Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Spectral Throw - Faster Attacks - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Added Fire Damage - Life Leech/Life on Hit

I quickly scanned the thread and some one else already brought this up. In the video you show LMP but it's not listed here. Where do you feel LMP should be?

So far the build is fairly fun. I think I'm going to go with an axe rendition instead because I have a decent axe I can use. This is the skill tree I will probably go for if anyone has any thoughts/comments on it. Also uses 6 less points
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecDlgUtB3UJlg48E0wUcRfhGNsaVRrkIVUhYCSbJvgnICmlLPswdzIJMn41kjboOQ46UjsoPC1AoEF0RJ5HfkrITjJTu1ivWf5eE2BDYSFkUmVNZadl8GebagRqpWxGbj1uqm87cmx07XTxdU52K3gNeHp673t0e8OAioLkgwmDzITZhO-GYIdqiI-KIoqvkBGQbJd5n8umjacwqSepbqmUrj6uULXytz69Nr6Avqe-vMAawKbBo8au2L3awdw94mHkUesJ90346_0w_go=?accountName=Say_Ten&characterName=GRUNDLE_POLICE

I was curious why in the sword build you prioritized Brutal Blade and Slashing Attack over Razor's Edge and Blademaster. It seems like quite a few points could be saved by going that route.
Is the pathing for the passives still viable for just going Pure Spectral Throw? I'm following the build and Spectral Throw on its own is doing well for single target as well.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Haeos wrote:
"
Spectral Throw - Faster Attacks - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Added Fire Damage - Life Leech/Life on Hit

I quickly scanned the thread and some one else already brought this up. In the video you show LMP but it's not listed here. Where do you feel LMP should be?

So far the build is fairly fun. I think I'm going to go with an axe rendition instead because I have a decent axe I can use. This is the skill tree I will probably go for if anyone has any thoughts/comments on it. Also uses 6 less points
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecDlgUtB3UJlg48E0wUcRfhGNsaVRrkIVUhYCSbJvgnICmlLPswdzIJMn41kjboOQ46UjsoPC1AoEF0RJ5HfkrITjJTu1ivWf5eE2BDYSFkUmVNZadl8GebagRqpWxGbj1uqm87cmx07XTxdU52K3gNeHp673t0e8OAioLkgwmDzITZhO-GYIdqiI-KIoqvkBGQbJd5n8umjacwqSepbqmUrj6uULXytz69Nr6Avqe-vMAawKbBo8au2L3awdw94mHkUesJ90346_0w_go=?accountName=Say_Ten&characterName=GRUNDLE_POLICE

I was curious why in the sword build you prioritized Brutal Blade and Slashing Attack over Razor's Edge and Blademaster. It seems like quite a few points could be saved by going that route.

I must have accidentally deleted that when I was editing. There were only 5 skill gems listed for ST. LMP is an absolute must for AOE/crowds. Thanks for catching that. LMP is more important than any of those. If you're 4L, go with ST, LMP, Faster Attacks and Phys Projectile Damage.

You don't need to specify a weapon type until you are higher level (lvl 80+). Even at higher level if you found a badass axe and it would outweigh the damage and accuracy rating of a sword, I would choose the axe. There are just more sword nodes to play with.

As far as the tree, if you are going with an axe, it looks good. With extra points, I would take the smaller nodes for the axe damage underneath the ranger. Also you are close to multiple jewel slots you could take advantage of and some life/life regen nodes too.

The other good thing about the build, in general, is that you are always close to a bunch of useful defensive nodes if your offense is overbalanced or vice versa.

Interesting thought going to the axe nodes by the Marauder. To be honest, I didn't even think to try to pick up the sword nodes on that side of the tree. When I re-spec'd recently after the patch, it was quick and dirty. I could maybe see what happens when I respect out that way and away from the ranger's sword nodes and see if there is any difference in damage and what to do with points saved.
"
Is the pathing for the passives still viable for just going Pure Spectral Throw? I'm following the build and Spectral Throw on its own is doing well for single target as well.

