"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

"
ComMcNeil wrote:

I had a similar idea but there are also disadvantages, at least for my playstyle.

Personally, I specifically like the current loot system when playing with friends. If I for some reason do not see an item in time (or its just outside my view), a friend just needs to wait a few seconds and can grab it themself. Its not like I would not get it if I need it.
If your proposed change came in, this would no longer be so easy, as they would not see drops for me and may run out of screen before it even becomes visible for them.

Worst case: unique drops, noone sees it, it stays on the ground. As unlikely as it sounds, I am sure this will happen.

The best solution would be to just fix the "blocking" of loot and increase the timer a little bit, somewhere around 50 to 100% (depending on the distance too, nearer loot should be a longer increase)

You never would think to type in chat "Hey, there's a unique over here for anyone who wants it" so no one would miss it? When I'm playing with my friend, I Skype with him and tell him what dropped where that I don't want. Gosh, it's not hard.
"

For the duration of the timer, only the player that has their name on the item can see the item. The item is invisible to all other players. After the timer runs out, the item appears for the rest of the player and everyone has a fair chance at looting it. Possibly even add another second after it appears for the player to get there.

The people who can't see the loot can't camp it. They can't block with ice wall. They can't see what isn't reserved for them. They'll most likely be in the wrong spot or off screen when it appears. Though if you don't make it in time (or you don't want it and decide not to grab it), your item appears and anyone can grab it.

I'm going to quote myself in hopes of stopping the insults and bickering that's going on instead of giving developers solutions.

Personally, I find the current system to be perfectly fine. I miss some loot. I get other peoples loot. No big deal. But to please the masses, this is the only thing I suggest.

Instance loot would make the game boring personally. I enjoy fighting my bud over gear, he got sad I took an exalted orb but I gave it to him anyway.
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
Dude that sucks you get the shits from pizza. Thats just horrible and no one should be forced to live like that.

I agree. But sadly, life doesn't lol.

Did you try asking for whole-grain dough? A good pizzeria will provide you with that option.

Unfortunately though, as you and your "hardcore" friends have told us, that would annihilate the "hardcoreness" of that pizzeria and would totally destroy the enjoyment of eating at that pizzeria for everyone who does not like whole-grain pizza.

Sorry, couldn't resist the troll-food :)

[Edit: added some missing words]
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
Last edited by KorganBloodaxe on Jan 31, 2013, 5:48:00 PM
I'd just like to point out, the fact that the loot system is meant to be bad doesn't mean it's any less bad.

There's just no possible argument for this mechanic that hurts team-play, community-spirit, netiquette and has the only very questionable upside that assholes get more loot. Oh yeah- it also works with the LORE. Ok.
Why don't the seasons fear the reaper?
Last edited by FluffyMeowington on Jan 31, 2013, 9:11:38 PM
Look at the end of the day, if the loot system isn't changed/fixed/options given, hacks will come out for PoE in the exact same way that they came out on D2.

You will basically have bot programs that auto pick up loot as soon as it runs out of timer for other people, and then it will turn into a massive hack fest just like D2 did, which ruined the game in the long run
"
deteego wrote:
Look at the end of the day, if the loot system isn't changed/fixed/options given, hacks will come out for PoE in the exact same way that they came out on D2.

You will basically have bot programs that auto pick up loot as soon as it runs out of timer for other people, and then it will turn into a massive hack fest just like D2 did, which ruined the game in the long run

Somehow I doubt that GGG would let that happen. Also, the bots in D2 were put down as well.
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
As a long time hard core pvp veteran of various games, I have to say, FFA looting in a PvE context sucks the big one. It is practically all reward and no risk for the 'ninja'. If the devs truly wanted a 'cut throat' feel, then allow pvp and full corpse looting along with FFA and longer portal/alt-f4 delays. That would be hardcore. This is phfftt playground bully in a rich kid's school. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

What I don't get is why you all feel so threatened by an instance loot option.
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

Somehow I doubt that GGG would let that happen. Also, the bots in D2 were put down as well.

Lol what are they going to do to stop bots? Not even big companies can stop bots. And what D2 bots were put down? That is and remains one of the most infested games ever, right along with D3. D3 is a bot haven. People re-buy games 24/7 that gets banned 24/7 simply because they cant be stopped. PoE is flat out free. What is going to stop people that rebuy D3 games from mass botting PoE if there is money to be made?

Nothing. I like GGG, but there isn't much companies can do to stop cheaters unless they harm regular players as well, like captchas on everything.

IMO, it is just a matter of time before we see 500000 Mirrors and mirror items infesting the servers. People always find a way when you think there isn't one.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 1, 2013, 2:56:50 AM
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
"
deteego wrote:

To this day there are still bots in D2. It's impossible to get rid of them completely . It's a game of walls and ladders.

If Microsoft and a ton of Anti-Virus companies with all their manpower cannot get rid of viruses for windows (which runs with much higher privileges than the game). What makes you think GGG can somehow detect a well written bot?
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
Timer needs to be increased to 20 seconds for yellow items or above.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info