[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

"
zgohs wrote:
Hi.

Can I go CI with this build? only just because the chaos immunity seemed inviting, or is it a bad idea? or if i do decide to go CI i have to loose those life node? sorry.. I'm like 4 days old in this game mechanic-wise.

Thanks. :) very nice guide btw.

Please read the mechanics thread.
And the answer is no.
Edit: If you meant to use PA and other low life goodies i meant lol.

Edit2: Nice guide Mate! You are making it hard to not start a cold caster.
Last edited by sintflut2012 on May 16, 2013, 3:58:40 AM
"
zgohs wrote:
"
CI would be a very different build yes, you have to take out all the life nodes and put them in ES nodes.

Loose the life nodes, got it. thank you for responding. one more thing, is it ok to run this build on hardcore? i read somewhere (in one of the threads here i think) that this build is somewhat of a "glass cannon" and rolling with it in HC will be a bit more challenging without the proper gear. Last question i promise. :) thanks.

Not an HC build. There is a more defensive version in the passives section, which I know can work in HC. I lvled to 68 in a 1 week race (so like 95% self found gear) and did all the pre-map content, then died to a pretty ridiculous desync.

That illustrates why this will never be a top tier HC build though. A top tier HC build seeks to take all the skill out of survival, so you can live in those bullshit situations when you have no control of your character, like desync or disconnects or framerate problems etc. In this build survival is a partnership between the player and the build, so it's not something you can ever get to 90+ in HC with.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 16, 2013, 6:04:55 AM
Aimless , what level are you now? And how often do you die? Thanks for the great build
95. After tinkering around and getting to the current RF/PA build around lvl 92, I've only died to reflect (except one time to invisible chained projectiles :/ ) Reflect was a serious problem though, but I've finally learned the proper level of altertness and paranoia in certain map mods to avoid killing myself (I think...)
I'm having a feeling that my dps (1.8k) is way too low for 70lvl. My build and items @70lvl

Build
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAuMC_gSzB2MHpQj0DkgPxBGWFE0V5xa_F1QZhRpsHwIigSQ8JKomlSepLJwxiDbFNuk74ULDRtdJUUmyTdhVS1ZKVytabV3GXfJgbWHia9ttGXBScNVzU3OzeQN_xoFvghCDOIfbi3qMNox2jjyOZJUEnYCdo52unjyeoaIAoqOnCKcrp1yvm7UEtvrAUcBUwfPVT9gk3Mfd895334TfsOL342rjhOQi8B_wa_Pq96b8qw==

Items
Spoiler

Wand should have crit chance but can't afford to get one at the moment.
Amulet is mostly just for stats, resist and mana regen.
Same as amulet with rings
Also can't afford 5L or 6L

What should I do now? I'm taking the multiplier nodes near witch starts atm when I'm leveling up
Last edited by Qraparta on May 20, 2013, 12:58:21 PM
Hi, except for your shavronne's and weapon switch stuff, would the gear you listed for the RF/PA build be optimal to use for your crit cold caster as well?

I am transitioning from a LA tank ranger (6L lioneyes + kaoms) but I don't think I have the currency to afford a 6L shavronne's (+ gems, etc.) nor the mechanics to play RF/PA yet.

Pretty much I was thinking to start off as a cold caster with gear similiar to your RF/PA build and then just transition after I have the currency for a decent 6L shavronne's. Don't really want a 5L.
"
Qraparta wrote:

What should I do now? I'm taking the multiplier nodes near witch starts atm when I'm leveling up

The multiplier nodes are going to increase your DPS by a lot. Your FP and other gems are about to lvl to 17, which is probably a few hundred DPS.

For gear, your gloves aren't anything to write home about so replacing them with Maligaros might be a good idea (low/mid roll Malis are pretty cheap nowadays). They would also give you dex and help you replace your amulet to get something with spelldmg and crit dmg.

"
oceantunes wrote:
Hi, except for your shavronne's and weapon switch stuff, would the gear you listed for the RF/PA build be optimal to use for your crit cold caster as well?

I am transitioning from a LA tank ranger (6L lioneyes + kaoms) but I don't think I have the currency to afford a 6L shavronne's (+ gems, etc.) nor the mechanics to play RF/PA yet.

Pretty much I was thinking to start off as a cold caster with gear similiar to your RF/PA build and then just transition after I have the currency for a decent 6L shavronne's. Don't really want a 5L.

Actually CI gear is a much better fit. You don't want HP on your gear for the RF build.
Thanks for the response, I'm now trying to find 4L Maligaro with semigood stats and amulet
Can this build be converted to CI?
Hey man if you get the time I would really appreciate some tips on how to improve my skill tree and gear. I took more crit nodes and generally focused more on crit i think, i have 7 power charges.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAuMC_gdjB6UI9A5ID8QRlha_F1QZhRpsHwIigSQ8JKomlSepKU8qWyycLR82xTbpO3w74ULDRKtJUUmyTLNQMFVLVa5WSlcrWm1apl3yYeJjQ20ZcFJw1XNTeQN_xoIQhX2H24hCi3qMNo48j6aVBJ2jna6eoaKjpwinK6dcr5u0OLUEuMrAUcBUwcXB89IZ1U_W0dgk217cx95334Ti9-Nq44TkIuUZ8h3z6vv1_Ks=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info