[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

finally tried to kill atziri again last night (2nd time ever) and succeeded. this was even with the extra health from another player (facebreaker cyclone build) who pretty much insta-died. i didn't die at all.
just a question the level points for the tree is that the up to date one to use and any chance of advising what type of jewels to use?

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
just a question the level points for the tree is that the up to date one to use and any chance of advising what type of jewels to use?

thanks

updated the link on the first page. i actually realized when i was playing last week that i didn't do the act iv quests, so i was able to get 3 more skill points. also killed merciless malachai without dying no problem.

the 4 jewels i am using are all about damage. basically combos of 2h phys damage, flat damage, attack speed (flat, 2h, sword), etc. if you need extra resists or something like that then you can try to find one that works for you. generally i find the resists are over-capped with this build so you can focus more on damage.

also worth noting that a lot of my gems still aren't 20/20 so there is more damage to gain.

FYI, my life is somewhere between 3900 and 4000, so not even that crazy.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
finally tried to kill atziri again last night (2nd time ever) and succeeded. this was even with the extra health from another player (facebreaker cyclone build) who pretty much insta-died. i didn't die at all.

Which is why I switch over to a much tankier build. We should try out atziri again. I should be able to deal with the damage this time.
"
curteck wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Which is why I switch over to a much tankier build. We should try out atziri again. I should be able to deal with the damage this time.

ready when you are!
added some brief, preliminary info to the original post. tree changes for 2.1 look like they are going to help us out and i'm looking forward to running this build again.
A couple of questions:

1. I'm guessing you won't be using the new Spectral Throw Jewel? Why not?

2. Any idea on how to make this more Hardcore viable? Which damage nodes are least important?
"
nyderic wrote:
A couple of questions:

1. I'm guessing you won't be using the new Spectral Throw Jewel? Why not?

2. Any idea on how to make this more Hardcore viable? Which damage nodes are least important?

Sorry I'm responding late. You can always message me in-game too.

1. Why do you say that? Spectral Throw is still integral to this build and it's also been re-buffed, making things better for us. If you're asking why I don't go for projectile damage, its because I focus on melee damage a bit more, and I believe I explained why in the original post.

2. The best way to make this into a HC tree is to focus on life in favor of nodes that just do flat phys damage or attack speed. Depending on how much attack speed you already have, you can choose which to get rid of. This build is very strong without crazy high end gear and really comes down to play stay. I also mentioned to another guy in this post that for HC I would probably focus more on ST vs. DS because then you can kite a bit. So you could take some projectile damage nodes and swap out a gem for Life Gain on Hit or something to make you more defensive.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I am still loving this build and I run it as my first character every new season to confirm that and keep you guys updated.
Guys, so what about an updated passive tree? I tried to create one myself, but I'm afraid that it will be shit. I'm not that experienced with the game you see.

Okay, I made one. It's a draft, obviously. I focused on damage thats not melee nor projectile mostly - increase physical and swords nodes. All the leech that I could find nearby, health and that's it I think.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13yl3vDVujgld0NFSAISbLcFHVbr6TCKaV08RjbvqcZtC2DZU2E2Ud-vTaaam8nI9NOKuXF9UYceBpVYSGI7foY7nrh76n6NugUTfxLvJ8YkTpSMn4bqhRxDjx-mmMX137BBwMAgTryWhDwIVVeE8CmB3XcPScgiiIs-1dUirOTqGFS704RGnNrhmBuqqluWK94DcAabzu18qknhO94eqmUh2rYvTWSaqVqBP0wxq48LYPMtz7-ChrkiI8xnqZXTeP-j4Nf8kGCB9l8975ul_Kcns3SIQ==
Last edited by voxceleste on Dec 14, 2015, 7:04:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info