[1.1.1] CHEAP and FUN Piety/Dominus Melee Farm. 104 IIQ 314 IIR. HOWTO. [Videos Up] UPD

Please guys need feedbacK)
IGN: Infernalle
Updated for more dps and survuability
Posted Dominus run
Reposted Piety Run
Updated and Prettified everything.
Need feedback
You are spending 7 points basically only to get 30% resist at Scion.

Your fire and cold are highly overcapped already, so you are spending it on 30% lightning resist only.

This nets you 18% all resist, 16% chaos resist and 15% lightning resist for the same skillpoints.
Diamond Flesh, Clear mind and the little resist cluster next to it.
If you want max lightning resist with your current gear, another 3 points in the little resist cluster at Ranger would grant you 21% more lightning resist, bringing you up to 77%.

I would usually not recommend getting these small resist clusters, but I would also not recommend farming piety and her Storm Call Shock Stacks without max lightning resist. ;)

Clearing up the Shadow zone and the Claw cluster to min-max efficiency:
25 points left, removed subpar little nodes.
I'd then spend the rest of the points in the six 8% life nodes left at shadow.

---

Another Pro Tip:
When running to piety, before entering the "cage zone", there are these wagons blocking the road on the one side. Just when you go up the stairs there, there's always one wagon on the one side, two wagons on the other.
The blocked path is always where the two wagons are.

---

Another Pro Tip:
If all you want to do is "whirling blade to Piety and singletarget her", Reave isn't a good main attack choice. It's an AoE skill. Have you tried double strike instead? ;-)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 31, 2014, 12:03:35 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks for Feedback.
Now to the work)
"
Peterlerock wrote:
You are spending 7 points basically only to get 30% resist at Scion.

Your fire and cold are highly overcapped already, so you are spending it on 30% lightning resist only.

This nets you 18% all resist, 16% chaos resist and 15% lightning resist for the same skillpoints.
Diamond Flesh, Clear mind and the little resist cluster next to it.
If you want max lightning resist with your current gear, another 3 points in the little resist cluster at Ranger would grant you 21% more lightning resist, bringing you up to 77%.

I would usually not recommend getting these small resist clusters, but I would also not recommend farming piety and her Storm Call Shock Stacks without max lightning resist. ;)

Clearing up the Shadow zone and the Claw cluster to min-max efficiency:
25 points left, removed subpar little nodes.
I'd then spend the rest of the points in the six 8% life nodes left at shadow.

---

Another Pro Tip:
When running to piety, before entering the "cage zone", there are these wagons blocking the road on the one side. Just when you go up the stairs there, there's always one wagon on the one side, two wagons on the other.
The blocked path is always where the two wagons are.

---

Another Pro Tip:
If all you want to do is "whirling blade to Piety and singletarget her", Reave isn't a good main attack choice. It's an AoE skill. Have you tried double strike instead? ;-)

Carts:
I know about carts. Just its glitching so much with twitch recording i cant see anything. I even wrote about it in the guide I think...

Double Strike:
Did not try double strike, I dont think it will benefit me. First: I wouldnt be able to kill blue mob packs as fast. 2nd: Its base damage is 30% lower, Bloodseeker is low pdps as it is, and I already have 7.3 attacks per second. I dont think double strike will increase my dps, or it will decrease my leech by a lot...

Tree:
16% Chaos Resistance would not do anything for me. My regen and leech is enough to save me, and this character is not made for maps. I actually just filmed 72 lvl map.

I had that cluster to the Shadow's left before, BUT scion point gives me 24% eva and armor, also gives me +1 to all resist for 1 more point.

Remember, I need a lot of resistances because I cannot count on gear.
12 and 10 dex is nice and I forgot about it. But I have enough resists now + increased armor and evasion.

Subpar nodes:
Man) I really need those accuracy nodes. Remember I dont have RT!
And I have to maximize PD as much as possible.

In about 3 points I am getting much more life, and thats were I stop I think.

Thanks man!!! i like to see some critique, please add some more
Maybe I will work on those 6/8acc nodes for more health. Ill see.

Also, try to play it man, its a lot of FUN)
It was double post lol)
Anyways, about 6 minutes for dominus is ok with 6ex gear, so I feel good.
Maybe add more life in future! (lvl 80-81)
UPD

Updated for having 10 more dex with same amount of points, thanks Peter.

16% life or 12%dmg/16% accuracy?, I would say I prefer dmg accuracy for now, but I might change my mind)) Needs a lot of testing.
Last edited by paladinshiva on Mar 31, 2014, 1:40:20 PM
"
paladinshiva wrote:

Also, try to play it man, its a lot of FUN)

I will definetly not.

I know most of your issues come from stacking iiq/iir and neglecting everything that is important otherwise, but I would NEVER play a character that encounters 20+ near death situations at Lvl 75+ on just one run against Piety and her minions...
I prefer characters where the health bar doesn't even move doing this.
Yours jumps around like crazy.

I see what you are aiming for (pretty obvious), but I would never play that kind of a character. Too much yolo, not enough sustainability.

---

Believe me, Double Strike would do more DpS single target. Just put in the gem once and look at your character screen.

I don't see you surviving against high level chaos damage mobs with ~2,5k life and -60 resist.
All the leech in the world will not save you. Two bombs from alchemists and you're dead.

I don't see any benefit in the +24% armor/evasion when the gear you are using has little to no evasing/armor rating. Might as well skip it.
You're running around with 200 armor. What's +24% going to do for you? Nothing, I guess.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info