[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
I am now at 4k life, 68k dps with double strike and 12k with spectral throw, and max resistances. I am able to do T7 maps with comfort, unless say a chaos damage user comes up.

I am now working on life leech on my passives.

I don't see how to get 5k life with this build, but I can see 4.5k with good life leech. Does that survive the endgame?

I am stumped on dps, outside of getting an expensive new weapon.

is that 68k just sitting in your hideout? or with full frenzy charges and atziri's popped?

your belt has low life on it. your two rings have almost no life on them. life on a helm can go over 100, same on boots.

your gloves are spiked but dont have flat phys or attack speed

is there a reason you aren't using jewel sockets? they are extremely powerful. example: would you rather have the two nodes by martial expertise that give you a total of 24% damage or a strength node and a jewel socket with a jewel that can give you 7% life and like 40% damage?

My 68k is with htred, ash, and flame golem. Full frenzy, I get 88k.

I am having trouble finding better spiked gloves I can afford right now. Should I just stop trying to rush it and just level and gather currency for awhile?

I am planning on replacing my rings next.

As for Jewels, I have a ton a refund points for when I find the right jewel. However, where can I find a jewel that powerful? I just replaced one of my passives with a better jewel. I now gained 2k on my Hatred, HOA, and FG dps rate, at 70k for double strike and 15k for throw.
Last edited by texasgoldrush on Sep 9, 2017, 2:31:17 PM
"
Ciarre wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Ciarre wrote:
Hi, Say_Ten,

Thanks for the build! It generally runs great, but I think I may be missing life. I'm always self found, so it's often difficult to find decent life/res items.
With Daresso's equipped, armor is 6k, res maxxed (but just barely) chaos res horrible, and hp only 3500. I take a lot of damage at every fight until leeching kicks in and sometimes it's not enough...
Any suggestions besides more life gear? Once stabilized, this char kicks major butt with either st or ds, but insta-deaths kind of interfere with the fun. ;)

Thanks!

are you SSF or against trading? you could easily upgrade some things, but all of it is upgradeable. your belt and helm are decent but everything else needs some work. and i guess the weapon is fine for now.

besides more life gear, you need more flat physical damage on your jewelry

let me know what you want to do..if you are going to trade or not...and we can come up with a plan

Thanks for replying. I'm not SSF or anti-trading, but just never have.

Add me in game and I'll help you out
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
I am now at 4k life, 68k dps with double strike and 12k with spectral throw, and max resistances. I am able to do T7 maps with comfort, unless say a chaos damage user comes up.

I am now working on life leech on my passives.

I don't see how to get 5k life with this build, but I can see 4.5k with good life leech. Does that survive the endgame?

I am stumped on dps, outside of getting an expensive new weapon.

is that 68k just sitting in your hideout? or with full frenzy charges and atziri's popped?

your belt has low life on it. your two rings have almost no life on them. life on a helm can go over 100, same on boots.

your gloves are spiked but dont have flat phys or attack speed

is there a reason you aren't using jewel sockets? they are extremely powerful. example: would you rather have the two nodes by martial expertise that give you a total of 24% damage or a strength node and a jewel socket with a jewel that can give you 7% life and like 40% damage?

My 68k is with htred, ash, and flame golem. Full frenzy, I get 88k.

I am having trouble finding better spiked gloves I can afford right now. Should I just stop trying to rush it and just level and gather currency for awhile?

I am planning on replacing my rings next.

As for Jewels, I have a ton a refund points for when I find the right jewel. However, where can I find a jewel that powerful? I just replaced one of my passives with a better jewel. I now gained 2k on my Hatred, HOA, and FG dps rate, at 70k for double strike and 15k for throw.

Next time I'm on I'll look for jewels for you in my stash. Probably don't have anything crazy but I'll see
Reached 500k DPS on Double Strike now with this build fully buffed (At least according to Path of Building lol). I'm pretty happy how it came out, considering this is my first ever serious toon :)
Just need to 6L my weapon and I think I'm complete. Thanks for the awesome guide, Say_Ten!

Path of building: https://pastebin.com/4wFbJekZ

In-game tooltip:
https://imgur.com/a/bO6OV

If anyone somehow wants to see my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Serale/characters?characterName=SeraleEverstar
"
Serale wrote:
Reached 500k DPS on Double Strike now with this build fully buffed (At least according to Path of Building lol). I'm pretty happy how it came out, considering this is my first ever serious toon :)
Just need to 6L my weapon and I think I'm complete. Thanks for the awesome guide, Say_Ten!

Path of building: https://pastebin.com/4wFbJekZ

In-game tooltip:
https://imgur.com/a/bO6OV

If anyone somehow wants to see my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Serale/characters?characterName=SeraleEverstar

pretty awesome. 6L starforge would be dope. lion's roar is a little annoying with double strike but obviously you are getting a lot of damage from that. you could also rock a taste of hate for a bit of offense and defense instead of lion's roar.
Yeah it was annoying at first, but I got the hang of it positioning my totem to be just right so the boss gets knocked towards the center of the both of us lol.

As for taste of hate, wouldn't it do nothing (DPS-wise) considering Starforge makes me deal no Elemental damage?
"
Serale wrote:
Yeah it was annoying at first, but I got the hang of it positioning my totem to be just right so the boss gets knocked towards the center of the both of us lol.

As for taste of hate, wouldn't it do nothing (DPS-wise) considering Starforge makes me deal no Elemental damage?

ahh yes, my bad...i don't think in terms of starforge terms usually haha

seems like you've got the best setup then for the most part
Hey! This is the first time I've gotten so high level (I know, sad :P) and I'm about to start mapping soon. I feel a bit squishy, but I'm also not sure if that is because I play kind of badly. What do you think of my gear? My GF is running purity of elements with her build so my resists are effectively 75% (ignoring chaos lol..)
"
InquisitorXun wrote:
Hey! This is the first time I've gotten so high level (I know, sad :P) and I'm about to start mapping soon. I feel a bit squishy, but I'm also not sure if that is because I play kind of badly. What do you think of my gear? My GF is running purity of elements with her build so my resists are effectively 75% (ignoring chaos lol..)

You need more life on all your gear. Your gloves are actually really good and you should spend the 4C (and a scout) to remove the mana leech and add life via Haku bench.

All the other stuff needs to be upgraded except for Kondo's, which is fine for now. For jewelry you want at least 60 or more life, two resists with a sum of 60% or more and flat physical damage on them. Mana leech on one a plus. Belt and helm should be at least 80 life and tri res (75 or more), boots 65 life and two red and movement speed.
I'm currently trying out this build (currently with self-found stuff only), and like it very much so far. Recently, I found the Haemophilia gloves, and could not resist trying them out.

So far, they seem to work quite well, clear speed was much faster and the monster chain explosions are extremely satisfying, but I'm only in Act 8 (my highest level char so far). For my noob eyes, the build also seems to be well suited to bleed damage, with the strong focus on physical, and many of the bleed nodes within easy reach.

My question now, as I have not much experience with PoE mechanics: Do you think it's worthwile to spec more into bleed and sacrifice some sword damage nodes for this? For example, go for Bloodletting with the 40% damage increase, or Red Storm? Is Crimson Dance worth it - it seems to synergize well with the high attack speed of Dual Strike to stack the dot? With some of these nodes stacked, I could have a 100% chance to cause bleeding.

From what I read, bleed damage is deemed underpowered in this patch, but my feeling is it could work well here. However, I do not know if it becomes useless in later stages of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info