Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

Or you could also buy a Tabula Rasa for a few chaos and also get a 6L, with no color requirement that will carry your whole leveling process and will not limit you to a single weapon.
-
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Or you could also buy a Tabula Rasa for a few chaos and also get a 6L, with no color requirement that will carry your whole leveling process and will not limit you to a single weapon.
When leveling ele bower, you're not going to get anything significantly better than a Storm Cloud until you're almost to maps. That's why it's so good.
Pretty much any random ele bow at level 35 and beyond will outperform storm cloud and by level 49, vastly outperform storm cloud and will cost barely a few chaos.

6 linking a stormcloud should only be done when you're so bored and rich that you have nothing better to do than to 6 link level 10-34 twink gear.

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Darkrox wrote:
While Storm Cloud is a great Bow for leveling, i don't see what a Storm Could can do that a Windripper or Voltaxic Rift can't do...

"
and I don't see what my Honda can do that a Lamborghini Aventador can't :P

both Windripper and Voltaxic Rift are super-high-end bows which are out of most players' reach (including myself).
with Storm Cloud, I can take a Hidden Potential Jewel, a couple of Static Electricity Jewels, put on some blue gear - and feel extremely powerful all the way up to late Merciless.

that's pretty remarkable for a common unique weapon, and I absolutely love it.

A 5 link nerf perfect voltaxic can be had for less than 2 exalts if you're patient, a plain one for peanuts.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 30, 2015, 5:00:45 AM
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
When leveling ele bower, you're not going to get anything significantly better than a Storm Cloud until you're almost to maps. That's why it's so good.

For the same leveling experience/power/result, it would have been much cheaper to buy a Tabula + Stormcloud than 6 linking a Stormcloud.
-
"
Nephalim wrote:
Pretty much any random ele bow at level 35 and beyond will outperform storm cloud and by level 49, vastly outperform storm cloud and will cost barely a few chaos.

No, not vastly outperform. I've built multiple ele bowers with Storm Cloud before, and "upgrading" to another bow would often increase my tooltip DPS by only about 10% or something -- all Physical damage, too. My elemental damage output would actually go down, and the new bow doesn't feel as good because of the significantly lower attack speed. This is particularly true if you go with a Lightning bower instead of tri-ele, since then upgrading to a competitive ele bow will still only increase your damage by about 10%, but split it between physical damage and all 3 elements, invalidating the likely Lightning Penetration support you're using. Maybe a Rare bow is better, but it's neither necessary nor worthwhile to spend time and currency looking for one because the performance is not actually that much better.

Also, as I've been saying this whole time, this argument is going to be completely invalid when Roth's Reach is released. That bow is going to be the first to significantly outperform Storm Cloud at a low level.
Stopped reading at page 2...read soooo much bullshit. ..had to necro this one:

Storm cloud is one of the best leveling bow and will carry easily jp to t8 map ( 35 k dps level 78) and with only a hand full of cheap leveling unique you will easily do more than 8k dps at level 45.

Reading soo much ignorance: it is the fastest dps bow in game! Quill rain have such 50 less damage penalty that prevent it to do dps directly (explosive arrow or some coc are still doable with it)

I have a bunch of 6s 5L and a 6L. Its funny and effective and require almost the same gear that Voltaxic.

Will take some deep breath and see if something meaningfull/ wise has been said in these 7 remaining pages

---edit---

And i am very happy to have found interesting comment including the one just above ;) yeah roth reach is gonna be a beast! In gonna build arround it..but first i want to finish my storm poisoneer (roth will outperform but i wanna try first)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WikarinaTana on Feb 13, 2016, 11:20:35 AM
Don't bother reading them, btw this is like a 2 years old thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info