[1.1.1] CritCharge - Old School Discharger [250K tooltip] [videos] 2min Gorge // 4min 78map

"
"
shiremux wrote:
this build rly got me into ragemode, im pretty sure its easy with 200k tooltip dps but hell, with max 25k its pain in the ass.
fucking cast when stunned triggers mainly when theres 1 mob on ur screen - taking all ur charges.
Shit doesnt trigger when u are in middle of the group with stunlock and unable to cast manualy.
single target still pain in the ass... god damit

also - lightning warp, oh god this devils creation. Situation: me in middle of the pack trying to get out, nah mate, let me teleport you further into the pack and let you die. By far worst transport method in poe

I'll try help you as much as possible but it would be easier if I knew your level, skill tree, gear and also stats. Cast when stunned setup is probably not needed until you get to maps.

Lightning warp good for me, all the time. Open areas I feel it's faster than leapslam/whirling blade. When I get stunned with no charges I pop(if its not already up) a granite flask and light warp away as soon as possible, ofcourse you can get permastunned and it can be fatal but I dont find myself in such positions alot.

my gear:

tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcFQgdjDkgRLxGWFdcWQBa_GYUabB8CJKonqSlPLJwsvy0fNsU26TrYO-FBlkNjRKtG10cGTLNN2FAwVa5WY1crWPVdxl8qX2pjQ2aebRlwUnDVcU1-WX_GgW-CEIV9hq6H24hCi3qMdo-mmZqaz52jnaqdrp3Enjyio6cIpyuus7UEtve3McBRwcXB88Lsw23Xhtgk217fsOFz4vfjauOE5CLrY-vk7BjsOO0g8h3y4fPq_Ks=

stats. 5.2k es with aura
maxed resis
23k +- tooltip dps
Yours is basically my previous experience with Discharger, before I got to Unwavering or used and Eye of Chayula.

Since the necklace slot is mandatory for the build to work, I'd advise spending those 10 points going to Unwavering Stance and getting rid of the Cast when Stunned setup in favour of Cast when Damage Taken one with Enduring Cry and Immortal Call for more survivability to burst damage.

With your current tree, I'd do something like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2NBlgVCrrMsnFWuRKuPpi0fbRlMszvhwfMEB1Aw4veiox8C216nK3_GNsXr5It6wcV-WRGW2CRfKiy_iEKdow5IpwiGrvId_KvjhJ2uFdfAUWNDGmzXhvPqcNXy4eQiVmNwUha_wuwpT7UEh9tHBoV97DhdxutjX2oWQDrYRteZmmaeTdi298AacU2ePIx2ES9Z85rPgW-sqkNjcqm3MfcyWPXqGJ3E-OsUcQ48n8s=

Lightning Warp, to be usable, needs to be linked with both Faster Casting and Reduced Duration (if you don't have one hook me up in game cause I have a few I can give you, maybe a leveled one also!) cause otherwise the delay will be far too long and make the skill useless to get out of trouble.

Better yet if they're all 20% quality so you can have a cast time of 0.2 and Teleport immediately.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
"
Jiaozy wrote:
Yours is basically my previous experience with Discharger, before I got to Unwavering or used and Eye of Chayula.

Since the necklace slot is mandatory for the build to work, I'd advise spending those 10 points going to Unwavering Stance and getting rid of the Cast when Stunned setup in favour of Cast when Damage Taken one with Enduring Cry and Immortal Call for more survivability to burst damage.

With your current tree, I'd do something like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2NBlgVCrrMsnFWuRKuPpi0fbRlMszvhwfMEB1Aw4veiox8C216nK3_GNsXr5It6wcV-WRGW2CRfKiy_iEKdow5IpwiGrvId_KvjhJ2uFdfAUWNDGmzXhvPqcNXy4eQiVmNwUha_wuwpT7UEh9tHBoV97DhdxutjX2oWQDrYRteZmmaeTdi298AacU2ePIx2ES9Z85rPgW-sqkNjcqm3MfcyWPXqGJ3E-OsUcQ48n8s=

Lightning Warp, to be usable, needs to be linked with both Faster Casting and Reduced Duration (if you don't have one hook me up in game cause I have a few I can give you, maybe a leveled one also!) cause otherwise the delay will be far too long and make the skill useless to get out of trouble.

