
just started playing again and all my passives are reset! how to get it back to what i had???

All that NEW stuff is great. How about showing the same enthusiasm for fixing or improving OLD stuff? I would be more excited about some long overdue improvements to disappointing game elements than I am to read about all the new stuff.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Phaeded wrote:
All that NEW stuff is great. How about showing the same enthusiasm for fixing or improving OLD stuff? I would be more excited about some long overdue improvements to disappointing game elements than I am to read about all the new stuff.

Man, this is so true. I wish they would do that.

Spoiler
Oh wait, from the OP:

There are other changes (especially some buffs to less-popular skills) in the works, so if something isn't included in the above list, please don't assume it's not in this patch :)
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I would absolutely love if they could fix the desync problems.
They should put all resources on this at least for a while.
Its far more important than new skills, micro transactions and such.
OK arc this is your chance!!

(please) :)
Still really really really unhappy about this new exile wearing the Seraph set... It completely undermines the point of buying such an expensive set that is supposed to be somewhat exclusive to the players who want to further support the game.

I don't care at all about the exiles having mix-match pieces of cosmetic effects, but I WILL NOT be buying any more cosmetic items until GGG promises not to sell us expensive sets and then turn around and dump them on a bloody NPC, it's f***ing lazy and disrespectful to the people who bought the set.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Mar 30, 2014, 10:26:03 PM
"
bitV wrote:
Still really really really unhappy about this new exile wearing the Seraph set... It completely undermines the point of buying such an expensive set that is supposed to be somewhat exclusive to the players who want to further support the game.

I don't care at all about the exiles having mix-match pieces of cosmetic effects, but I WILL NOT be buying any more cosmetic items until GGG promises not to sell us expensive sets and then turn around and dump them on a bloody NPC, it's f***ing lazy and disrespectful to the people who bought the set.

You're kidding right?

The whole point of the exiles is that they look like the players, and pull from the same pool of mtxes.

[Removed by Support]
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Mar 30, 2014, 10:28:53 PM
"
bitV wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Wow... Just Wow.

GG GGG.

I'm out.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
bitV wrote:

You're kidding right?

The whole point of the exiles is that they look like the players, and pull from the same pool of mtxes.

[Removed by Support]

No, I'm not kidding. I don't care at all if the exiles have some mix of mtxes as it's actually pretty cool to see what some of this stuff looks like in various combinations, but taking the whole damn set is a step too far. What's the point in forking out that much cash for a cosmetic set if some trash npc is going to be wearing it? Really undermines the value and prestige of the whole thing - And let's not be coy here, the whole reason why someone would by a set like this is for the prestige, to stand out from all but the most dedicated players who would pay $40+ for a set.

Seeing an exile wearing this stuff is going to be demoralising, and I'll bet you I'm not the only one who won't be willing to buy any more sets like this if it's just going to get dumped onto the next exile off-the-block.
Last edited by bitV on Mar 30, 2014, 10:44:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info