[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

which rings/ammy do you use normally ? and how much ES do u have?

thanks for the RF FP guide :)
Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties
Last edited by BlackSacrament on May 7, 2013, 2:27:10 AM
What do you guys use for ele reflect mobs? Because I use a skele totem for protection I can't really use an ice spear one to take care of it, I was thinking I could pack an EK gem but then I might have a dex problem? What do you guys think
hello aimless as u know im using this build now verry successful at lvl 73

can u do me a favor? can u plz update ur current item section?

further im using this chest atm
can u tell me whats my future goal? a 6 linked vaal regalia with about 650 ES hp and ress or should i go on a 6 link of this unique chest with "canot bypass chaos dmg on ur ES"?

how do u find items? im using atm 122 IIQ with auraseiz and i find a lot of rares and uniques now in maps. u have nothing and u are so rich :D does ur iIQ only come from map quality?

are u still not using power charge on critical gem? because so many ppl swear on it?

in terms of my current chest, are my gems fine or should i change added chaos dmg with faster projektiles? (20% fp in)

so many questions i know but thx from my side u helped me a lot!

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on May 7, 2013, 12:25:08 AM
"
kicksome wrote:
What do you guys use for ele reflect mobs? Because I use a skele totem for protection I can't really use an ice spear one to take care of it, I was thinking I could pack an EK gem but then I might have a dex problem? What do you guys think

with max res & purity i survive every reflect with just nukeing him down. but consider this cold res flasks if u have problems. they help a lot

Last edited by trashs1 on May 7, 2013, 12:27:52 AM
"
which rings/ammy do you use normally ? and how much ES do u have?

The first three are the ones I normally use. In the second set of three, the first ring is for Ele Weakness maps, and the other two are for more DPS if I want. I have 7000 ES with Rathpith Globe, and 8000 with the rare shield.

"
trashs1 wrote:
"
kicksome wrote:

with max res & purity i survive every reflect with just nukeing him down. but consider this cold res flasks if u have problems. they help a lot

Yup, max res helps a lot, and if you stand far back to you're only hitting with the end of your pulse it's usually pretty safe. Sapphires are also nice but can be hard to find room for in the HP/ES build.

The dex requirement on EK is less than the dex requirement on LMP, so you can try that, maybe 3linked on your swap weapons.

"
trashs1 wrote:
hello aimless as u know im using this build now verry successful at lvl 73

can u do me a favor? can u plz update ur current item section?

further im using this chest atmcan u tell me whats my future goal? a 6 linked vaal regalia with about 650 ES hp and ress or should i go on a 6 link of this unique chest with "canot bypass chaos dmg on ur ES"?

how do u find items? im using atm 122 IIQ with auraseiz and i find a lot of rares and uniques now in maps. u have nothing and u are so rich :D does ur iIQ only come from map quality?

are u still not using power charge on critical gem? because so many ppl swear on it?

in terms of my current chest, are my gems fine or should i change added chaos dmg with faster projektiles? (20% fp in)

That gear there is the gear I was wearing at the time I respecced to righteous fire, so there isn't really a 'current gear' for the original build :)

The unique you're talking about, Shavronne's, is very expensive and isn't good for the HP/ES build in any case. I guess future goals really depend on how pimped out you want to make your character.

If you really want to end up with top of the line gear, I'd say figure out if you want to transition to RF/PA or CI, and then plan your chest around that. I think my build is great for early and medium levels of gear, but once you can get stuff like Shavronnes and 900 ES chests and 400 ES hats and such, RF/PA or CI end up surpassing it in a lot of aspects.

Or you could buy a 600+ ES, HP, res 6link and resell it later for a pure ES chest or Shavs.

I get wealth just by playing the game way too much. I did have a farming MF set before I changed to RF/PA, which was very fun and nice for clearing low lvl maps, but I didn't run it all that much. Also, all my wealth is pretty much existing in my assets, in terms of pure currency I am almost totally broke from mapping :)

Power Charge on Crit is a good gem but usually not better than Added Chaos or Faster Cast for this build, unless you modify it to get more power charges.