I usually recommend focusing on ST for HC characters since you will probably want to do a bit more kiting. I agree with you that the damage is excellent.

That being said, the damage is still going to be great for both skills and the difference is really just in A) take projectile damage instead of melee damage from the beginning and B) with an abundance of extra skill points you could take even more projectile nodes.

Just keep in mind that in a lot of scenarios, leaping onto an enemy and DS'ing their face off can take a fraction of a second, which means they can't attack/cast/whatever. ST takes longer to kill things and gives the enemy more time to piss you off.
Spoiler
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Haeos wrote:
"

Spoiler

I must have accidentally deleted that when I was editing. There were only 5 skill gems listed for ST. LMP is an absolute must for AOE/crowds. Thanks for catching that. LMP is more important than any of those. If you're 4L, go with ST, LMP, Faster Attacks and Phys Projectile Damage.

You don't need to specify a weapon type until you are higher level (lvl 80+). Even at higher level if you found a badass axe and it would outweigh the damage and accuracy rating of a sword, I would choose the axe. There are just more sword nodes to play with.

As far as the tree, if you are going with an axe, it looks good. With extra points, I would take the smaller nodes for the axe damage underneath the ranger. Also you are close to multiple jewel slots you could take advantage of and some life/life regen nodes too.

The other good thing about the build, in general, is that you are always close to a bunch of useful defensive nodes if your offense is overbalanced or vice versa.

Interesting thought going to the axe nodes by the Marauder. To be honest, I didn't even think to try to pick up the sword nodes on that side of the tree. When I re-spec'd recently after the patch, it was quick and dirty. I could maybe see what happens when I respect out that way and away from the ranger's sword nodes and see if there is any difference in damage and what to do with points saved.

I figured LMP was the highest priority but wanted to make sure.

I'm very interested in seeing how this builds plays at high levels. I saw the video but I mean more experiencing the play myself. Two of my characters have great clear speeds but once I get to the boss it comes to a "crashing" halt. They still die but it feels like it takes far too long. I think this build will help clear up any of those issues.

There really didn't seem to be much difference between Mara/Ranger sword nodes, just the few points saved. The Axe variant I think has slightly more damage but loses out on a little more accuracy which is why it interested me. As you mentioned, it'll depend on the weapon I get and all that jazz.

Thanks for the reply.
Something I've been wondering about while leveling, how do you deal with the mana costs of both ablities?

I didn't see mana leech in the set up or much at all. I know leveling can leave you mana starved but I don't see any regen or discussion of it being an issue so I'm wondering what I'm missing.
I just dealt with it. You have to pot everytime you face a pack. Early on at least I felt it was way easier to just pick one or the other of Hatred and Herald of Ash to turn on as you said maintaining enough mana is slightly difficult early on. As you level up the extra mana on level up does taper off the difficulty.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Yeah I've been potting and so forth, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. I looked at his gear and I didn't pay attention to gloves/ring. Mana leech on all of those, question figured out.
"
Haeos wrote:
Yeah I've been potting and so forth, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. I looked at his gear and I didn't pay attention to gloves/ring. Mana leech on all of those, question figured out.

if you read some of the posts (yeah, sucks, there are a lot) i was answering some guys about that. generally i found some leech and regen on equipment and after you start to do enough physical damage per hit it's fine. you can always take some mana/mana regen nodes earlier. there are some directly under the ranger.

also i should be playing today on and off and i'll stay logged in. send me a message or friend request if you want to play or have more questions.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Aug 8, 2015, 7:32:10 AM
just an update: with a less than ideal gear setup and number of sockets to put skills into, i stopped using blood rage. the defensive bonus you get from the CWDT setup is just too good to pass up.

you want Level 1 CWDT and right now i have it linked it to enfeeble and immortal call with increased duration.

i have two spare skill gem sockets so i kept decoy totem and now i also have vaal grace equipped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info