[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
LordDeath86 wrote:
About the leveling the passive tree:
It is suggested that we invest our skill points into two-handed passives like 'Destroyer', 'Executioner' and 'Wrecking Ball' very early on.
But according to [1] we will get more sockets in two-handed weapons only with higher item levels.
Would it make sense to delay the acquirement of these skills and get something like 'Iron Grip' first? Until then I would use a 1h weapon + shield with 3 linked sockets each.

[1] https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_socket#Number_of_sockets

Nah, won't matter. 1h weapons are faster, so you will spend more mana. 1h weapons can only get up to 3 sockets/links on them. Before you can even contemplate [1] you will be finding stuff with 4 sockets and 3-4 links.

Go for the damage...it will help you plow through the earlier content.
Hello, Say10

could you tell me .. again what should i change in my set at this moment?

I have 4.8k hp and around 14k buffed DPS also 5.5k Armor

And im progressing through t6-10 maps it kinda challenging for me ;D
Last edited by kris24343 on Sep 8, 2017, 7:46:51 AM
"
kris24343 wrote:
Hello, Say10

could you tell me .. again what should i change in my set at this moment?

I have 4.8k hp and around 14k buffed DPS also 5.5k Armor

And im progressing through t6-10 maps it kinda challenging for me ;D

all of your gear looks pretty decent. still crafting spots open on your amulet and right ring.

also follow my flask guide. get an atziri's promise and the jade and granite flasks (rumi's is a good choice for granite).
Oks Ty,

I have some hoarded currency i want to spend somehow :D

BTW should i get The Rat's Nest Helm at this point? And why is it Best in slot it doesnt provide that much defence.
Hi, Say_Ten,

Thanks for the build! It generally runs great, but I think I may be missing life. I'm always self found, so it's often difficult to find decent life/res items.
With Daresso's equipped, armor is 6k, res maxxed (but just barely) chaos res horrible, and hp only 3500. I take a lot of damage at every fight until leeching kicks in and sometimes it's not enough...
Any suggestions besides more life gear? Once stabilized, this char kicks major butt with either st or ds, but insta-deaths kind of interfere with the fun. ;)

Thanks!
I am now at 4k life, 68k dps with double strike and 12k with spectral throw, and max resistances. I am able to do T7 maps with comfort, unless say a chaos damage user comes up.

I am now working on life leech on my passives.

I don't see how to get 5k life with this build, but I can see 4.5k with good life leech. Does that survive the endgame?

I am stumped on dps, outside of getting an expensive new weapon.
Last edited by texasgoldrush on Sep 9, 2017, 12:04:01 AM
"
kris24343 wrote:
Oks Ty,

I have some hoarded currency i want to spend somehow :D

BTW should i get The Rat's Nest Helm at this point? And why is it Best in slot it doesnt provide that much defence.

Rat's Nest isn't necessarily BIS...I just used it one league and it helped to give me *some* crit and attack speed and movement speed. I really good rare helm is where it's at. For higher priced options, look for over 100 life and tri res.
"
Ciarre wrote:
Hi, Say_Ten,

Thanks for the build! It generally runs great, but I think I may be missing life. I'm always self found, so it's often difficult to find decent life/res items.
With Daresso's equipped, armor is 6k, res maxxed (but just barely) chaos res horrible, and hp only 3500. I take a lot of damage at every fight until leeching kicks in and sometimes it's not enough...
Any suggestions besides more life gear? Once stabilized, this char kicks major butt with either st or ds, but insta-deaths kind of interfere with the fun. ;)

Thanks!

are you SSF or against trading? you could easily upgrade some things, but all of it is upgradeable. your belt and helm are decent but everything else needs some work. and i guess the weapon is fine for now.

besides more life gear, you need more flat physical damage on your jewelry

let me know what you want to do..if you are going to trade or not...and we can come up with a plan
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
I am now at 4k life, 68k dps with double strike and 12k with spectral throw, and max resistances. I am able to do T7 maps with comfort, unless say a chaos damage user comes up.

I am now working on life leech on my passives.

I don't see how to get 5k life with this build, but I can see 4.5k with good life leech. Does that survive the endgame?

I am stumped on dps, outside of getting an expensive new weapon.

is that 68k just sitting in your hideout? or with full frenzy charges and atziri's popped?

your belt has low life on it. your two rings have almost no life on them. life on a helm can go over 100, same on boots.

your gloves are spiked but dont have flat phys or attack speed

is there a reason you aren't using jewel sockets? they are extremely powerful. example: would you rather have the two nodes by martial expertise that give you a total of 24% damage or a strength node and a jewel socket with a jewel that can give you 7% life and like 40% damage?
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Ciarre wrote:
Hi, Say_Ten,

Thanks!

are you SSF or against trading? you could easily upgrade some things, but all of it is upgradeable. your belt and helm are decent but everything else needs some work. and i guess the weapon is fine for now.

besides more life gear, you need more flat physical damage on your jewelry

let me know what you want to do..if you are going to trade or not...and we can come up with a plan

Thanks for replying. I'm not SSF or anti-trading, but just never have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info