Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
Here's the thing about Storm Cloud.

1) It has a *level 10* requirement. It is, by far, the best twink bow at level 10.

2) You can scale elemental damage with "projectile damage" and "elemental damage" nodes, which are pretty common on the left side of the tree. You can also scale the damage with WED jewelery, which is less common but not unobtainable.

3) Getting flat elemental damage is trivial. Added Lightning Damage, Static Electricity, and Herald of Thunder are all cheap and effective at increasing base damage, and compared to these the base ele damage on rare bows is too difficult to really be worthwhile.

That said, all this kinda doesn't matter. Next patch we get Roth's Reach and both Storm Clouds *and* Rare Ele Thickets become completely obsolete again.

I miss the days where lions eye was not a 5 chaos bow and ele thickets were the most desired bow.

GGG neuters crit from the tree only to give bows local critical strike chance.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just because it's 5c doesn't mean it's bad (especially since it's closer to 1c in price tag most of the time). The stats on the bow are comparable to those of a half-exalt priced Rare Harbinger with the added bonus that you don't have to invest in accuracy, you can just go with raw DEEPS or survivability. I think it might lack Crit Multi, which does hurt the lower-rolled ones, but you definitely need to be at a pretty high level for that to make a huge difference, though.
While Storm Cloud is a great Bow for leveling, i don't see what a Storm Could can do that a Windripper or Voltaxic Rift can't do...
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
Darkrox wrote:
While Storm Cloud is a great Bow for leveling, i don't see what a Storm Could can do that a Windripper or Voltaxic Rift can't do...

and I don't see what my Honda can do that a Lamborghini Aventador can't :P

both Windripper and Voltaxic Rift are super-high-end bows which are out of most players' reach (including myself).
with Storm Cloud, I can take a Hidden Potential Jewel, a couple of Static Electricity Jewels, put on some blue gear - and feel extremely powerful all the way up to late Merciless.

that's pretty remarkable for a common unique weapon, and I absolutely love it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 28, 2015, 5:21:51 AM
YOU NECRO'D A 6-MONTH OLD THREAD TO JUSTIFY A 6L STORM CLOUD

[Removed by Support.]
Last edited by Sarah on Nov 28, 2015, 5:28:37 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Darkrox wrote:

and I don't see what my Honda can do that a Lamborghini Aventador can't :P

both Windripper and Voltaxic Rift are super-high-end bows which are out of most players' reach (including myself).

While this is true on it's own, someone who 6 LINKS !!!! a Storm Cloud definetly has the means to buy either of the other 2 Bows - which aren't really that expensive nowadays.

Funfact: The Skin of Storm Cloud looks so nice that it's on my Windripper as well as on my Voltaxic xD
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Nov 28, 2015, 9:17:12 AM
you cannot name the day when a 6 link drops. and sadly you cannot name the unique that drops

"
Darkrox wrote:

Nothing. It's a great leveling bow, but it's still a leveling bow, and it's good enough to the point where I wouldn't even bother with picking up a rare bow before I get my final, endgame bow(s). The hilarious thing is that Roth's Reach is going to be even better.
Its so unfair ive been trying to 6 link a bow for like 4 years must have spent thousands of fusings and some people 6 link low level crap.

Sigh, Im so so bitter lol.

"Blue warrior shot the food"
There are worse things to 6-link. If you make lots of new characters on Standard and level them all Ele Bower, that 6-link will carry you pretty damn hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info