Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

Storm Cloud is a levelling weapon.
It's Level 10 Req for god's sake.
The only low level uniques that should ever be 6 linked are the ones that do absolutely crazy stuff like Quill Rain and uh...
Well you get my point.
"
nikheizen wrote:
Storm Cloud is a levelling weapon.
It's Level 10 Req for god's sake.
The only low level uniques that should ever be 6 linked are the ones that do absolutely crazy stuff like Quill Rain and uh...
Well you get my point.

Searing Touch.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
oh wow....
how anyone can get to have enough currency to 6Link a low level bow BEFORE knowing that doing so is more than.. inefficient?

low lvl uniques that are worth 6L?

Searing Touch
Soul Mantle
Quill Rain
Chin Sol (for double PB dip)

and maybe few other/new uniques that i havent seen yet

Storm Cloud is not on the list, no matter how anyone looks at it..

when you use Storm Cloud you can wear Tabula Rasa for 6Link as low levels (<lvl40) are just that easy
Ignorant people.

It is clear that the DPS will keep him going up until just before Sceptre merciless. From a rlvl 10. Color me impressed.

The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Back before auras got buffed and storm cloud was just introduced i used this bow on my marauder.

Then i found a perfect stormcloud and put it on just to try it.
The loss in dps was quite low. I lost around 15% dps at most.
While the bow has worse stats than a thicket bow, the attack speed improves every bit of ele dmg on your gear by a small bit. if your gear and aura dmg is 10 times the damage of your bow then the two bows draw quite close.

I would rather have 6linked a lioneye's glare / good thicket / the new unique imperial bow

but it's not a trainwreck to have this bow 6linked imo.
Well technically it isn't a train wreck to have 6 link anything. It just depends on how much currency he spent on it.

Recently I 6 linked a cloak of defiance in 15 fusings while only going for 5. However the only other 6 link I made myself took over 900.

It all depends how much he invested into it. If it was leas than 1 or 2 ex worth he still came out well ahead.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Mar 17, 2014, 4:56:26 AM
My current build seems to be relevant......
Frenzy 5link

lightning arrow 4link

4 frenzy charges up level 69 with pretty meh gear.
Should be noted that the stromcloud is a 1.8APS
Last edited by alkkine on Apr 5, 2014, 3:34:45 AM
Storm cloud is best in slot for quite a few levels 10-35 on alot of builds, til u get a rare grove bow. I'd definitely pay a pretty penny for it. Quill bow is a mana hog, and relies on auras to do damage. Early on you dont have enough mana to run multiple auras, so Storm Cloud is better.

If you level new builds a lot, instead of trying the 90+ end game [like me] it saves you alot of levelling time. Time is valuable to me.

I had a 6 link briskwrap that i wrecked with a vaal orb, definitely worth 6-linking, too, if u get a perfect or near perfect roll.

I also have a 6-link ambu's charge which is great when you hit 43.

Last edited by SuperDeathLord on Apr 5, 2014, 7:39:14 AM
If u want dps, pick up harbinger bow and put points on crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info