"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

yeah.. i agree..
with ranged don't have time to loot my items..

"
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
Dude that sucks you get the shits from pizza. Thats just horrible and no one should be forced to live like that.

I agree. But sadly, life doesn't lol.

Did you try asking for whole-grain dough? A good pizzeria will provide you with that option.

Unfortunately though, as you and your "hardcore" friends have told us, that would annihilate the "hardcoreness" of that pizzeria and would totally destroy the enjoyment of eating at that pizzeria for everyone who does not like whole-grain pizza.

Sorry, couldn't resist the troll-food :)

[Edit: added some missing words]

No, you are absolutely correct! It would make it a nub pizza and that is just not acceptable. However, it is the cheese that gets me. So, to be even more hardcore, I eat 5-cheese pizza! GET ON MY LEVEL!
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
"
Tandimonium wrote:

I agree. But sadly, life doesn't lol.

Did you try asking for whole-grain dough? A good pizzeria will provide you with that option.

Unfortunately though, as you and your "hardcore" friends have told us, that would annihilate the "hardcoreness" of that pizzeria and would totally destroy the enjoyment of eating at that pizzeria for everyone who does not like whole-grain pizza.

No, you are absolutely correct! It would make it a nub pizza and that is just not acceptable. However, it is the cheese that gets me. So, to be even more hardcore, I eat 5-cheese pizza! GET ON MY LEVEL!

Except you still have the option of ordering a pizza without cheese. You may not choose to take advantage of that option, but others are certainly able to.
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"

Well, I don't really like your level, the air is stale there.

However, since your account-picture is the symbol for intelligence nodes, you should see the folly of doing something that gives you the shits, so I'll try to help you one last time: try lactose-free cheese, or get rid of the cheese completely. That should stop your shits.
Options make life so much sweeter. Don't you think?

Now that your problem is solved, let's get back to PoE:
Options for the loot-system would allow you to go on with your shits and allow us to enjoy the game. You may like having the shits, others do not. If you feel everybody should have the shits, just because you like it, please refer to your account picture for further guidance.

Thank you.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"

To this day there are still bots in D2. It's impossible to get rid of them completely . It's a game of walls and ladders.

If Microsoft and a ton of Anti-Virus companies with all their manpower cannot get rid of viruses for windows (which runs with much higher privileges than the game). What makes you think GGG can somehow detect a well written bot?

What makes you think they won't make bots to pick up gear even if it's instanced? The whole issue generally with botting in these games is that they do it to obtain money and gear. If you join a party hosted by a bot, you know what is to come. You either leave or tag along.

This "bot" argument doesn't work for the advantage of getting rid of FFA drops. Bot arguments are for people who hate a saturated loot market.
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
"

To this day there are still bots in D2. It's impossible to get rid of them completely . It's a game of walls and ladders.

If Microsoft and a ton of Anti-Virus companies with all their manpower cannot get rid of viruses for windows (which runs with much higher privileges than the game). What makes you think GGG can somehow detect a well written bot?

What makes you think they won't make bots to pick up gear even if it's instanced? The whole issue generally with botting in these games is that they do it to obtain money and gear. If you join a party hosted by a bot, you know what is to come. You either leave or tag along.

This "bot" argument doesn't work for the advantage of getting rid of FFA drops. Bot arguments are for people who hate a saturated loot market.

That's true of course.
But when the loot is FFA bots that pick up loot are catastrophic for real players in the same party (who might not realize the "player" is a bot until they try to talk to it). When the loot is instanced, bots that pick up loot don't really give any advantage.

I completely agree however that bots should not be an argument in a discussion about the loot-system.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"
BarneyRubble wrote:
The "Authorized" thread on this subject grows everyday. It is an issue. Someone stated supporters of POE dont want an option. Im a supporter and I want an option. PVP doesn't Belong with PVE. Thats why they are normally separated. POE is a great game. Please GGG look at the growing Consensus among many. Drooling fanboys are not always the best advisers. no one looking for an option wants to do away with the current option. Just the ability to eliminate the PVP element. The only time I will join a pug is on a boss kill in act 3. There is always someone hovering over a timed piece waiting to ninja it. How does that ad to game experience other than fucking it up? These same people would be ninja looting every thing if nothing was there to stop them. Its human nature for some. Its like a dog eating cat crap. They cant help it. But some find it repugnant.

This sums it up.

I pulled a good friend of mine over to this from another game. We've always played Co-op games, and looting has never been an issue. In POE slowly we started competing over basic drops and the like, and yesterday he ninja'd a rare. It's just the two of us, so there's no hurry to grab the loot, but he did it anyway and it pissed me off so I said something. I told him I find the competitive looting over even basic drops distasteful. He said he would just stop looting, but that over-reaction is not a solution and not what I wanted. Since then, he hasn't even logged in.

It's the system that encourages this behavior. I don't care about the item, it's just another rare, but what bothered me is the way the game is setting up the competition. Don't assign it to someone (and YES IF YOUR NAME IS ON IT FFS, IT'S YOURS) then jerk it out from under them in 3 seconds. Either make it all FFA, or instance the loot.

An option to have instanced looting would fix a lot of these types of problems, and yes, it is a problem. Putting people's name on the gear creates the sense of ownership. Expiring it in 3 seconds, just frustrates a lot of players, and makes for a ninja/troll's wet dream.
I play as a "support" 2xtotem, auras and cures

I dont get any loot at all???

Everything is ninjaed, even the white stuff i mean i dont get anything!!

I max distance from the atural figth doing what i do, and the melee take everything that dropes!!

This loot system is very flawed and grosly unballanced between builds!

Melee ppl have a enormous advantage to get loot ranged have a huge disadvantage!

The timers need to be fixed, as they are it dont work very well.

Sugestion:
Groupe leader can set up the rulez from a list og rulez when the party is created, cant be changed midfigth, then you can leave or not join if you dont agree with the rulez.

1: "FFA" something dropes everyone can grap no timers at alle
2: "GGG" What we se now
3: "Rock and Roll" Leader sets a parameter on what items starts a roll gems, rare uniqe curr
4: D3 style stuff dropes for you only based on your item rarity and quantaty mods

jeah.. all ninjas loooove this lootsystem

i wish u will die to try pickup your legend drop and die... then we will see !

FAILSYSTEM OF THE YEAR
I donated to the game, and it had nothing to do with loot

In fact I hate the current loot system (and the latest patch actually made things worse, Kripp explained it very well why)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info