[1.1.1] CHEAP and FUN Piety/Dominus Melee Farm. 104 IIQ 314 IIR. HOWTO. [Videos Up] UPD

Thank you for sharing the tree.
And guys dont hestitate to leave feedback. I am really happy when ppl try this build
IGN: Infernalle
Okay, so the goal of this build is clearly 3 things

1: Cheap

2: Fast

3: MF BABY!!

(not totally in that order either)

As of this morning, I have been running additional tests on various setups for this build.
This is everything from the Bringer of Rain idea I mentioned to you previously, to various 6L chests.

As of right now, my total cost (in this configuration) is 15 ex, 10 ex which was self found thru drops of unique items and currency.

Gear

So after running A LOT of Piety, maps up to 71, and Dominus runs to the best of my ability,I identified 2 key issues with overall achievement of our main goals

1: Way to many curses in the basic lineup (more testing required to find ideal replacements)

2: MF gear is INSANELY over priced in the current Standard market place, requiring some very creative gearing (here is looking at you 4 blues >.>)

Now after talking it over with some of the people from the thread, I think obviously once you have the ability to spend a little currency, this build becomes amazing.
I have tested the build in both a legacy Bringer of Rain and 2nd gen BoR (lost a little iiR, but cleared Dom in less then 2 minutes from point of entrance to the zone)
Also tested this in a 6L Defiance chest, which IMO is our strongest "cheap" option (We Gain Dps, Hp etc)
Also thanks to a friend was able to test this in a mirror worthy AR/Ev chest with triple res and Hp, and if you have the currency for that, then by all means I do think that is the way to go, because it will allow us to run maybe an andvarious or just overall better MF in general

The Question I pose for the moment is how to better set-up our Cast when Damage Taken gems to cover our weak points and not waste socket space?

Looking forward to some great suggestions
what is the minimum level requirement to start doing piety/dom runs, assuming u have a BoR instead of IRR/IQQ helmet?
Sorry guys was afk for long time, just started a new job, and GF moving back to her country, busy days.

First: someone asked me for other attack skills you can use if you hate Reave
It is: Cyclone, Cleave, Double Strike. (You will have to replace CoE for DS with Added Fire I think) and Boss skills: Puncture and maybe Viper Strike. I did not test any of these except Double Strike and I didnt like it.
Second: If you have BoR minimum level is whenever you have overmaxed lightning resist and can do ~8k damage. 70? Idk.
And thank you Na_Krul !!! For your feedback and thoughts and help.
Your questions:

1: Way to many curses in the basic lineup (more testing required to find ideal replacements)

2: MF gear is INSANELY over priced in the current Standard market place, requiring some very creative gearing (here is looking at you 4 blues >.>)

The Question I pose for the moment is how to better set-up our Cast when Damage Taken gems to cover our weak points and not waste socket space?

Yes, way too many curses I agree. I like 2: Temporal Chains and Vulnerability. I think with this character though, you have to attack almost all the time so just Vulnerability with all gems should suffice. E.g. lvl 5/20, lvl 20/20 and 20/20 to cast.

I think if you look hard enough it is possible to find things cheaper on poe.xyz, but if thats the problem, then use free uniques thread for new players by Simon Rauter and then buy cheapest MF you can buy rare, just not from Walmart guy or Selena witch or something. Theese people overprice thing 10x price.

Okay so lets look how many sockets we have.
4L Helmet --> Aura Gems
6L AR --> Attack Gems
3L Weapon --> Moving Gems
3L Shield --> Portal Vulnerability BM
4L Gloves --> MS CWDT DT Vulnerabilty/IC
4L Shoes --> EC CWDT IAOE Vulnerabilty
4L Swap IIR IIQ BM ATK SKILL

What are our weak sides?
Life - Counters up with instant leech and regeneration
Defence - Evasion, flasks and Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, Decoy Totem
Damage output - Hatred, Gems, Vulnerabilty
Temporal Chains is Green, not Blue..

levelled as a FB until ACT 3 Cruel, now on ACT 2 Merci and so far so good..
Well loving the setup and trying to target for higher MF, but dont really know where to go from here. Atm my ammy is placed by Carnage just to help with resists and Life Leech heres my gear atm.

Now i also have a Andys ring I use when farming piety/dom or some maps i can run with it no problem. Im running at about 15-16k dps buffed which lets me destroy everything with ease. But just wondering if you have any tips on gear i can replace or change out for some higher IIR/IIQ. Tempted to change out my slots on Reave to get iiq/iir gems but not sure if its worth the loss of DPS...or just get a Culling spell.

Spec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEsQUtBu4Q8BQgGJEY2xpVGtsbrSFgJJsppTQ1Nug4lj3iQKBGaUd-SO5KfUxgTipQR1PfVvpXDVivWNtbr2BLYSFjF2SjZU1noGoebmlyqXK7dO108XbneK5673zZfXWAioTZhO-HdotPkHSRzpVml3CZK5uDnrmezaC0pzCrxayvr6K3F7nNu-29gb6nwA_BB8zb0iHSTdN-1FLXft0N5FHnru4O73rzBvcy9033vvuq_MX-ug==
Last edited by Chirpyboy on May 1, 2014, 1:56:20 AM
Hi. I just wanted to showcase my personal farming build.

My setup is the classic blender build with cyclone as my main attack. In my bor I have full dps gems and in my boots I have leap slam - faster attacks - iir - iiq. Leap slam has 241/47 iir/iiq. This ratio would be higher if I invested in better mf jewellery.

My usual run involves rushing to dominus, I do not stop for anything. I would kill the henchmen and the human dominus. In the transition, i swap out the faster attacks (leap slam) for culling strike. I would then chop up the monstrosity until he's at 10% where I flatten him to death. With the mf, it takes 3 runs to offload the rares. I get about 1-2 uniques per 3 hour session. The whole run from start to finish takes less than 4 mins.

I used to use a reapers but switching weapons would cancel my auras and sometimes I would start the next run and forget to recast them, leaving me vulnerable.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
Chirpyboy wrote:
Well loving the setup and trying to target for higher MF, but dont really know where to go from here. Atm my ammy is placed by Carnage just to help with resists and Life Leech heres my gear atm.

Now i also have a Andys ring I use when farming piety/dom or some maps i can run with it no problem. Im running at about 15-16k dps buffed which lets me destroy everything with ease. But just wondering if you have any tips on gear i can replace or change out for some higher IIR/IIQ. Tempted to change out my slots on Reave to get iiq/iir gems but not sure if its worth the loss of DPS...or just get a Culling spell.

Spec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEsQUtBu4Q8BQgGJEY2xpVGtsbrSFgJJsppTQ1Nug4lj3iQKBGaUd-SO5KfUxgTipQR1PfVvpXDVivWNtbr2BLYSFjF2SjZU1noGoebmlyqXK7dO108XbneK5673zZfXWAioTZhO-HdotPkHSRzpVml3CZK5uDnrmezaC0pzCrxayvr6K3F7nNu-29gb6nwA_BB8zb0iHSTdN-1FLXft0N5FHnru4O73rzBvcy9033vvuq_MX-ug==

Well, first off you should read the guide, there you can find answers to your questions.
What you can do right away:
Swap AF for CoE
Buy Reaper's Pursuit and use it for culling Dominus/Piety with IIQ/IIR
If you want to use IIR with your main setup, sub it for any support gem and/or into 6L
Hey everyone. My account was hacked and all items and characters are gone.
I dont know if I will play again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info