[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

Simas345, Cairen is correct. Also keep in mind that the tooltip DPS doesn't really tell you much about how spectral throw friggin destroys the enemy. It can hit multiple times on the way to the enemy and back. Plus there are multiple weapons when you use Lesser Multiple Projectiles. The attack is beautiful for a hybrid melee/ranged way to kill packs of monsters.

Also, you can try out the tabula, obviously. My recommendation would be to use it for now with Blood Magic equipped on whichever attack you want to use, provided you have enough life regeneration. I doubt at level 15 you will be able to properly use a 6L skill though unless you are using support gems that don't have mana cost modifiers.

For Double Strike, try: Double Strike, Melee Physical, Added Fire or Fortify, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Blood Magic

For Spectral Throw, Try: Spectral Throw, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Faster Attacks, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Added Fire, Blood Magic
yeah i use everything you said except blood magic i use life leech instead, because i got some rings with life gain/leech and i dont mind spamming mana now, because im only at act 2 merciless lvl 59 :D yeah and i noticed at 5L ST gets really strong, hits multiple times, i use leap slam to jump even further away from my spectral throws :D oh i noticed that wild strike goes really well with this build, but that one really needs blood magic, i think i will have wild strike for my next character, oh and tabula rasa is nothing special, except for leveling till cruel, then you have to have armor etc.

I stacked up some nice resist bonus, some life and armour/evasion rating and iron reflexes made me very tanky.

i thank you for this build because it is very right in so many ways and super fun to throw three spectral weapons and double strike with nice support gems tears through bosses like a hot knife through butter! cheers
Last edited by simas345 on Sep 1, 2015, 3:01:14 AM
"
simas345 wrote:
yeah i use everything you said except blood magic i use life leech instead, because i got some rings with life gain/leech and i dont mind spamming mana now, because im only at act 2 merciless lvl 59 :D yeah and i noticed at 5L ST gets really strong, hits multiple times, i use leap slam to jump even further away from my spectral throws :D oh i noticed that wild strike goes really well with this build, but that one really needs blood magic, i think i will have wild strike for my next character, oh and tabula rasa is nothing special, except for leveling till cruel, then you have to have armor etc.

I stacked up some nice resist bonus, some life and armour/evasion rating and iron reflexes made me very tanky.

i thank you for this build because it is very right in so many ways and super fun to throw three spectral weapons and double strike with nice support gems tears through bosses like a hot knife through butter! cheers

funny you mention wild strike because i am running a build off that now (based on another guy's though). mana is an issue if you are not using a claw or running a blood magic gem. clear speed seems similar between spectral throw and wild strike but for volatile enemies the ST is really nice to have.

thanks for the kind words, i really do love the simplicity of this build!
re-spec'd a couple more nodes and basically aiming to take all of the immediate life nodes. if i have the patience to get to 94, i will have all of them.
Okay so I think I'm missing something. I just linked my reduced mana gem with hatred and herald of ash. I looked up the gem(reduced mana) and it says it doesn't work with reserved mana. How is it possible to run grace and hatred if they both require 50% and reduced mana doesn't work with them? Is this a new thing or am I missing something? Also, what is the point of immortal call? Do you still get a damage reduction bonus when you have no endurance charges? I don't know how you would get endurance charges so it seems useless unless you still get a bonus. Please help me to understand someone. :P
Last edited by Standardbmxguy22 on Sep 21, 2015, 6:28:31 PM
"
How is it possible to run grace and hatred if they both require 50% and reduced mana doesn't work with them?

You need to get some "reduced Mana Reserved" nodes or get one of the unique items that reduced mana reservation.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mana_reservation

"
Okay so I think I'm missing something. I just linked my reduced mana gem with hatred and herald of ash. I looked up the gem(reduced mana) and it says it doesn't work with reserved mana. How is it possible to run grace and hatred if they both require 50% and reduced mana doesn't work with them? Is this a new thing or am I missing something? Also, what is the point of immortal call? Do you still get a damage reduction bonus when you have no endurance charges? I don't know how you would get endurance charges so it seems useless unless you still get a bonus. Please help me to understand someone. :P

in 2.0 they changed reduced mana so it is no longer used. i deleted that off the build awhile ago. the enlighten gem reduces mana reservation, which helps.

you can run two 50% auras without aura nodes/help if you have a blood magic gem equipped on your skills. i really would only run blood magic if i had 6L weapon and armor BOTH. otherwise just swap hatred for grace when you need more defense.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Sep 29, 2015, 10:05:59 AM
also forgot to mention that Alpha's Howl is a good helm if you are burning through mana and want multiple auras/heralds
added some sample trees from poebuilder to the leveling guide section per a request
merged my 91 and 89 (essentially just used real jewels on my 91) and my DPS is 145k

it will probably stay that way for awhile since i don't really play much in standard league but there is a bit of optimization left on the table, depending on how much money i (you) want to blow on gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info