Your link setup looks fine.

now i understrand :D

u talk about a RF/PA build, what is with PA/CI ? in my opinion a lot safer because 30% less dmg, only burns 1 es/sec and 20% more survive (that new ES node)

which build do u preffer for pvp? your rf/pa build or a CI/rf one?

anyway a really interesting build! maybe, if its really fine for pvp also i will go for it.

how does rf mechanics work? does i have it recast only 1 time after every map change? or is it like blood rage?

/E wtf shavronne's is soo expensive.. allmost like kaoms plate would u say to chance occultists vestments is a good idea?

Last edited by trashs1 on May 8, 2013, 2:29:30 AM

THanks for the reply, im curious how you reach 30k+ Dps on your tooltip, i can only reach like 15k with charges up with LMP, my Righteous fire is only at lvl 17 atm but i doubt thats the main reason my dps is so low compared to yours. Heres my gear

Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties
Last edited by BlackSacrament on May 7, 2013, 5:37:20 PM
Hey bro ill try this build but with some changes what do you think about this?

-4 curses or 5 if possible
-taryns shiver
-4/5 auras
-rf
ToxicDreams..........
Last edited by Advaanze on May 7, 2013, 9:48:09 PM
"
trashs1 wrote:

u talk about a RF/PA build, what is with PA/CI ? in my opinion a lot safer because 30% less dmg, only burns 1 es/sec and 20% more survive (that new ES node)

which build do u preffer for pvp? your rf/pa build or a CI/rf one?

anyway a really interesting build! maybe, if its really fine for pvp also i will go for it.

how does rf mechanics work? does i have it recast only 1 time after every map change? or is it like blood rage?

/E wtf shavronne's is soo expensive.. allmost like kaoms plate would u say to chance occultists vestments is a good idea?

Yeah, defnitely chance all occultists.

You can't use RF or PA with CI, RF stops when you have 1 hp, and you cannot have fractions of HP so PA won't activate. So it's really a fork in the road between the two, especially in how you want to spend money on a chest (Shavs, or a 900+ ES Vaal?)

You only cast RF once per zone. PvP it can be good, but you have to buff a lot at the start, so it is weak to melee builds that rush you.

"

THanks for the reply, im curious how you reach 30k+ Dps on your tooltip, i can only reach like 15k with charges up with LMP, my Righteous fire is only at lvl 17 atm but i doubt thats the main reason my dps is so low compared to yours. Heres my gear

The 35k screenshot was from someone feeding me power charges from Conduit, allowing me to replace PCoC with 20% Crit Dmg. Was also using a very good DPS shield (with bad ES so I don't normally use it), and using Maligaros ^ ^ So that is not a normal occurence. I'm usually at 19-20k without Chayula, and only 15k with Chayula.

So the difference is more like 15k vs 19k. Your weapon setup is slightly better than mine (for DPS, grats on the shield!) but my DPS amulet is better, so I'd call it a wash. 20% Faster Projectiles is worth over 1500 DPS to me though. And then the rest might be having more passives from a higher level?
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 8, 2013, 6:14:35 AM
Sorry there's no intro vid up for RF/PA yet, but I added a link to HVRs stream where you can see VoDs (it's easy to pick me out due to the big red RF circle), and a link to one of the more interesting piety kills.

"
Advaanze wrote:
Hey bro ill try this build but with some changes what do you think about this?

-4 curses or 5 if possible
-taryns shiver
-4/5 auras
-rf

I don't think you can use RF with Taryns. You really really need the energy shield from your shield or the burn dmg will eat you up. I guess you want the +20% dmg buff to help your party? Cool idea, maybe with a 500 ES hat and 300 ES gloves you could pull it off ^ ^

The 4-5 curses part you can definitely do. It's a lot of DPS to give up going to the +1 curse passive though.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 8, 2013, 7:21:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info