"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:

And I am saying that you have no grasp on the type of gameplay this game was intended to put forth. In a post by Chris about looting, he even states that they WANT people to have to fight each other for loot. SO, this IS how the game is supposed to be. This IS what the Devs wanted.

I really hope if I get exiled someday it is to a place like you think we should be playing in. Maybe we can all hold hands and sing songs.

Yeah we get it, you are a tough and cynical guy. Let's not elaborate on that for now, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

It does not matter, that Chris may or may not have stated, that they intended it this way. I'm pretty sure they did, since it's existing this way and they made it. Duh.

This is feedback. All I'm saying is, that I think it's pointless.

And people who are defending it, make it sound as if this was some kind of skill involving or "pro" aspect of the game, which we "whiners" are just to bad for. That's the hilarious part.

Because it is actually hurting the gaming experience and actually encouraging non-"pro" behaviour. Because he who cares more about grabbing his epiX in time is the one who's not getting the point of the game - plus is really lacking some basic social skills. A common phenomenon these days sadly.

Well, aren't we all about being derogatory. Keep the insults out of the debate bud, they just make it look like you have no leg to stand on.

As for skill, you are right, it SHOULDN'T take skill to click on an item before the timer runs out. But seeing as there are a lot of people complaining that everything is unfair gives me the impression that it must take skill to do this.

Not-Feedback: The loot system is broke and supports only assholes and it HAS to be fixed or this game will FAIL!

Any chance you see a difference??

Goddammit. Don't demand chivalry from others, when you don't provide it yourself.

The first feedback (still in CB) on the loot system was constructive.
Then people like you swooped in and declared everyone who didn't like FFA a noob, who can't click on his looties in time.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
"
There is nothing wrong with FFA

What is wrong with FFA is that it is a system that encourages you to act like a jerk and ignore the virtues of teamwork and friendly cooperation. It rewards you for being greedy and a bad partner. It's a bad system, pure and simple, and it poisons communities very quickly.

It creates a accurate gaming experience in PoE. Do you think that a island of exiles are not out for themselves? Were talking a island full of criminals.

Are we all RPing? Come on, don't give me nonsense about the setting. It's a game mechanic and it's not a good one. End of story.
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:

There is nothing wrong with FFA.

No nothing is wrong with FFA in a non PvP setting, indeed if I set out to deliberately design a mechanism that was more open to exploitation I could not do better despite my years of experience. FFA is a masterpiece of antisocial engineering. Without a doubt the most exploitable, griefer friendly, piece of garbage code I've ever seen in a game of any kind.

You should check out EvE online. This game is an episode from barney compared to that.
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"

I'm glad to see you too. (No, really!)

The game changes according to what the players want it to be. I, as a party leader make up rules that are followed by the players, just today I started a party that had "No Ninjas" in the description. Guess what, it was full under a minutes. And I just had to kick one guy. Four others apparently liked the rules set forth by me.

You will not be able to make me follow your silly rules. Just as nobody is able to stop you from going over the speed limit. You can make it harder or annoying for us, but won't be able to bend us to your rules.

Ok, cool. So you keep making your no ninja games and then the devs don't have to change the loot system!

I'll quote mrmath here (who is on "your" side) [http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/85520/page/34#p954675]:
"
mrmath wrote:
I generally play with friends in private parties and we full share everything.

Even "your" people don't actually use FFA. It a useless vestige from the 90s.

FFA can stay in the game for the rares times someone wants to play FFA. For the rest of us it's just fucking annoying.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"
Unimatrix wrote:

Where do you see an insult? I did not insult you in any way.

I do see the difference, and I absolutely see my comments under what you labeled as feedback. I mentioned numerous times, that I don't even participate in situations where it would be relevant. And even if they would change it, I'd still not play in random groups.

I just don't get how it is fun or competitive to drag the attention away from the actual gameplay to make sure you get the loot you deserve. It simply doesn't make sense to me, that is all.

It's basically like adding a pointless minigame that is more of an annoyance than anything and hence my credo, that it has no place in a game like this. It just doesn't seem to fit the high standards this game has aside from it.

"
Yeah we get it, you are a tough and cynical guy. Let's not elaborate on that for now, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

That hurts man! You made me sob all over my moobs! How can I possibly go on knowing that is how you think of me!
"
Tandimonium wrote:

That hurts man! You made me sob all over my moobs! How can I possibly go on knowing that is how you think of me!

There's the cynic again. Damn he's on fire today.
"
Tandimonium wrote:

You should check out EvE online. This game is an episode from barney compared to that.

Yeah been there done that, back then I wasn't quite as nice a guy. I was one of the multiboxing griefers... honestly was pretty fun. So much for my ethical stance here! LOL

EDIT: Ooops stuck additional message in wrong place.
Last edited by Omnivore61 on Jan 31, 2013, 10:34:29 AM
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:

Yeah been there done that, back then I wasn't quite as nice a guy. I was one of the multiboxing griefers... honestly was pretty fun. So much for my ethical stance here! LOL

EDIT: Ooops stuck additional message in wrong place.

I did so love being a pirate :D I even got some hate mail once lol.
Dude that sucks you get the shits from pizza. Thats just horrible and no one should be forced to live like that.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
Dude that sucks you get the shits from pizza. Thats just horrible and no one should be forced to live like that.

I agree. But sadly, life doesn't lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info