Better yet if they're all 20% quality so you can have a cast time of 0.2 and Teleport immediately.

that would lower my dps quite a bit right? since all endu charges will get consumed for immortall call + i gotta respec some of the points into unwavering stance
Your DPS while dead or stunned is 0, so it'll probably increase your DPS quite a lot ;)
IGN:
tried this way, didnt help at all, i dont blame the maker of this build bcoz its very good, but to be good it probably needs endgame stuff, in terms of "low" budget with max 25 exes this is by far worst build i've played, stupid game mechanics in combo with lags and desynchs makes it unable to play at all.
Therefore i got 1 question, would this build be possible to play with CoC cyclone? that should help a bit with stuns and freezes
Last edited by shiremux on May 6, 2014, 7:43:54 AM
"
shiremux wrote:
tried this way, didnt help at all, i dont blame the maker of this build bcoz its very good, but to be good it probably needs endgame stuff, in terms of "low" budget with max 25 exes this is by far worst build i've played, stupid game mechanics in combo with lags and desynchs makes it unable to play at all.
Therefore i got 1 question, would this build be possible to play with CoC cyclone? that should help a bit with stuns and freezes

With 25exalts you should get a pretty good geared discharger, friend of mine pulled it of with 17ex and got around 80k damage right now I believe, with life leech. You can counter freeze easiest with a dream fragments ring, however I use

and it works very well. If stun really is that big of a problem you could use eye of chayula instead of volls amulete and either cast enduring cry manually or just completely skip endurance charges(however skipping will be a dps-drawback).

As for with desync I have not had any trouble, unless I play on a singapor server while downloading somethign at the same time. Then again I dont desync with other characters either except for maybe cyclone with multistrike. Are you sure its the build that causes the desync though?

I can sadly not answer any questions about coc cyclone, but I'm sure you could use it(maybe slight dps drawback)
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Tommie, thanks for this build. I am just coming back to POE since open beta and have a few characters with full respec points. I have been looking for a new build to try and after looking at 10+ good ones, I like yours the best. I wish I still had my 50% maligaros and other items that would work for this build. I really don't have any items for this build, I will have to sell some stuff in order to obtain required items.

Could you please list the items required and recommended along with estimated cost (standard league) of each? (Including gems)

The economy has changed so much in the past 10 months that I have no idea what anything is worth.

I was leveling a triple totem sporker with high IIQ and IIR when I stopped playing. She is currently level 61.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Edit: I know you listed the items in the OP, but I need to know about how much each cost. I don't know how much I will be spending, probably around 20-25 ex. Supposedly because of my legacy items and such I have some wealth.

Also, does increased weapon elemental damage% have any affect on discharge? It seems like you have a lot on your gear. I thought it would only affect skills and not spells.
IGN: FightswithFist
I hit things with my fist. And then they explode.
Last edited by ragnar_danneskoldt on May 13, 2014, 4:33:11 PM
Is this forum/build dead, or did I ask stupid questions?
IGN: FightswithFist
I hit things with my fist. And then they explode.
No stupid question, it's just the forums that suck and you can't subscribe to a thread, so you have to check manually every time and sometimes we forget!

For starters you'll need:

5L Voll's Protector : 2 exalt (on xyz there's a bunch of these for that price) or 25/30 for 6L
Voll's Devotion : 15+ exalt
Level 20 or quality 20 gems are 1 exalt each, for 20/20% 2 exalt no matter the gem.
Legacy Maligaro's Virtuosity are around 15 exalt, new ones (max Multiplier 36%) are 2 exalt

the rest is up to you, depending on what you need, be it res, ES or whatever.
IGN:
"
Tommie, thanks for this build. I am just coming back to POE since open beta and have a few characters with full respec points. I have been looking for a new build to try and after looking at 10+ good ones, I like yours the best. I wish I still had my 50% maligaros and other items that would work for this build. I really don't have any items for this build, I will have to sell some stuff in order to obtain required items.

Could you please list the items required and recommended along with estimated cost (standard league) of each? (Including gems)

The economy has changed so much in the past 10 months that I have no idea what anything is worth.

I was leveling a triple totem sporker with high IIQ and IIR when I stopped playing. She is currently level 61.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Edit: I know you listed the items in the OP, but I need to know about how much each cost. I don't know how much I will be spending, probably around 20-25 ex. Supposedly because of my legacy items and such I have some wealth.

Also, does increased weapon elemental damage% have any affect on discharge? It seems like you have a lot on your gear. I thought it would only affect skills and not spells.

Hey man!

For items and prices you could check Jiaozy's post since it's pretty accurate. The only required are volls protector and volls devotion(however this can be skipped for manually casting enduring cry but will be a bit slower). Rainbowstrides are nice boots and nothing beat a pair of maligaros. Shield and helmet should have as high es as you cna get, possibly some resists. Rings could be dream fragments(though I dont need the freeze immunity due to a mana flask with freeze dispelt and +1 charge gained per crit) and some resists rings.

Also as Jiaozy said, it can be tough to keep track of all threads as you cant subscribe to them however I'll promise to be more open now. If you got any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info