[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

"
Kerkeyon wrote:
Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but any thoughts on the Hellbringer gloves? I would assume the increased mana cost makes it not usable, but I haven't tested it myself yet

With good enough mana gear you can run FP with mana leech. It's a pain though and your totem and curses cost so much as well. Feels like you'd need to have a build tailored to make use of them.

"
exar01 wrote:
Would this be a decent CI spec still using FP - especially since there will be a free respec soon. Does it need any special gear?

You need to cut some offense to get more ES nodes. Maybe something like this at lvl ~80. A lot of people get the 2nd nullification circle as well. You'll want to get the crit multi at some point though.

For gear you need Eye of Chayula amulet and either Dream Fragments ring or a Heat flask.

"
trashs1 wrote:

my build is develloped out of aimless pa rf build into a ci. i have 9k ES and do with LMP and all power charges up 4700 screen dps.

if u change this build to an ci u are a tank! almost nothing is able to kill me, even in 71-72 maps

Awesome! And yeah CI gets better than HP/ES once you get the gear and the levels. especially since in default now it's easier to get good ES gear. But in the new Onslaught and Anarchy ladders where theres no good ES stuff I think the HP/ES build will be good :)
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jun 1, 2013, 7:43:04 AM
Really looking forward to try this in anarchy from the scratch.

Have one leveld in SC so far he is 45 and i simply love the build. only letdown are my resists. No luck with gear so far
hi aimless :) you are obviusly right in a fresh economy your hp/ES build is a lot easier to archive :D the biggest strenght of this build is, its cheap and dont need items :)

for the new anarchy league im planing to do maybe another type of fp char im still in the theory crafting phase and tweaking the build arround... actually it lacks of dex..., (lets see how the passive nodes change because maybe ill do an meleh than instead or the same without crit nodes and EK)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2892sqjwtWfPGrsAatz5mnpBVerj60qeErpNs9jbpHRQaOLXybqqC5ONqj0bsOKluPyeKr9DQgUk62ClPeA0qTdpiz2WyOE3Y5CKCm76KFSCUoFXGZk-ePIx2jmS1BAHcLOlodIFv96ZdxqQZ4urdDdhNBLO2-t3zRtcb-mEh_MUUTQJxYG0l34TvZ6CiAITZdO2HdmVNeu9KfUd-YEurxQUtxFgn1Q==

im planing to build up a hyper tanky 7% hp regen marauder and get later on rise of the phoenix shield and using RF.

the aim is like 3,5-6k hp --> ~~2-3k rF cycle dps and like 5-6k fp dps (lets see how hp talents get nerved)

importang FP links would be at the start (4l) FP+LMP+FC+ML or faster Projektiles (mana is reserved for clarity and purity at this point)

later on in a 5L and raise of the phoenix

fp(quality!!)+LMP+FC+iron Will+LL auras (vitality+purity+clarity) <-- if mana reserved is ok for using fp aswell, for no regen/50% regen maps i change ll in a BM gem and use a spell dmg shield and keep RF just off or make a secound weapon slot with an EK staff (EK+chain+Faster projektiles+iron will+ml)

in a 6L fp(quality!!)+LMP+FC+iron Will+LL+Faster Projektiles

armour links would be: 4L BBGG; 5L: BBGRR; 6L BBGGRR all collours are easy archievable (more or less) in a AR chest except the 4l but this also could be another item

map mods who should be impossible:
none, even no regen/50% regen should be possible with a equip change, chaos dmg/time maps should be a joke and also temporal chains because of the steady dmg from rf. Normaly all is possible because of overcapted fire ress or simply no RF and dmg shield instead.

im looking forward to read your sugestions and whats the weakness of this build in your opinion :)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on Jun 1, 2013, 6:36:03 PM
Is this a good build for onslaught league and for doing maps either solo or with a group?
Hi, I have a question for you, a new patch will introduce possible to reset the tree Passive skills.
Are you going to use this opportunity to build and change?
Waiting for ur answer.
IGN:SoRcE_
Just another ES post:
If you remove all the passive skills you spent on life and put them on chaos inoculation and the rest on energy shield upgrade, would that be a good idea?
-no potion for mana-health and 3 seccooldown for the ES
-nothing spent on chaos resist also

And if the answer is yes, then do you think it is still worth it to go to the templar part for about 3 usefull skills (all the others passives gives you more life)

Just want to know if anybody tried this after the patch, like do you get stunned all the time?
Last edited by Phyloraptor on Jun 2, 2013, 2:42:58 PM
"
trashs1 wrote:

for the new anarchy league im planing to do maybe another type of fp char im still in the theory crafting phase

HP RF will be affected by the patch, so I cant really comment until it goes live.

"
Dravok wrote:
Is this a good build for onslaught league and for doing maps either solo or with a group?

Hard to say, since it's a new ruleset (and I didn't get to play the 1wk turbo league in closed beta, which is the closest thing anyone has seen to this). I think it will be good and I will probably be playing it, but can't say for sure.

"
sebay wrote:
Hi, I have a question for you, a new patch will introduce possible to reset the tree Passive skills.
Are you going to use this opportunity to build and change?
Waiting for ur answer.

It's unlikely that I will respec my lvl 95 shadow.

"
Phyloraptor wrote:
Just another ES post:
If you remove all the passive skills you spent on life and put them on chaos inoculation and the rest on energy shield upgrade, would that be a good idea?
-no potion for mana-health and 3 seccooldown for the ES
-nothing spent on chaos resist also

And if the answer is yes, then do you think it is still worth it to go to the templar part for about 3 usefull skills (all the others passives gives you more life)

Just want to know if anybody tried this after the patch, like do you get stunned all the time?

Yes, that's how you would do a conversion. You probably also need to get Ghost Reaver though. You can cut Celestial Walker and Prestig but you're going to want to get Body and Soul still so you're in the area.

For stuns you need to wear Eye of Chayula if you're using FP, or have a lot of stun/block recovery.

well you are right! before the changes go life its impossible to create new builds!

anyway i wana face u in an 1 on 1 i wana loose vs the most op merciless pvper before the patch gos life and destroys maybe your build :D

Last edited by trashs1 on Jun 2, 2013, 11:59:17 PM
so because of the elemental adaption nerv mara rf build is fucked up. hows yours? do u have enough ES to autregen the 2% less fire res in comparation to your maximum hp?

What are some of the mega changes to this build that we will have to make when patch comes out?
I just got to lvl 78 with this build, as it was my first toon and still is my favorite. I just want to know if the patch is going to completely destroy this build or if it is savable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info